• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brashnir

metal gear sure is some idiotic nonsense.

edit - also, Dan's definition of "grounded" is insane. Referencing while wholly discarding the reality of real-life events isn't "grounding" a story, it's adding another level of jibberish.

12 Monkeys is great in an insane way. It is the one show that replaced what I love about Fringe

qtoHcRPl.jpg

Wait, it's similar to Fringe? Sold.

Mully

They'll probably be want the new hire prior to E3. When it comes to when they'll make the announcement, I think it'll be when that person is hired. Nothing special.

Giant Bomb will have their own E3 conference in which they reveal their new hire and officially announce the exciting sequel to Bike called Bike 2: The Jeff Gerstmann Experience®. Developed by Platinum Games. Coming in Spring of 2016.

EDIT: Wii-U exclusive.

Giant Bomb will have their own E3 conference in which they reveal their new hire and officially announce the exciting sequel to Bike called Bike 2: The Jeff Gerstmann Experience®. Developed by Platinum Games. Coming in Spring of 2016.

Please. Press conferences are a thing of the past. It's going to be a Giant Bomb Direct with Giant Bomb Treehouse afterwards, hosted by Alex.

Brashnir

as long as we get some sick-ass ramps.

I kinda want
another white male to be hired, if only see the lashback and drama it would create on the internet.

Is that wrong of me?

I can't wait. I'm only on part 7 right now, but the series is amazing so far. Wasn't subscribed when they first did it so this is the first time I've seen it.

Same here. I watched patty play through Demons Souls, and that invigorated my love of Demons Souls. I can't play it now(I still have my day 1 copy though, I'm pretty sure I have the art book somewhere), but maybe one day I will.

Brashnir

I kinda want
another white male to be hired, if only see the lashback and drama it would create on the internet.

Is that wrong of me?

Yeah, the thought crossed my mind, and then I imagined the
white male
was
Jim Sterling
and it made me sad that it won't happen.

I dunno, would the lashback from minorities about having less opportunities in this industry be all that fun?

Well, the industry is as such that being friends with someone who works there highly increases the chance of getting a job there(IE Dan Ryckert was pretty familiar with the group, Idk about Jason but both Dan and him came from the same magazing previously), there is a form of nepotism involved when it comes to the hiring-IE Brad, Ryan, Jeff had all known each other previously, Polygon seems to be formed from people who worked with each other previously, etc. etc.

It sucks, because if I wanted to break into the industry it'd be incredibly tough without making friends in the industry first and then wedging my way into a spot where my skills would be wanted....

....still it'd be funny either way to see the backlash. But it'd be bad form on Giant Bombs fans to complain.

I kinda want

Is that wrong of me?

It's gonna be a shitstorm no matter what. It'll either be "they hired this person to fulfill a quota" or "giant bomb hates minorities/women" whoever the hire is will undoubtedly be qualified and a good fit but they're going to have to wade through some serious drama their first week.

Well, the industry is as such that being friends with someone who works there highly increases the chance of getting a job there(IE Dan Ryckert was pretty familiar with the group, Idk about Jason but both Dan and him came from the same magazing previously), there is a form of nepotism involved when it comes to the hiring-IE Brad, Ryan, Jeff had all known each other previously, Polygon seems to be formed from people who worked with each other previously, etc. etc.

It sucks, because if I wanted to break into the industry it'd be incredibly tough without making friends in the industry first and then wedging my way into a spot where my skills would be wanted....

....still it'd be funny either way to see the backlash. But it'd be bad form on Giant Bombs fans to complain.

IIRC Vinny handled choosing the person to hire on the video side and he said Jason was hugely qualified.

Edit: Found the quote

I hired Jason because he was the most qualified candidate for the job. Complete coincidence. Weird one though.
source

Anjin M

It's gonna be a shitstorm no matter what. It'll either be "they hired this person to fulfill a quota" or "giant bomb hates minorities/women" whoever the hire is will undoubtedly be qualified and a good fit but they're going to have to wade through some serious drama their first week.
This is exactly why I am not looking forward to any backlash. This thread was a nightmare after Dan's hiring and I don't relish all of the idiocy that will inevitably ensue. Hiring someone new should be something awesome because of what it means for Giant Bomb, but people will try to spoil it for whatever reason.

Things will pass and it will turn out to be great (like most of the new hires). But I'm not eager to experience that again.

BanGy.nz

Banned
I'm not surprised BreezyLimbo is the type of person who'd just want to watch the world burn, your love for League of Legends noted baby game for babies makes all the sense in the world.
I DON'T CARE YOU HAVN'T PLAYED IT IN A YEAR! JUST ADMIT IT'S A BABY GAME AND I CAN STOP YELLING ABOUT IT

with all due respect to cara, fuck cara

what's carrie doing these days
We are enemies now.
Carrie's still at EA

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I typed in "Is Jeff Gerstmann still a Threat" to search for his blog and google auto-completed it before I typed it all out as "Is Jeff Gerstmann still Alive".

...What.

The backlash if they actually hire someone who ISN'T a white dude is gonna be way funnier than if they just hire another white dude. I can't wait to see Kotaku In Action talk about how they're clearly just filling a quota to appease the SJWs.

also please hire cara. please.

Megasoum

Banned
This is exactly why I am not looking forward to any backlash. This thread was a nightmare after Dan's hiring and I don't relish all of the idiocy that will inevitably ensue. Hiring someone new should be something awesome because of what it means for Giant Bomb, but people will try to spoil it for whatever reason.

Things will pass and it will turn out to be great (like most of the new hires). But I'm not eager to experience that again.

The good thing about being stuck in the community ghetto is that anybody who would bitch about the hire doesn't know we still exist.

I'm not surprised BreezyLimbo is the type of person who'd just want to watch the world burn, your love for League of Legends noted baby game for babies makes all the sense in the world.
I DON'T CARE YOU HAVN'T PLAYED IT IN A YEAR! JUST ADMIT IT'S A BABY GAME AND I CAN STOP YELLING ABOUT IT

We are enemies now.
Carrie's still at EA

Sometimes watching the world burn is nice with the right Vodka on your side.
IT'S JUST A BADLY BALANCED VIDEO GAME. FUCK LEAGUE.

Bacon

I typed in "Is Jeff Gerstmann still a Threat" to search for his blog and google auto-completed it before I typed it all out as "Is Jeff Gerstmann still Alive".

...What.

Back when I first started following gamespot I couldn't tell the difference between ryan and jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom