• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

Still disappointed that he's so quick to summon people. Tries like 2 or 3 times before he just gets people to carry him through a fight. Multiple people in a fight absolutely destroys boss design and you can just backstab fight your way through every fight that way.

edit: Also Gherman, Father G, and Martyr are all incredibly easy to parry and I'd argue that they should be harder to parry (that is fewer attacks that you can parry-- and these attacks they'd have to do very very infrequently).

Still disappointed that he's so quick to summon people. Tries like 2 or 3 times before he just gets people to carry him through a fight. Multiple people in a fight absolutely destroys boss design and you can just backstab fight your way through every fight that way.

He has a 10k run early in the morning and didn't feel like grinding for more blood echos if he died. I don't blame him for just wanting it to end, and he still did the toughest part of the fight on his own.

Zocano

He has a 10k run early in the morning and didn't feel like grinding for more blood echos if he died. I don't blame him for just wanting it to end, and he still did the toughest part of the fight on his own.

I get the feeling of "just getting it over with" but I don't agree with it. I've disagreed with him summoning for every boss that he has summoned for (even Ebietras). I'm one to think you shouldn't summon for a boss unless you've already beaten it before but I'm also the kind to just say "git gud, scrub".

I get the feeling of "just getting it over with" but I don't agree with it. I've disagreed with him summoning for every boss that he has summoned for (even Ebietras). I'm one to think you shouldn't summon for a boss unless you've already beaten it before but I'm also the kind to just say "git gud, scrub".

I'm exactly the same, except I only feel that way for myself. If people enjoy summoning for fights or are at the point where they'll just drop the game otherwise (which I honestly don't think this game is actually that hard enough to do), then they're more than welcome to do what they want. Those options exist for a reason.

Zocano

I'm exactly the same, except I only feel that way for myself. If people enjoy summoning for fights or are at the point where they'll just drop the game otherwise (which I honestly don't think this game is actually that hard enough to do), then they're more than welcome to do what they want. Those options exist for a reason.

Mmmmmm

Yah. I know that's the right way to approach this situation and I would typically agree that you should just enjoy the game however you want (as long as it doesn't hurt other people such as hacking) buuuuuuuuuuuuut

in this specific case I'm an elitist prick and think everyone should git gud.

edit: And even more specifically that final boss fight because I think it's an amazing fight that deserves to be won by the skin of your teeth.

What is there to "agree" with? He's playing the game the way he wants to.

jaina

You can't have a Mario World level editor without Yoshi! Now we need the cape.

The cape was shown in the last Direct. I hope the maximum level size turns out to be decent so the cape isn't useless.

vbmawr00sob.gif

Zocano

What is there to "agree" with? He's playing the game the way he wants to.

I don't approve of the way he chose to play. Seems like he's not being patient with the fights and just trying to get them done (every time I've seen him try these fights) as fast as possible and circumventing the challenge.

Zocano

yes he's circumventing the challenge by beating them as fast as possible

wait what

I'm basing my response off of Skalerbear's response to what I originally said?

Didn't want to spend time farming echoes for vials and stuff cause he had something to do tomorrow morning so instead he just summoned for the boss to get it over with.

And when he fought Ebietras he just chose to summon for her after 3-4 attempts.

Like I said, I'm an elitist prick and don't think people should get an easy out for any of the bosses. Either spend the time to beat them or don't and play a different game.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Except when the game gives you the option to beat the game how you want to beat it? For a game series that is all about goosing the system and beating it however you can with whatever strategy you have at your disposal, fans of these games are damned determined to have a "correct" way of beating these games.

Zocano

Play the way I approve of or don't play at all? And people wonder why souls fans have a reputation.

Like I said, I'm very aware of the elitism in my viewpoint. Won't change my mind about thinking that everyone should be able to survive the meat grinder.

If the devlopers didnt want people to summon on boss fights when they were stuck they wouldnt have allowed it

I'm well aware the systems are there to help. I'll still think that anyone that does has circumvented the challenge of the fight.

Jintor

Like I said, I'm an elitist prick and don't think people should get an easy out for any of the bosses. Either spend the time to beat them or don't and play a different game.

well at least you're self aware, but what skin off your back is it that someone else gets to enjoy a thing they want to play

Zocano

well at least you're self aware, but what skin off your back is it that someone else gets to enjoy a thing they want to play

I dunno. I get disappointed when people don't put in the effort to overcome the challenge. I understand it's a time commitment that some can't afford but it is still disappointing to me nonetheless.

edit: Especially when I find it so personally rewarding to overcome said challenge.

It becomes strange to me when people don't put themselves through that meat grinder.

I'm actually against (or on?) both sides of the argument. Everyone will have their philosophies and playstyles about these games. It's ok to exploit what the developer allows you to do and it's also ok to be disappointed when people do that since challenge is the series focus.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Dan starts liking Anime and all of sudden he can't beat Bloodborne without help. I'm not suggesting that these two events are connected but Anime is definitely to blame.

Anime is for jerks.

Watching Dan and Jason play Soul Calibur reminded me of the hours spent on Soul Calibur 2. Seems like 2 is better than 1 in every way so I'm wondering why Dan and his college buddies didn't move on to that game.

Anyway, how did Jason make Lizardman appear all the time in that Soul Calibur opening?

Zacagawea

His whole "gotta go fast" attitude was bizarre because he supposedly really likes the game, but just not enough to actually play the content? Summoning at a boss or sprinting through an area after dying once is maybe a lame thing to do depending on who you are, but he basically did his best to not get another umbilical cord. I mean, the point of playing the game is to experience the content. It's basically an extra boss fight for no charge and you've already come this far. You know that game you like? Here's some more of it for you!

...I don't know, that really annoyed me for some reason.

jaina

Professional video games (wo)men need to finish games fast. Or else a new release comes around, they stop Bloodborne and never go back to it. (At least that's my assumption for Dan's patience, he even posted to that extent on twitter)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, with the announcement of MPP4 I went back to look at the highlights of MPP2 and goddamn it was sooooo good. Brad's bowser ray play, jump rope, cake factory, thwomp in a car and dan's Apollo realisation are iconic moments in giantbomb history.

Hope MPP4 lives up to it.

- J - D -

God, Dan is every annoying shitty "friend" I played games against in my childhood but would always keep playing against because he kept my skills sharp.

Man, with the announcement of MPP4 I went back to look at the highlights of MPP2 and goddamn it was sooooo good. Brad's bowser ray play, jump rope, cake factory, thwomp in a car and dan's Apollo realisation are iconic moments in giantbomb history.

Hope MPP4 lives up to it.

MPP3 didn't :(

Sakwoff

The best part about the Mario Party videos is how everyone looks progressively more rugged from 1 to 3.

They need to do the next one before Brad gets a haircut.

Zocano

The MPP videos are fun but they've hit the "let's just get this over with" wall really quickly (which is understandable). Especially with how long MPP3 went, their energy was just gone by the end and they were playing just to get it over with, or what it seemed like.

hamchan

This is how I rate the Mario Party Parties:

MPP1 = Spider-Man
MPP2 = Spider-Man 2
MPP3 = Spider-Man 3
MPP4 = The Amazing Spider-Man??

BanGy.nz

Banned
wait we're not talking about the monster hunter story thing? fuck me I thought that's what we were talking about

All that time spent playing that toddler game for children has left your mind numb and dull, you should try and improve it by playing a cool game for cool people such as WWF No Mercy on the Nintendo 64.

We're getting a new Mario Party video soon? Did Dan say something during his Bloodborne stream?

This is how I rate the Mario Party Parties:

MPP1 = Spider-Man
MPP2 = Spider-Man 2
MPP3 = Spider-Man 3
MPP4 = The Amazing Spider-Man??
Where will MMP5 fit into this rating system of yours?

Dan is a noob.
Dan am L337.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
What I don't get is why you would keep watching it if you don't like how dan's behaving. It's clear early on how it's gonna be, so just stop watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom