• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egg0

Banned
Man that was an almost 2 hour quick look. I don't know why but I was waiting for it to be over so I could actually start playing Bloodborne.

Patryn

Man that was an almost 2 hour quick look. I don't know why but I was waiting for it to be over so I could actually start playing Bloodborne.

New major games tend to get extra-long QLs.

It's hilarious that they were named with the idea that they'd be sub-20 minutes or so, and yet when a QL that's only 15 minutes shows up like Fruit Ninja 2 I'm all taken aback at how short it is.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm watching this but I still don't get what it is. Also, they have two community managers already.
Is Fortnite the new Firefall?

edit:
At first it looked like a tower defense game, then they started mining, then shooting and now there's a hex grid and they say it's procedurally generated. What the hell.

Does anybody have that link to watch the most recent livestream? Missed most of the Bloodborne stream (only saw the last 10 minuttes with Brad's abonimation of nature) and I need something great to watch with my dinner.

kershner

Banned
iRFB7LleozJvy.gif

Nobody answered yet - what is this from?

Fortnite does not look particularly engaging. Like, maybe it would been more interesting a few years ago, but now it's just doing stuff other games have done.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like a mixture of Orcs Must Die and that weird open world building game Vinny played a couple of times.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think the game is as popular or anticipated as they think it is or want you to think it is. It's more of a curiosity at this point, since it's apparently the only thing Epic has been working on since Gears of War 3, before UT4 came around.

They announced this game in 2011.

I don't think the game is as popular or anticipated as they think it is or want you to think it is. It's more of a curiosity at this point, since it's apparently the only thing Epic has been working on since Gears of War 3, before UT4 came around.

I feel like UT4 has taken some of the thunder from whatever Fortnite was supposed to be. It's much easier to get people in a studio behind working on something that has a solid foundation to build from than a new project that appears to be all over the place.

When they first announced Fortnite, I totally thought "So they're taking the best concepts of Minecraft, but doing it right? Minecraft is toast!" Hella wrong.

Bacon

I feel like Fortnight has been hyped for like, 5 years now. i remember being genuinely excited for it when it was first announced, but now I basically want nothing to do with it (unless it turns out to be really good)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Tencent is only a minority shareholder as far as I know. But yeah, they obviously didn't want to make more AAA titles or they would have done just that.
That 38 studios adventure didn't go too well, either.

mintyice

Just realized I don't really give a shit about GB video content anymore.

Spookin with Scoops was my favorite but that's dead. Unprofessional Fridays was a close second but honestly it sucks now.

I rarely watch any QLs from the Vinny/Alex factory.

I only really like the podcast kind of.

Is GB dead to me?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I actually really like the Vinny and Alex QLs now, maybe give them another shot? They are usually better prepared before going into it and a little more positive in tone.

I actually really like the Vinny and Alex QLs now, maybe give them another shot? They are usually better prepared before going into it and a little more positive in tone.

Yeah I sort of turned a corner with GBeast where now I really like the Alex-Vinny dynamic. They're just fun guys! And you're right about them seeming a bit more prepared going into QLs.

I hope you were using some oven mitts when delivered that hot dish of burn.

That's my secret. I'm always wearing oven mitts.

mintyice

Alex? Positive in tone? He's like teen angst and Hot Topic brought to life.

I tend to watch the QLs for games that I'm interested in or if they seem fun.
mintyice, if you don't like something then yes, you probably don't like it.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

2pm EST? Fuck. No archive?

It's sad that vindog has to do all his content with Alex. He HAS gotten better recently, but he just needs to stop thinking every sentence to come out of his mouth needs to be some witty quip or one liner. He also just has this whiney, flat affect to his voice that just goes right through me.

Renpatsu

More like deadpan and self-deprecating to Vinny's uninhibited absurdity.

But yeah the GBeast quick looks have been some of the best produced as of late. Vinny and Alex make for a compelling combo.

mintyice

It's sad that vindog has to do all his content with Alex. He HAS gotten better recently, but he just needs to stop thinking every sentence to come out of his mouth needs to be some witty quip or one liner. He also just has this whiney, flat affect to his voice that just goes right through me.

It's like he gets off on constantly letting people know how shitty he is. His constant negativity is just so grating.

More like deadpan and self-deprecating to Vinny's uninhibited absurdity.

But yeah the GBeast quick looks have been some of the best produced as of late. Vinny and Alex make for a compelling combo.

His self-deprecating shtick has really worn thin. Louis CK does it well because he's funny at the same time. Alex does it but he actually just sucks.

Does Dan ever get better in the MGS videos? I finally decided to start watching them after finishing the first one a couple days ago, and I'm happy that my alcoholic manchild roommate who's also obsessed with this series wasn't constantly staring at me waiting for a reaction to a subtle line from Naomi about Grey Fox, or pretending something is way more tense than it actually is.

I do like the lack of self- awareness "That's so cool! What a cool guy/shot!!" to something really cringey or cheesy, though. And Drew's reactions are pretty much spot on with mine, so I'll keep watching regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom