• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Jeff went on to answer the question, Brad would probably have just answered with the first two lines and left it at that.

Why did Jeff even include the first lines? What purpose did that serve? Did the guy do something wrong phrasing the question the way he did?

Not that Jeff is incorrect in pointing out the thinly-veiled true nature of the question, but he still deemed the question worthy of addressing.

It was never my intention, I was just trying to keep it short while typing on mobile.

That's how I read it, I don't think he needed to jump down your throat about it. No harm done though, I suppose.

Myggen

Speaking of Giant Bomb tumblrs,

The Dad thirst is real.

iKfn88o1hc0hp.gif

Why did Jeff even include the first lines? What purpose did that serve? Did the guy do something wrong phrasing the question the way he did?

Not that Jeff is incorrect in pointing out the thinly-veiled true nature of the question, but he still deemed the question worthy of addressing.

He probably gets plenty of not-so-subtle messages like that, so I can't blame Jeff. But even I thought it was obvious Megasoum was just trying to keep the message short.

:(

Mailbags are so weird.

Megasoum

Banned
That's how I read it, I don't think he needed to jump down your throat about it. No harm done though, I suppose.

Yeah whatever, I'm just happy he actually answered the question afterward. English is my second language too so even if my english is all right, I'll still miss some of the subtleties sometimes.

Yeah whatever, I'm just happy he actually answer the question afterward. English is my second language too so even if my english is all right, I'll still miss some of the subtleties sometimes.

For what it's worth, I would love to be as proficient with my second language as you seem to be with English.

I'll add my two cents and say, after seeing most of my friends become parents, I bet Dan would be a good dad.

If he doesn't want kids, that's one thing. But if he did, he's got the right qualities, despite what the internet peanut gallery might think.

For what it's worth, I would love to be as proficient with my second language as you seem to be with English.

god. at one point I was considered "fluent" in spanish and I guarantee I was about a tenth as good at it as people who apologize for their english. my german (4 years of study) and japanese are far more abysmal than that even.

I agree with Drew, I wonder how long a concept like that will be fun to play. You'll at least need some brilliant maps.

Just let me rock up to the house with an IKEA flatpack under my shoulder.

"All right lads, you take out the nutters with the hostage and I'll get to work setting up this plastic coffee table"

Hahaha I was wondering how long it would take for somebody here to pick it up.

I sent him another message to apologize that my original question sounded like some kind of cheap zinger. It was never my intention, I was just trying to keep it short while typing on mobile.

jeff lives in a world of perceived slights

god. at one point I was considered "fluent" in spanish and I guarantee I was about a tenth as good at it as people who apologize for their english. my german (4 years of study) and japanese are far more abysmal than that even.

Oh man, that hits home for me. I have a bachelor's degree in German, and I feel so incompetent speaking with a native German speaker. It always stings when they switch to fluent English.

literally whenever anyone says this

theyre always ten times better at english than almost every native english speaker i run into every day

Absolutely. I so wish I had been taught a second language from kindergarten.

Feels like the new hire announcement can't be too far away, right? Been like four months.

I think its safe to say if we dont have a name by or during the Big Live Live Show something is up.

Like getting someone from Scotland to move permanently to america is probably really hard to do.

Megasoum

Banned
If it does end up being Cara (I really doubt it) then it would be the first GB Crew that blocked me on twitter lol.

Wait actually that's not true... Ryan blocked me once but with him it was almost a given lol. He did unblock him after I asked him nicely.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Speaking of ding chavez, I had a neat idea for a breaking brad that involved an older rainbow six game that I love, but brad did not respond to my private message about it, in spite of the half dozen pls responds I followed up with. weird

It would have been great

Megasoum

Banned
Speaking of ding chavez, I had a neat idea for a breaking brad that involved an older rainbow six game that I love, but brad did not respond to my private message about it, in spite of the half dozen pls responds I followed up with. weird

It would have been great

As a Huuuuuuuuuuge Tom Clancy fan myself I gotta say, Ding Chavez and John Clark are THE SHIT. I think Ding is leading Rainbow in the modern "canon" now that Clark retired.

Patryn

I think its safe to say if we dont have a name by or during the Big Live Live Show I think its safe to say something is up.

Like getting someone from Scotland to move permanently to america is probably really hard to do.

I really think it's going to be the Big Live Live Show.

If it doesn't happen then, I honestly don't see it being announced until after E3.

im not making threads in Gaming anymore because no one reads the OP and then people just post their nonsense without even having the decency of checking the last handful of posts to see if their dumb comment has any relevance or if it's been answered like 5 times already.

Tucah

you speak so well
I think its safe to say if we dont have a name by or during the Big Live Live Show something is up.

BLLS announcement seems like a safe bet.

Lijik

im not making threads in Gaming anymore because no one reads the OP and then people just post their nonsense without even having the decency of checking the last handful of posts to see if their dumb comment has any relevance or if it's been answered like 5 times already.

i feel like this has been happening a lot more than usual in the past year on the gaming side

This Rainbow Six game seems to mostly be about dismantling other people's houses.

Given that we played Bad Company 2 as a house demolition simulator and Red Faction: Guerrilla as a Space Asshole simulator, I would gladly accept Rainbow Six: Siege as another house demolition simulator.

I'll add my two cents and say, after seeing most of my friends become parents, I bet Dan would be a good dad.

If he doesn't want kids, that's one thing. But if he did, he's got the right qualities, despite what the internet peanut gallery might think.

I just listened to this episode of This American Life yesterday, so the conversation about the training needed to be a good parent and the qualities of good parenting cracked me up. Nobody is ever ready to be a parent.

Are we talking about anime and DMX mash-ups now? Because Mega Man X Gonna Give It to Ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom