• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. Is GFWL ever going to shut down?

I just remembered I have this PC copy of Splinter Cell Conviction and maybe I should give that a go before that entire service dies?

We probably talked it to death already but man how shit was that Shadows of Mordor last boss ey

fucking bulllllshit

Shadow of Mordor is like half a game. They designed framework, systems and mechanics, but then forget to do anything else before hurriedly slapping something together in time for it to ship, most obviously the final boss.

But it's easy to look past its flaws when Shadow of Mordor is an actual, genuine Big Budget New IP. Something, something, goat.

danm999

Shadow of Mordor is like half a game. They designed framework, systems and mechanics, but then forget to do anything else before hurriedly slapping something together in time for it to ship, most obviously the final boss.

But it's easy to look past its flaws when Shadow of Mordor is an actual, genuine Big Budget New IP. Something, something, goat.

Most of all, it works. That was a bar in 2014 most AAA high profile games did not clear.

popo

thx ppl

I think I am going to go with COD. If nothing else the campaigns are usually dumb fun.

I want ot play Ground Zeros at some point but I don't really want to wait for a game and then mail it back the same day.

Jintor

Thanks to this dumb music talk I now have sound echoes of Breaking Benjamin echoing through my brain. (Maybe I still kinda like them, I dunno)

I might be the kind of person Jeff was talking about when he was like "People who like music but who are like "lol i dunno""

I mean, I definitely have stuff I like and don't like, but I couldn't possibly tell you why I like or don't like them...

Realized I never watched Load Our Last Souls in its entirety. Rewatching now and I will always laugh at Vinny getting kicked off the cliff.

I'm listening to the Bombcast with the Homefront discussion (08-07-12) while I clean and man, this is a classic episode. On top of that bit you have Jeff spilling energy drinks all over the studio and doing Brad impressions, Vinny being bad at reviewing games, discussions of Total Recall, and Jeff's fucked up bathroom / security deposit fraud story.

I am now realizing that the extent of my Load Our Last Souls viewing is actually only episode 1. I have a lot of unseen Vinny content to watch as a result.

Get ready for more Ian and Rorie bickering than you ever thought you could handle!

I'm already seeing it in episode 2.

"It takes a special kind of arrow you probably don't have"
"Ehh he might have a couple"

I ship RoriexIan

Edit: They're arguing about equipment load. I like Vinny's reaction of just trying to interrupt them.

Bacon

I'm already seeing it in episode 2.

"It takes a special kind of arrow you probably don't have"
"Ehh he might have a couple"

I ship RoriexIan

Edit: They're arguing about equipment load. I like Vinny's reaction of just trying to interrupt them.

Yeah Vinny is able to diffuse a lot of it due to him being Vinny.

Cyros

Thanks to this dumb music talk I now have sound echoes of Breaking Benjamin echoing through my brain. (Maybe I still kinda like them, I dunno)

I might be the kind of person Jeff was talking about when he was like "People who like music but who are like "lol i dunno""

I mean, I definitely have stuff I like and don't like, but I couldn't possibly tell you why I like or don't like them...

I support Breaking Benjamin. I blame Halo 2.

I can't say I even rank the albums after Reign in Blood. Slayer have been bad for longer than Metallica
who were arguably never good in the first place but hey

I have a weird soft spot for Divine Intervention and Seasons is okay, but yeah I kind of agree.

Hell Awaits just turned 30. now that's an album.

I haven't seen much of Dark Souls on console. The frame rate in this Nito fight is rough.

Update: Vinny is on tilt. He's walked off cliffs and died 4 times in the last few minutes.

i always laugh whenever I think of the phrase "That's real fucking nito"

8383bhV.gif

Megasoum

Banned
WHOOAAA... I just stumbled upon a historic moment by complete accident.

So I was looking for a random video to watch and ended up going with the 5/31/13 UPF where they end the show by playing the flash version of Leathal League for the very first time.

Then at some point...

Vinny: "That reminds of me of that Neo Geo game... Wind something something"
Jeff: "Windjammer! Yeah Windjammer"

gasp

Jothel

I have a weird soft spot for Divine Intervention and Seasons is okay, but yeah I kind of agree.

Hell Awaits just turned 30. now that's an album.

I can understand with Divine Intervention, I kinda like that album mostly because I watched the live video they put out around the same time a shit load when I was young.

M3z_

I can't believe anyone thinks highly enough of SOAD to think that they have earned some degree of societal respect...

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
System of a down and deftones to me are the only good things to come out of the nu-metal movement.

Deftones are great and Chino's band ††† (Crosses) is best.

Also, Persona 4 Endurance Run was definitely the best way for me to experience the game. I'm almost into the 40s for episodes. Really funny stuff so far. It makes me want more Vinny content! Good thing I still need to go through the videos for the souls games.

Is the Chrono Trigger ER worth a watch? I loved playing through that game back in the day but I don't think I have the patience or time for a jrpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom