• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerocrane

In the bubble called Europe or the bubble of people born after 1980? I know they were big at some point, but these guys made it sound like they were on a level with The Beatles or Queen and I've never heard that before.

The bubble of the group of people you know and associate with. I'm 20 and I have a friend who holds Guns N' Roses in high regard. The band was really well regarded for a good reason. Saying that they're on the same level as The Beatles or Queen is a bit much though. It might be different for others, but my friend likes GnR so much because of Slash's guitar playing which inspired him to start learning to play guitar.

Massa

In the bubble called Europe or the bubble of people born after 1980? I know they were big at some point, but these guys made it sound like they were on a level with The Beatles or Queen and I've never heard that before.

Obviously it's bigger with people of a certain generation, but Guns N' Roses is definitely big in Europe too. Your comparison was nonsense.

I'm 37, USA, grew up in small town Pennsylvania. GNR and that brand of metal were pretty big with the rural kids. Lots of trashy high school girls in Use Your Illusion cut off shirts. The double album was massive and the T2 tie-in came out when I was 13 meaning it was like the best thing ever.

I didn't really like them though outside that one song.

Myggen

Oh man I'm only like 10 minutes in and Dan is already shaping up to be one of those worst/best types of players to play against. This makes me want to buy a Dreamcast but they are pretty pricey compared to other retro consoles at least on the uk ebay.

Haha, yeah. I love the Dan/Jason combo with Dan trying to annoy Jason as much as possible, and Jason acting like a disappointed dad.

It amazes me how Namco had 2 of the best fighters ever in the space of 2 years

Tekken 3 & Soul Caliber

but soul caliber 2 is still the best

Nishastra

Banned
This Soulcalibur video is the best. I, like Dan, played an inordinate amount of this game back in the day.

My friends and I did the team thing as well, but sometimes we'd also pick Inferno/Edge Master and set it to infinite rounds and play for hours at a time.

bigkrev

I only made it 10 minutes into the SC video. Watching Jason, who is supposedly good at Fighting games, try repeatedly to block attacks that are unblockable (the first couple of times? Sure, but it's not like Dan wasn't spamming the same attack over and over and over again), and then complaining "What do I do? Am I supposed to doge?"

You could try something that has worked in every fighting game in existence, HITTING THEM when they are in some crazy charge up state, but that is probably too complicated or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom