• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

On this same note, I wonder who from here is posting on the GB subreddit and who is just watching this thread and putting things up over there.

Doesn't happen all the time, but kind of often.

And we have Myggen constantly bringing the goods from the GB boards over here.

I know that this is a nearly two decade old bias, but auto-pause never helped at all. What I like about turn-based is that I can process all of the action as it happens. With Real-time (even with auto-pause), I find that I spend all of my game time just trying to figure out what is happening with the systems so that I can react properly. I'm probably
definitely
just slow, but that's my cross to bear.
:( My cross is I'm lost in too much open world

Tucah

you speak so well
I hope they start from the beginning of the game in the BB QL. I was on a full media blackout before starting playing today and I know nothing about this game except what I've figured out on my own. I don't want to see areas past the first boss.

I'm in a similar situation, I've played a few hours of the game, will probably tune out if they're further than I currently am.

Anjin M

even if they do a 90 minute QL, it's like a +40 hour game. it would be barely scratching the surface. you guys worry too much.

I was watching full playthroughs of Dark Souls before I even bought that game. Conversely, I was on a media blackout for Dark Souls II. Honestly, I can't say that one way was better or worse than the other. The Souls games are much more about the execution for me.

edit:

I hope it's Brad and Rorie and they just talk about the menus for an hour

It's going to be Brad and Dan.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
That what kills me! I would probably love to experience those games, if only I could play them. Anyone know if they offer an easy difficulty option?

There is indeed an easy difficulty option. I have no idea how easy that may or may not be, but it must be easier than normal, hard and so on.

I can relate to wanting to understand every single action that is happening in a fight, but when it comes down to it. 90% of the actions are just people hitting each other with melee attacks. You don't need to micromanage every single one of those (maybe on the hard or expert settings or whatever, but not on normal). If you have a decent party you can just cast some spells and run in there and start whacking away. The pause is there to help when stuff goes wrong (criticals, weapons not working, etc). Or that's how I use it anyhow.

As long as your fighter dudes are fighter-ing and your wizard dudes are wizard-ing, there is no need to micro manage every action most of the time.

rObit

Banned
Damn, I haven't been keeping up with this game because it's not really in my wheelhouse. These graphics are damn good.

Do they start at the beginning or are they deep in the game already? I only played the first hour and don't want to spoil anything new for myself.

If you're interested in playing the game I wouldn't watch this QL. Spoilers abound for weapons, items, enemies, gimmicks and locations.

justjim89

These load times are rough. I played DSII on a laptop and even compared to that these seem infuriating.

Graphics look good, but if this is what most of the environments are like that's a bummer.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
so have health potions always been this prevalent in Souls games? seems like Brad always has a ton of them in his inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom