• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was different about the MGS4 trailer and the game at release? I don't remember that much of a difference.

I haven't watched Metal Gear Stupid Theater yet.

Kojima was working at the time with what he anticipated would the the PS3's specs so the game ended up getting a bit of a downgrade from initial showing to its final release. Still, when it came out it was easily one of the best looking games ever on the PS3 and I'd argue that the character models still hold up really, really well. It wasn't a Dark Souls 2 level of downgrade but it definitely went down a notch when it finally released.

the environmental textures not so much.

Myggen

Didn't see this picture being posted here (from Dan's Tumblr):

tumblr_inline_nmqkqllHyS1qayj79_500.jpg

danm999

Him saying "Am I Apollo?" was the most heartbroken i've ever heard him sound.

We now know Dan is Apollo, and Drew is Rocky.

And now we are entering the fourth installment of Mario Party Party, who will be Ivan Drago?

Bread; desperate for revenge for the great burrito incident of '14, or Greg, his long time jump rope adversary?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Apparently in the new Guitar Hero band members make incredibly goofy faces when you suck, as seen on the FalloutBoy video around 2:05
That's innovative.

I would love it if that's actually what happenes.

Looks like Tharp was right Bloodborne has sold over 1 million and is tracking a head of DS2 in the current time frame. Its the most mainstream souls game yet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Too bad the podcast must have been recorded, because I'd be curious to know what Jeff thinks of Guitar Hero Live.

(Get John Drake on the podcast too)

Wunder

Too bad the podcast must have been recorded, because I'd be curious to know what Jeff thinks of Guitar Hero Live.

(Get John Drake on the podcast too)

Hey, so we'll have more to say about Guitar Hero Live on this week's podcast (which will be up later today), but here's the new game's new guitar peripheral.

Sounds like they'll be talking about it! Probably no Drake though

edit: WHY DO I BOTHER

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, I guess they'll talk about it on the podcast? lol
Hopefully they Skyped Alex in, if he's the only one who has played it hands on.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So, is that the actual band? Or just random people?
Cause one seems incredibly expensive, the other kinda dumb.

Wait, are they singing "My songs know what you did in the dark"? I'm not mishearing that, right? What the hell? Who is this? Is Falloutboy some parody band?

No! Not at all! FMV games are fun for a twenty minute Giant Bomb video and all, but I think we've lost perspective and failed to remember that FMV games are awful.

I think some people have interpreted the liking-FMV-games-ironically phenomenon wrong, and think those games are/were ever actually good.

I think the new Guitar Hero looks really cool. I like how the Fall Out Boy video had them start behind a curtain and the other stage show elements. The band mugging you when you screw up is a neat idea.

But I have to say after playing hundreds of hours of Rocksmith, I kind of need some sort of "real" instrument component. I don't see keyboards coming back. Even the drums in these games, while they don't teach you how hard to hit the drums, you still learn rhythm / techniques that can be applied to a real drum set.

Even though playing bass isn't easy, bass in Rocksmith has all of the arcade fun of a GH / RB game because it's easy enough to sight read bass tabs.

Oh fuck it, I'll probably still buy both of these new music games if the song lists are good.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, is that the actual band? Or just random people?
Cause one seems incredibly expensive, the other kinda dumb.

Wait, are they singing "My songs know what you did in the dark"? I'm not mishearing that, right? What the hell? Who is this? Is Falloutboy some parody band?
It's going to be a cover band of course. Singing the master tracks. lol

Isotope

Watching that video after reading Jimmy's post from earlier is spooky in hindsight now.

I used a knife too; worked wonders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom