• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how this guy wants "traditional values" which basically means titties and putting down people.

This entire time I'm stuck with this bizarre expression of disbelief as this man can't comprehend that progress is a thing that exists in the world.

Rainmaker

Banned
not with the cleavage that guy was looking for

hate to correct you but he was looking for "cleavlage." you would know this if you weren't so caught up in all the shabby goings-on. starting to think you weren't born in the 1950's like us real fans of ribald humor.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Can Drew's game and Vinny's sky fighters game fight each other? You could probably just put them both in the same folder and it'd happen right? I know that's not how games actually work, but I'm assuming Jeff's "Unity dropped this" theory holds. I feel like the resulting .exe would be the perfect bad flying game.

Myggen

Can Drew's game and Vinny's sky fighters game fight each other? You could probably just put them both in the same folder and it'd happen right? I know that's not how games actually work, but I'm assuming Jeff's "Unity dropped this" theory holds. I feel like the resulting .exe would be the perfect bad flying game.

Charging $10 for that piece of shit should be criminal. I swear it was running at like 10 fps.

is someone on voice chat? is this a call in show? I'm not watching just trying to parse what's happening from posts here

Jeff took calls on his drive into work today.

Jintor

is someone on voice chat? is this a call in show? I'm not watching just trying to parse what's happening from posts here

Between that and all the Hugo award drama, the most putrid part of internet culture has been getting a lot of attention in the past 48 hours.

With Nordic Games patching and adding content like new maps to Red Faction: Guerrilla on Steam is it possible we might get a new Red Faction game? Can a man hope?

Megasoum

Banned
Wtf is happening lately with the Black Ops cover image on Twitch

QUWEH3m.png

I love how this guy wants "traditional values" which basically means titties and putting down people.

This entire time I'm stuck with this bizarre expression of disbelief as this man can't comprehend that progress is a thing that exists in the world.
The worst part was how that fella kept going "you're right, Jeff," and then basically rephrasing what Jeff just shot down... again. And again.
AND AGAIN SEVERAL TIMES MORE.
How Jeff managed that whole situation has given me a new level of respect for him.

it's kind of a shame that mojo king bee is like the one good level in gitaroo man

it's also the level you get with most of the demos they released of it

but then again I don't like anime so other people totally get more mileage out of the game than me

Harmonix ruined rhythm games when they stole Guitar Freaks and made the whole genre about being some jerk with a whole retinue of plastic garbage instead of being a rapping dog or a musical secret agent or whatever lunatic concept.

it's kind of a shame that mojo king bee is like the one good level in guitaroo man

it's also the level you get with most of the demos they released of it

but then again I don't like anime so other people totally get more mileage out of the game than me

If the Legendary Theme is anime, then we should all strive to be anime.

justjim89

I know all the GB guys have their various vocal eccentricities, like Brad saying the h in while, the l in yolk, or Ryan saying the w in sword, but I think the one that consistently grates with me is Vinny's "fuh-word."

I don't know why. But every time he says it, it bugs me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Harmonix ruined rhythm games when they stole Guitar Freaks and made the whole genre about being some jerk with a whole retinue of plastic garbage instead of being a rapping dog or a musical secret agent or whatever lunatic concept.

Well thank god that rhythm games are now about hot anime dudettes and dudes.

pretty close-minded way to think about it

Yeah, probably. I've cultivated this view in the years following the popping of the plastic instrument bubble, so I feel it's a bit better (just a bit) than a snap reaction to something happening right now. Of course, there are other factors, like the genre always being niche and then suddenly punching far above its weight due to the super popularity of a few series. Also, there's the general bifurcation of the industry into just giant AAA games and tiny indie stuff, which hamstrings everything in the middle. But I always think, if the genre hadn't exploded in this very specific form, would there be more of those wacky games just happily existing with a very dedicated, fairly small base?

Well thank god that rhythm games are now about hot anime dudettes and dudes.

yeah, it was really scary when guitar hero came out and prevented games like elite beat agents and rhythm heaven from coming out

oh wait that didn't happen

hell, I think if the plastic instrument games weren't as gigantic as they were, Nintendo would probably hesitate on bringing something like Rhythm Heaven overseas in the first place

yeah, it was really scary when guitar hero came out and prevented games like elite beat agents and rhythm heaven from coming out

oh wait that didn't happen

hell, I think if the plastic instrument games weren't as gigantic as they were, Nintendo would probably hesitate on bringing something like Rhythm Heaven overseas in the first place

Post-Rock Band/Guitar Hero crash, we've seen a limited number of releases in those genres. That's my concern. Did that explosion poison the well for these unrelated, niche rhythm games, or would other factors in the industry have led to a severe decline anyway?

There's a new Rhythm Heaven for 3DS. It has not been announced for release outside of Japan. Do you think it will be localized? Would it have been localized if Rock Band and Guitar Hero hadn't imploded? Whatever happened to Dance Dance Revolution? What's iNiS up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom