• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still need to watch the third mario party

everyone sounded kinda down on it at the time
Brad kind of drags it down by passive aggressively repeating that he doesn't care for two hours as he gets more and more annoyed. Becomes more awkward than fun at a certain point. Ending is great though.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Can Call of Duty just go to space already?

They've been teasing that shit since MW2 when they basically made The Rock, the video game.

LET'S GO TO SPACE AND STAY IN MOTHA FUCKING SPACE.

Who'd want to play as a space marine? Sounds stupid no one would like that.

I wanted an old quick look to watch while I ate so I put on Dead or Alive Dimensions.

First of all, this is a great quick look.

Second of all, fucking Troy Baker is in it.

Third of all, in the comments:

dsnFlgg.png

Brad kind of drags it down by passive aggressively repeating that he doesn't care for two hours as he gets more and more annoyed. Becomes more awkward than fun at a certain point. Ending is great though.

That was suuuuper awkward to watch. I'm blown away that the three hours of condescension did nothing to sway Dan's enthusiasm. Dude is a rock of optimism.

No_Style

Curse the guy who pointed out how Dan always brings up a wrestling reference to Quick Looks. Now I can't help but think of that comment and how true it is when Dan brings up a wrestling reference in Quick Looks.

And I like those references :(

Curse the guy who pointed out how Dan always brings up a wrestling reference to Quick Looks. Now I can't help but think of that comment and how true it is when Dan brings up a wrestling reference in Quick Looks.

And I like those references :(

Someone should really start recording "time-to-wrestling" statistics for Dan quick looks.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
It's funny because Giant Bomb's handheld coverage leaves a lot to be desired.

I mean....handheld games leaves a lot to be desired nowadays and they couldn't do Vita QLs for the longest time. And now there are no games on Vita anymore. And barely any 3DS games worth talking about.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I worry that Dan wearing those sunglasses only ends one way: A screaming parent as he insists "No, no, hold on lady, I just have to give your kid these, it's okay, they came from a doctor's office"

bretsunglasses.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but it really does feel like handheld games have completely vanished for the last couple of months. Which is understandable for the Vita but not the 3DS.

Wasn't there some technical difficulty that made Vita games difficult to capture until recently?

I don't think there's an easy way to captured footage on a Vita that doesn't involve soft or hard modding it.

The Playstation TV, on the other hand, can let you record Vita footage really easily.

I think I just realized why Dan likes Waluigi.

b27.gif

y'all want some trivia?

the japanese origin of the crotch chop/point gesture in popular culture is usually traced back to Beat Takeshi, back when he was primarily a comedian. it's called コマネチ or "komanechi," which is a reference to olympic gymnast Nadia Comaneci

I guess at the time she was known for wearing a pretty high-cut one-piece and the gesture was demonstrating the "cut" of the outfit. combine that with her "hands in the air" pose and this is what you get.

of course like pretty much anything else, the original meaning of it was largely forgotten and it was just kind of accepted into public knowledge as a funny pose. the "normal" way you see it is to kind of "draw" the lines with the hands, and not necessarily "chop" them, but you'll see both.

here's a semi-recent video of Takeshi meeting Comaneci, his reaction when realizing who she is is pretty funny. later he gives her a sushi clock, which she wonders if she's supposed to eat. I dunno.

here's a video of Takeshi explaining the move on a panel show (I guess, he slurs his words so much I can't really understand him), and a co-host (guest?) demonstrating the gesture

now someone will tell me the waluigi thing was actually a wrestling thing and i'll be sad

FStop7

Banned
I worry that Dan wearing those sunglasses only ends one way: A screaming parent as he insists "No, no, hold on lady, I just have to give your kid these, it's okay, they came from a doctor's office"

bretsunglasses.jpg

Now I have Bret Hart's entrance theme stuck in my head. Still the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom