• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the GB guys use monitors when playing consoles at their desk, at least Brad does.

edit: You should add Demo Derby to the list in your OP!

i knew i forgot something

leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Bacon

Am I the only one that has no play button for all the videos on the website for almost a week now using chrome? There is a post about it in the forums but the last post was 5 days ago.

I was having an issue on chrome last night where no premium videos would play after hitting the play button. For some reason only non-premium videos would work. Really strange

So do we know what the other two live streams are this week besides Bloodbourne and UPF? The part about plans holding up made me think one relied on GBeast being able to stream...

I'm so ready for a GBeast premium feature.

Tucah

you speak so well
So do we know what the other two live streams are this week besides Bloodbourne and UPF? The part about plans holding up made me think one relied on GBeast being able to stream...

I'm so ready for a GBeast premium feature.

Hoping for a GBeast stream. Maybe Mario Party?

Leave it to GB to release a bunch of content when there is actually games to play. :lol

I enjoy the distraction while I can't play any of them.

Anjin M

we hired a new guy and i know he plays video games but i kind of avoided bringing it up because he's kind of annoying

asked him this morning:

"i dunno there are literally no games worth playing once youve played grand theft auto and dynasty warriors"

what the hell have i gotten myself into

I really try not to talk games while I'm at work. It rarely goes well for me.

While I'm here, I should say that Samantha was awesome on Danswers. My sheltered life gives me limited oppotunities to interact with people with differing gender identities. So it was cool that she could share her experience. Now we just need her to get a GAF account because she would be awesome on here.

edit:
After all, Demo Derby lost the poll 94 vs. 108.

Goddamn heathens.

Anjin M

Soooo can I skip Bloodborne discussions in today's podcast and not be spoiled in any way for rest of the show?

Yes. The received wisdom is that Bloodborne talk stops to the 55 minute mark.

I've was trying to avoid spoilers, but I can't wait. I have to put it all in me now. I can't wait for that game to arrive.

I was going to hold off on playing pillars of eternity until I'd cleared some of the stuff I'm playing at the moment so this talk on the bombcast is killing me.

Myggen

To be more precise, you can listen from the start of the podcast until about 15 minutes in when they begin talking about games, and then skip to 55 minutes in.

Anjin M

you didn't provide a (faux) reason for your edit, anjin

i'm confused by this whole situation now

Fixed.

I was going to hold off on playing pillars of eternity until I'd cleared some of the stuff I'm playing at the moment so this talk on the bombcast is killing me.

Describing Pillars as a modern Infinity Engine game has killed all interest I have in that game. Turn-based or nothing for me.

Teddified

Any guesses for the Bloodborn QL crew? I'm thinking Brad, Rorie and Jason.

Dan seems to be doing that KindaFunnyGames thing at the same time.

It looks like the GB guys use monitors when playing consoles at their desk, at least Brad does.
No they have both, a monitor from work storage and real tv's 1080p but a smaller size.
Don't know the name of the video, but one of the first from the CBSi office when moving in was about buying stuff inlc these tv's.

Also FN Kinect 2 hilarious :D

yes, skip to minute 55. Bloodborne talk does not really have spoilers in my opinion, but everybody defines spoiler differently.

I've watched some videos of the game but somehow listening someone else's impressions before I get to experience it feels dangerous.

I still need to get through the podcast today to pass time. There's no way I'll be able to listen after I get my hands on it.

justjim89

Fruit Ninja Kinect 2 QL:

Jeff's GF encouraging him to eat pineapple, huh?

I'm sorry, I know that's weekend as fuck but I had to say it.

Describing Pillars as a modern Infinity Engine game has killed all interest I have in that game. Turn-based or nothing for me.
My main concern was that it's systems would be impenetrable if you've never played an infinity engine game and it sounds like that's not the case. Regardless I'm just excited for another obsidian game with a lot of writing.

I hope they start from the beginning of the game in the BB QL. I was on a full media blackout before starting playing today and I know nothing about this game except what I've figured out on my own. I don't want to see areas past the first boss.

lol, well Dan retweeted which ever one of you sent him my gif on twitter

I guess I'll take that as a compliment

On this same note, I wonder who from here is posting on the GB subreddit and who is just watching this thread and putting things up over there.

Doesn't happen all the time, but kind of often.

Anjin M

i love fruit

You're a.... kumquat.

Auto-pause on everything is almost turn-based :)

I know that this is a nearly two decade old bias, but auto-pause never helped at all. What I like about turn-based is that I can process all of the action as it happens. With Real-time (even with auto-pause), I find that I spend all of my game time just trying to figure out what is happening with the systems so that I can react properly. I'm probably
definitely
just slow, but that's my cross to bear.

My main concern was that it's systems would be impenetrable if you've never played an infinity engine game and it sounds like that's not the case. Regardless I'm just excited for another obsidian game with a lot of writing.

That what kills me! I would probably love to experience those games, if only I could play them. Anyone know if they offer an easy difficulty option?

thank you, definitely one of your best!

I live to serve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom