• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Awakening's character design is a looooooot better than what we've seen from If so far. Especially considering what we've seen so far is the principal cast, and Awakening's principal cast was Chrom, Lucina and Robin.
Awakening has a thousand year old little girl dragon though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Awakening's character design is a looooooot better than what we've seen from If so far. Especially considering what we've seen so far is the principal cast, and Awakening's principal cast was Chrom, Lucina and Robin.

I... kinda disagree? I actually like the art and designs in IF a lot.

Nintenyearold

Neo Member

well shit, I just saw the sequel on this list as one of the fake entries (http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/mento/lists/random-pc-game-timeline/72483/) and thought it was the first game lol. I didn't notice the actual video because it was had Roberta William's name first and I scanned right over it

So no one was trolling me, i just trolled myself...

Bacon

firehawk12

Subete no aware
sogood.gif
Nowi or Nah??

at least in FE you can cull off the bad characters
They're all pretty tropey in one way or another. Even the men, so it's kind of equal opportunity at least.
(Although there's no little boy character, I suppose)

Yeah that's pretty much where I'm at.
Yeah, New Vegas was so much better than 3 that a Fallout by Bethesda is kind of a turn off at this point.

I... kinda disagree? I actually like the art and designs in IF a lot.

I didn't want to be the first to say it because of credibility reasons, but I agree. I actually think it is a stunning looking game from what we've seen so far. except for that one big-boobed girl it's pretty restrained too. "lowest common denominator" is a bit overblown.

Yeah I saw that on twitter (thanks Cara), and I chuckled at first, and then realized... ok that's maybe a little out of line.

you guys are going to make me finally play New Vegas, aren't you? Have the whole package on my steam account but i fear i'll spend way too much time with it.

I played FO3 to the tune of +60 hours but I did so on the PS3, where that meant that the game would suffer from minute long pauses and complete crashes at the end of it. The performance was so bad that i couldn't bring myself to play the final DLC for the game, it kept crashing and ran like fucking garbage. I kinda can't believe that people gave bethesda so much shit for Skyrim when they had released an even poorer product in FO3 GOTY on the ps3 and it seemed to go unnoticed.

still got a platinum though.

BearPawB

Banned
oh, no. Hannibal was definitely a full-attention show. I was glued to the screen.

Everyone talks up Hannibal,
but i watched the first few episodes and was disappointed it was basically another "criminal minds"-esque show.

I guess after all the hype I expected something less...conventional

Bacon

but i watched the first few episodes and was disappointed it was basically another "criminal minds"-esque show.

The show's format changes toward the end of S1 and S2

KingKong

it doesnt become good until a little over half way through the first season, but it's definitely overrated by fans so don't expect a Mad Men/Breaking Bad/Sopranos quality show

firehawk12

Subete no aware
you guys are going to make me finally play New Vegas, aren't you? Have the whole package on my steam account but i fear i'll spend way too much time with it.

I played FO3 to the tune of +60 hours but I did so on the PS3, where that meant that the game would suffer from minute long pauses and complete crashes at the end of it. The performance was so bad that i couldn't bring myself to play the final DLC for the game, it kept crashing and ran like fucking garbage. I kinda can't believe that people gave bethesda so much shit for Skyrim when they had released an even poorer product in FO3 GOTY on the ps3 and it seemed to go unnoticed.

Trust me, NV is such a better game it's not even a fair comparison. A true branching storyline, better quest design, better companions, arguably a more interesting world. If you liked FO3, then NV will blow you away. And that's just the main game. lol

the first few episodes are...episodic. It starts going some really weird places mid-first season and only gets weirder

it doesnt become good until a little over half way through the first season, but it's definitely overrated by fans so don't expect a Mad Men/Breaking Bad/Sopranos quality show

hoo boy there's a lot to unpack in this post

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I didn't want to be the first to say it because of credibility reasons, but I agree. I actually think it is a stunning looking game from what we've seen so far. except for that one big-boobed girl it's pretty restrained too. "lowest common denominator" is a bit overblown.

Huh, were there people who complained about it?

I honestly saw nothing that was any worse than what awakening dished out.

tchocky

It changes from that format for Series 2 for the most part.

danm999

NV is an amazing RPG. It also runs pretty well on PC now fiveish years later.

Tucah

you speak so well

It gets better as it goes on.

mostly just Freedom = on the previous page, saying it's for pervs, etc.

which is about as far from what those games are as possible
not counting tharja

I actually think it is a stunning looking game from what we've seen so far. except for that one big-boobed girl it's pretty restrained too. "lowest common denominator" is a bit overblown.

oFLcBuN.gif

This would suck so much if she is supposed to be my sister or something.

your honor, i rest my case

Honestly I expect her with the comic book proportions in If to be that game's equivalent of Nowi in Awakening, in that the rest of the cast is super restrained.

er besides Tharja I guess

Fjordson

Play it. If you liked Fallout 3 you'll like NV. It's basically the same game, just much improved in some key areas.

Rainbow Six Seige already looks like its been hit hard by the Ubisoft downgrade brush.

The playable e3 demo looked way better then this alpha.

I guess a simple issue of a polished vertical slice on high end PC hardware versus the "oh god we need to actually make a video game now"

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I was tearing my hair out when people believed that bullshit demo was anything indicative of any game that Ubisoft actually had plans on releasing. Somehow people just don't learn.

aurahack

Neo Member
Rainbow Six Seige already looks like its been hit hard by the Ubisoft downgrade brush.

The playable e3 demo looked way better then this alpha.

I guess a simple issue of a polished vertical slice on high end PC hardware versus the "oh god we need to actually make a video game now"

Maybe it's just working in games and knowing how the bread is buttered but I'm kind of amazed people still fall for the polished E3 demo. Didn't people catch on when they said the original E3 Halo reveal was completely smoke and mirrors?

Liamc723

I think it still looks pretty good though. The problem I have is that communication with friends is clearly needed to succeed, and I don't have anyone to play with.

if this has some kind of challenge mode or AI teammates/enemies this game could be kind of interesting

if it's literally just all humans attack vs defend, it's going to get dull kind of quickly

I think it still looks pretty good though. The problem I have is that communication with friends is clearly needed to succeed, and I don't have anyone to play with.

yep, exactly, if you can kind of command your AI teammates like older R6 games, I'd be pretty excited

I don't really like playing with randos that much.

really cool proof of concept. I want to see them go all the way

KingKong

I think Counter Strike spoiled me on all these console focused 'realistic' shooters, they all look so simple and unsatisfying to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom