• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing to think they could just make all of those disableable via options presented when you first start a character, so existing fans can play their way while becoming much more appealing for so many more people.

I could argue Ubisoft do that for Assassins creed and i don't understand the complaints of their UI when you can turn it all off.

jgminto

Amazing to think they could just make all of those disableable via options presented when you first start a character, so existing fans can play their way while becoming much more appealing for so many more people.

Adding waypoints would ruin the flow of the Souls games/Bloodborne. They are all about having limited information leading you and exploring areas to find hints of where you need to go next. That structure would be totally ruined if a big X was constantly on your screen. And I don't think a minimap would be very useful either seeing how twisted paths can get at times.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Brad Muir or traffic barrel?
CCabj2-WEAAJf20.jpg:large

I can completely sympathize with Drew being lost storywise at the end of all these MGS videos, watching this series is my first exposure to Metal Gear and if I wait a day or two between episodes I am just clueless as to what is going on.

popo

What the fuck is it with quick time event final boss fights? I swear, that makes three of the last five games I beat. Latest "Worst New Trend".

Mmmmmm

In this specific case I'm an elitist prick and think everyone should git gud.

You sure are. EmCee, avatar quote this man plz.

AngryMoth

Catching up on the Home stream at the moment, can't believe I missed this live! Think I only tried it once for 30 minutes when it came out, but now it's gone I somehow miss it?

popo

let me guess

dying light ?

That was the latest, yeah. I went in to the final mission thinking "those reviews were a bit harsh". Then they destroyed any good will built up and left on a real sour note. A single mission containing a huge difficulty spike, poor check pointing, dodgy first person platforming topped off with an entirely QTE final boss fight and the lamest of non-endings. Fucking Techland.

Actually everything after you get to the Old Town is kinda filler and all those side fetch quests that you have to do to grind XP. Those average scores nailed it.

That was the latest, yeah. I went in to the final mission thinking "those reviews were a bit harsh". Then they destroyed any good will built up and left on a real sour note. A single mission containing a huge difficulty spike, poor check pointing, dodgy first person platforming topped off with an entirely QTE final boss fight and the lamest of non-endings. Fucking Techland.

Actually everything after you get to the Old Town is kinda filler and all those side fetch quests that you have to do to grind XP. Those average scores nailed it.

How weird i just finished it a few hours ago as well haha

After a certain point i was like "Oh wait is this game still about zombies?"

I really didn't care for cranes storyline

Falifax

Taylor is fighting against the forces of evil who are attempting to bring forth the Anime apocalypse.

Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos Is the worst. I've been stuck here for an hour.

Based on this thread I have to say Taylor is slackin' hard.

Also Ebrietas is the only boss that made me rage quit several times. Tears of joy were shed when I beat her.

popo

How weird i just finished it a few hours ago as well haha

After a certain point i was like "Oh wait is this game still about zombies?"

I really didn't care for cranes storyline

Some coincidence. I must have dropped it in the post box to go back to the rental company about the same time as you beat it :p How many times did you die in that forced free running section with the volatiles chasing you? I bet less than me.

I was intending to platinum the game but after that last mission I looked at my quest log and it was all "find X for X" and I said "fuck that!". Said it out loud too, the dogs gave me a funny look.

Yeah the main story is weak. They could have lost the whole main antagonist and just had the survival aspect, the city as antagonist. I quite like the characters but they either kill them all off cheaply or leave the story hanging.

I recall Brad named DL in "there are already a number of GOTY contenders this year", paraphrasing. I will be interested to see how far he got and if he beats it before the end of the year. I know he has said that he gets vertigo in games and what with that broadcast tower mission and the last mission - he is going to have a fun time.

EDIT : huh, if that psn profile link someone posted is correct it looks like he beat the game. Good for him. He should have written a late review, I would have liked to have read that.

Rainmaker

Banned
Ebrietas was the hardest boss I fought in the whole game. Definitely my favorite boss design right behind Mergo's Wet Nurse. They look so awesome.

popo

yo, which game should I rent next? This is my queue - well the games that are ready to ship without delay. Any ideas? I don't want any open world games as I am burned out on them atm.

thx

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
Destiny
Battlefield 4
Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes
Assassins Creed Unity
Killzone Shadow Fall
The Crew
Little Big Planet 3
The Evil Within
Saints Row IV Re elected
Evolve
The Order 1886
Madden NFL 15
Borderlands The Handsome Collection

yo, which game should I rent next? This is my queue - well the games that are ready to ship without delay. Any ideas? I don't want any open world games as I am burned out on them atm.

thx

homefront

Out of that list, probably Call of Duty or Ground Zeroes.

So Hillary Clinton is officially NOT the new hire.

Lets scratch that one off the list.

thx

I'd go with Borderlands, Ground Zeroes or Destiny.

Borderlands if you want a huge time sink. Ground Zeros if you have 2 hours free a month and Destiny if you just want to play something thats perfectly playable but the entire structure is really weird and busted and makes you wonder how such a product even made it out the door.

Actually. Get Destiny. Its a bad game but it will make you appreciate good games more.

Then get Borderlands and realise what Destiny could have been

Myggen

The UPF comment section proves that some people are just looking to get offended over nothing. Nickelback is the hill you choose to die on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom