• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchocky

After reading comments from all the different GB Souls streams it seems you are playing the game wrong if you:

• Use Heavy armor
  • Use Magic
  • Summon to beat bosses
  • Rush through areas
  • Try to beat bosses as quickly as possible

Myggen

It was Giant Bomb Youtube comments that got me to stop caring about the comments section, but it's good to look at for a laugh every once in a while.

I imagine the Youtube commenters as people who are just mad at the world all the time for no reason.

After reading comments from all the different GB Souls streams it seems you are playing the game wrong if you:

• Use Heavy armor
  • Use Magic
  • Summon to beat bosses
  • Rush through areas

Only naked runs allowed.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
The salt on Youtube is pretty funny.

2742145-this+isn%27t+precise+this+isn%27t+the+soul+calber+i+know.gif

jason - "ok you're really good at that"

LioJzFp.gif

Zocano

• Use Heavy armor
  • Use Magic
  • Summon to beat bosses
  • Rush through areas

I'm actually one of those people that don't care at all what kind of build or weapon or whatever you're using to beat a boss. Watching Vinny iron flesh it up was fun and Patrick still had to dodge and overcome bosses even with magic. Vinny vs. Artorias and Patrick vs. Flamelurker is the kind of shit I love.

It's just summoning others specifically urks me.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

• Use Heavy armor
  • Use Magic
  • Summon to beat bosses
  • Rush through areas
  • Use Light Armor
  • Don't use magic
  • Take your time
  • Explore

Well, after reading a bunch of comments I would add this to it.
I love the souls games but those fans are annoying as fuck.

And at Vinny for going with Havel and NOT PLAYING THE GAME CORRECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having fun with a souls game? Well fuck you, you casual gamer!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Wait, what's wrong with Havel?

Uch, please. Go away and play your "Call of Duty" games and don't bother us with your silly questions anymore.

Seriously though, people don't like it when you play with heavy armor. And I've been told to "go play my call of duty" so many god damn times when complaining about stuff in Dark Souls it almost made me hate the game.

danm999

People don't like it when you don't play fast and agile characters.

Uch, please. Go away and play your "Call of Duty" games and don't bother us with your silly questions anymore.

Seriously though, people don't like it when you play with heavy armor. And I've been told to "go play my call of duty" so many god damn times when complaining about stuff in Dark Souls it almost made me hate the game.

Yikes. People say that stuff? Ok, I'm starting to get what Brad said on the Bombcast this week about there being a truly obnoxious portion of the fanbase when it comes to Souls games.

I find the Souls fanbase can be a bit annoying with the "git gud" stuff, I find it the most annoying when they imply every RPG should be Souls-y. Some see the FROM games as the pinnacle of design and that every game should be like them. Instead, every game should be like Dragon's Dogma.

I will be saving this for future, potentially Dan related, use.

You can hear his internal monologue just saying "God damnit Dan"

f0rk

• Use Heavy armor
  • Use Magic
  • Summon to beat bosses
  • Rush through areas
I just got through Anor Londo without doing any of this I am the best

It's pretty funny people getting offended that the staff is trashing their favourite bands (Nickelback, Imagine Dragons, U2, Linkin Park, System of a Down, Creed) that they're willing to bat for in the comments for UPF 04/10/2015. Keep the overreactions coming.

People been getting offended at Giant Bomb staff's opinions since 2008 (and act like it's all new), so keep the tradition alive! XD

GolazoDan

I've always found the Souls hardcore community doing the git gud stuff to be a bit tongue in cheek, no? That may just be my circle of friends who happen to be a part of that community because I've never really run into anyone being particularly hostile.

That said I did summon a dude for the gargoyles in Dark Souls because listen. I've watched pro wrestling. Unless you're John Cena even a seasoned singles competitor can be taken down by an experienced, effective tag team. I was simple balancing things out.

I've always found the Souls hardcore community doing the git gud stuff to be a bit tongue in cheek, no? That may just be my circle of friends who happen to be a part of that community because I've never really run into anyone being particularly hostile.

That said I did summon a dude for the gargoyles in Dark Souls because listen. I've watched pro wrestling. Unless you're John Cena even a seasoned singles competitor can be taken down by an experienced, effective tag team. I was simple balancing things out.

Yeah there is some tongue in cheek usage of it, but there are definitely people being serious. In a lot of threads if someone complains about one of the Souls games they'll get a lot of responses of "I disagree, you just need to get better". I've seen serious usage of it more with Bloodborne than any other of the games but that may be because BB is the most mainstream one yet.

It's pretty funny people getting offended that the staff is trashing their favourite bands (Nickelback, Imagine Dragons, U2, Linkin Park, System of a Down, Creed) that they're willing to bat for in the comments for UPF 04/10/2015. Keep the overreactions coming.

if you're the kind of person who feels the need to argue with people on the internet who don't like Nickelback or Creed, at least you've managed to find something to keep you busy for the rest of your life

also Dan just retweeted this and I'm friggin dying

Yeah there is some tongue in cheek usage of it, but there are definitely people being serious. In a lot of threads if someone complains about one of the Souls games they'll get a lot of responses of "I disagree, you just need to get better". I've seen serious usage of it more with Bloodborne than any other of the games but that may be because BB is the most mainstream one yet.

At least we got this from chubigans!

hey guys I made Bloodborne more next gen

CBIk-cEUkAAOca8.jpg:large

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

It's because of the dumb IGN guy saying it. He was having a temper tantrum when the reviews were coming out and he hates the game.

https://twitter.com/danstapleton/status/580275422828457984

https://twitter.com/DanStapleton/status/580272027585515520

https://twitter.com/DanStapleton/status/581192095894880256

Patryn

I hate the Souls fan base.

They love to say every RPG should be like Souls, but I honestly get the sense that they'd be happier if the ability to equip different armor and weapons, and the ability to use magic were all removed so that everyone would have to play "right".

Basically they strike me as frustrated action game lovers who actually despise nearly all the RPG elements, because they offer choices and they don't like that.

I hate the Souls fan base.

They love to say every RPG should be like Souls, but I honestly get the sense that they'd be happier if the ability to equip different armor and weapons, and the ability to use magic were all removed so that everyone would have to play "right".

Basically they strike me as frustrated action game lovers who actually despise nearly all the RPG elements, because they offer choices and they don't like that.

I look at it the other way, If we keep using the same RPG template everything would look like the picture i posted above, Souls is a fresh breath from the mundane boring template RPGS have fallen in to.

BearPawB

Banned
i love and play every souls game. I summon for every boss I can because i think it is more fun that way. People saying git good and do it yourself are just assholes

demidar

I look at it the other way, If we keep using the same RPG template everything would look like the picture i posted above, Souls is a fresh breath from the mundane boring template RPGS have fallen in to.

Souls (and Bloodbourne) are ARPGs, so they shouldn't be compared to either JRPGs or WRPGs. Its contemporaries are Dragon's Dogma and Kingdom Hearts and the Tales of series somewhat (action JRPG).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom