• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming home from work to watch the new UPF and the first thing I see

On this Friday: Dan's inner otaku shows

ae8.gif

Post-Rock Band/Guitar Hero crash, we've seen a limited number of releases in those genres. That's my concern. Did that explosion poison the well for these unrelated, niche rhythm games, or would other factors in the industry have led to a severe decline anyway?

There's a new Rhythm Heaven for 3DS. It has not been announced for release outside of Japan. Do you think it will be localized? Would it have been localized if Rock Band and Guitar Hero hadn't imploded? Whatever happened to Dance Dance Revolution? What's iNiS up to?

It's hard to say whether or not you could attribute the decline of those games to the fall of GH/RB. The Japanese gaming landscape's shift towards mobile could had just as much of an impact, if not more.

If the new Rhythm Heaven isn't localized, I doubt you could attribute that to the Rock Band/Guitar Hero bubble bursting, considering that Nintendo went and localized Rhythm Heaven Fever a good year after all that stuff went down.

Project Mirai, new game by the DJ Max people, Dancing all night and IA/VT are all coming man!

The genre's recovering pretty rapidly, so I should probably stop complaining and let the people have their fancy rock and roll games.

Also, still super pissed that iNiS was relegated to Karaoke games for years.

I watched six seconds of a Love Live song on YouTube and it was trash. Unlike a certain other music-based anime that has taken up a distressing amount of my time, they don't even play their own instruments.

Brashnir

Post-Rock Band/Guitar Hero crash, we've seen a limited number of releases in those genres. That's my concern. Did that explosion poison the well for these unrelated, niche rhythm games, or would other factors in the industry have led to a severe decline anyway?

There's a new Rhythm Heaven for 3DS. It has not been announced for release outside of Japan. Do you think it will be localized? Would it have been localized if Rock Band and Guitar Hero hadn't imploded? Whatever happened to Dance Dance Revolution? What's iNiS up to?

how are ANY niche genres doing nowadays? You're either a AAA focus-grouped-to-oblivion blockbuster, or a microscopic-budget indie anymore. Where do those old Rhythm games fit into this business model?

BanGy.nz

Banned
Mary's diorama :)

"a what? a pen-dullum?"
After seeing that I want a Giant bomb dot com arts and craft steam.
it's ok one day Dan will like taylor swift

one day

not today
not tomorrow
maybe the day after tomorrow
Taylor is way to modern for Dan, he like everyone else is entitled to their own opinions... unless it's about League of Legends which is a confirmed baby game for babies. That is a the only acceptable opinion. Anyone saying anything else is wrong. Baby game.

MGS4 is perhaps the most anime of them all too.
It's also the worst one... coincidence? no. Anime is a for jerks.

After seeing that I want a Giant bomb dot com arts and craft steam.
Taylor is way to modern for Dan, he like everyone else is entitled to their own opinions... unless it's about League of Legends which is a confirmed baby game for babies. That is a the only acceptable opinion. Anyone saying anything else is wrong. Baby game.

It's also the worst one... coincidence? no. Anime is a for jerks.

But Taylor Swift picks League of Legends 10/10 times

I do not dislike Taylor Swift. I don't know much about her but she seems good at what she does.

YOU'RE A GOOD MAN DAN,
do you like league of legends?

BanGy.nz

Banned
People talk about 4 being the worst MGS like Peacewalker doesn't exist.

No one played that mess.

I PLAYED IT.

AND IT WAS TERRIBLE.

Of course an Anime fan played it.
I played it as well... We'll never speak of this again.

But Taylor Swift picks League of Legends 10/10 times

YOU'RE A GOOD MAN DAN,
do you like league of legends?
Fine ok, League of Legends isn't a baby game because Heroes of the Storm exists. League of Legends is more of a toddlers game. Toddlers game for children. Happy? good. Now stop spreading lies about Taylor Swift.

you know what fuck that league is a babies game

We are friends now

justjim89

I still have two major gaps in my Giant Bomb viewing.

The Euro Truck Simulator 2 QL and the P4 Endurance run (somewhere in the 40's, last time I checked.)

One of those shall be remedied tonight.

Fine ok, League of Legends isn't a baby game because Heart of the Storm exists. League of Legends is more of a toddlers game. Toddlers game for children.

you know what fuck that league is a babies game I'll take Heroes of the Storm 100 times over 100 times over...League. Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom