• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Haha, same. Except our version of Dan is the one who owned the Dreamcast, so we couldn't never really stop playing with him.

Especially the "Nu-uh THIS way I like to play is the only way REAL gamers play the game!" thing was driving me INSANE.
It's actually hard to watch cause that guy was so infuriating. (yet really nice whenever we didn't play Smash or Mario Kart)

Cyros

I bet Dan could beat 1 or 2 people in his pools at EVO. That bombastica reminded me of the Gandhi/FSP match from SSF4AE. One guy is more technically proficient on paper, but is constantly getting caught by random play from the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfEVcZ3anG0
That was good fun, and it looks like UltraDavid/James Chen did an episode about it.

I only made it 10 minutes into the SC video. Watching Jason, who is supposedly good at Fighting games, try repeatedly to block attacks that are unblockable (the first couple of times? Sure, but it's not like Dan wasn't spamming the same attack over and over and over again), and then complaining "What do I do? Am I supposed to doge?"

You could try something that has worked in every fighting game in existence, HITTING THEM when they are in some crazy charge up state, but that is probably too complicated or something.
I'm thinking it didn't help that Jason was playing characters he didn't know the normals for.

It's not like Dan was wrestling the controller away from Jason. Jason could have picked whatever the hell he wanted.

That said, Dan was being pretty shitty.

Growing Healthy Cabbage

AgJdcK6.jpg

Man, I would hate to play Dan in fighting games. He was ok on Mortal Kombat on UPF but this soul caliber video is making me want to turn it off.

Dan was having fun playing video games. Nothing more.

You are debating someone enjoying video games.at the same level as highly important things that happen in our world.

You need to stop this.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm firmly with Dan this time. If you win in fighting games, you get to talk shit. Them's the rules.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Dan was having fun playing video games. Nothing more.

You are debating someone enjoying video games.at the same level as highly important things that happen in our world.

You need to stop this.
Basically. This isn't even chalked up to "weekend GB thread", this is just petty.

Rainmaker

Banned
When I play fighting games I play with HONOR. I shake my opponents hand and recite my favorite paragraph from The Art of War. After I win I give my opponent a rose for their hard efforts. This isn't about fun. This is about going head-to-head with the modern day warriors of the digital arena. If you don't play EEEEEXACTLY like this you should feel ashamed. You have brought many dark clouds upon my favorite sport. I'm a likable person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom