• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Metal is pretty anime.

VXgY29R.jpg

My premium expired last week (I intend to re-up in a few weeks), but luckily, I squirreled away a bunch of older PowerBombcast episodes before it expired (post-Wrestlemania 30 to WK9) to listen to, to pass the time until re-upping. It's pretty funny hearing some the crew's thoughts at the time, knowing now where the storylines are headed.

Per Dan's homework assignment in Powerbombcast Episode 10, I'm about to watch (the infamous) WWECW December to Dismember 2006. D:

Dan would probably like Cromartie High. It has Freddie Mercury in it and he's a regular cast character!
I think Dan would actually like BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad.
Synopsis for Dan if you see this:
Yukio Tanaka, known as "Koyuki" by his friends, is a regular 14-year-old Japanese boy starting eighth grade in junior high school. His boring life is changed when he saves an odd-looking dog, named Beck, from some kids. Beck's owner turns out to be an emerging rock musician, 16-year-old Ryusuke Minami, who soon influences Koyuki to start playing the guitar. The story focuses on the trials and tribulations of their rock band named Beck, and Koyuki's relationships with its members

BanGy.nz

Banned
You Anime Jerks™ need to stop trying corrupt Dan any further. His love for Gitaroo Man was proof that you've already done enough damage.

Some anime, in small doses, is cool, and rises above the trashheap.

All of Taylor Swift is trash, everything. From her appropriation of Bullet Club gestures, to the corporate overproduced music, to the rabid fanbase that should be locked up and sent to camps to be re-educated - if Taylor Swift never existed we would have been out of this recession by now, but instead her brain-clogging, artery killing slop referred to as a "discography" is tearing America down, piece by piece.

danm999

Look at the damage Anime has done between us, we're so close to ANZAC day and instead of coming together and remembering how much of dick Churchill was we're fighting.

Fuck ANZAC day, it's falling on a Saturday this year.

Nothing is more important than my long weekend!

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

All of Taylor Swift is trash, everything. From her appropriation of Bullet Club gestures, to the corporate overproduced music, to the rabid fanbase that should be locked up and sent to camps to be re-educated - if Taylor Swift never existed we would have been out of this recession by now, but instead her brain-clogging, artery killing slop referred to as a "discography" is tearing America down, piece by piece.

#teamswift
We shall prevail!

BanGy.nz

Banned

All of Taylor Swift is trash, everything. From her appropriation of Bullet Club gestures, to the corporate overproduced music
Anime has corrupted you, not even NJPW references can hide the Anime corruption from me.
Fuck ANZAC day, it's falling on a Saturday this year.

Nothing is more important than my long weekend!
So not going to dawn service I take it?
#teamswift
We shall prevail!
#TeamSwift
Everything you like is bad
I like Giant bomb dot com.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What's wrong with oats and coconut?

I think that you would find yourself in the minority for disliking them dear Sir.

dogpowerd

Banned
I remember watching quite a few DBZ/DBGT videos cut with music like Offspring back in the day.

I had a lot of free time....

Oh man, I remember them! watching Blink 182/ Offspring/ DBZ music videos I downloaded from a geocitys website on a 56k modem. The late 90's were great.

Anime has corrupted you, not even NJPW references can hide the Anime corruption from me.

Uh, excuse me. New Japan Pro Wrestling is not fake, unlike anime and Taylor Swift. New Japan Pro Wrestling is fucking real.

VUKHEg3.gif

Nothing corrupt about raw masculine emotion. Only reality, in its purest form.

dogpowerd

Banned
I'll let the cookies speak for themselves.

320px-ANZAC_biscuits.JPG

If you're wondering what it's made out of, it's clumps of oat, flours, an dried coconut bits.

carey-vomit.gif

Don't believe the hype people. These things suck. Anzac biscuits were invented during the depression because people couldn't afford the ingredients to make real food so they just threw whatever scraps they had laying around into a pan and stuck it in the oven.

There is no reason anyone should eat this bland crap in this day and age

danm999

I had to google what ANZAC was and found some nasty ass cookies.

They taste way better than they look.

Don't believe the hype people. These things suck. Anzac biscuits were invented during the depression because people couldn't afford the ingredients to make real food so they just threw whatever scraps they had laying around into a pan and stuck it in the oven.

Eh? They've been around since at least WW1.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Anzac biscuits were invented during the depression because people couldn't afford the ingredients to make real food so they just threw whatever scraps they had laying around into a pan and stuck it in the oven.
The name should give you a tip about where and when they were invented...
Uh, excuse me. New Japan Pro Wrestling is not fake, unlike anime and Taylor Swift. New Japan Pro Wrestling is fucking real.
Your love of New Japan Pro Wrestling stems from Anime corrupting your mind. It's no surprise that dislike Taylor because she is your salvation... She can free you from the grips of NJPW and return you to sports entertainment.

jgminto

The simple stuff is usually the best, it's not "scraps" it's regular household ingredients, they were invented during wartime not depression and they're easily better than the hundreds of crappy Oreo flavours out there today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom