• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

klonere

Banned
I had no room for tools after I filled my house with amiibos.

8IJuF78.jpg

Where is the guide thread for transferring to a N3DS?

My 3DSXL is showing its wear, and I think now is a good time to switch over. I'm already using a microSD card in my 3DSXL.

Seventy70

Hopefully they are actually invested in this Mario Party. The last one was kind of painful to watch. It was just them sitting there blank faced, not giving a shit.

Wunder

Weird off-topic question but does anyone here have any experience with filming short videos? I'm not talking short films but like event coverage doing interviews and maybe a tour around a convention or something. I'm looking for a camera/microphone setup but I'm unsure if I've made the right choice, would love to run it by someone.

popo

Is stanley-knife a Britishism? Or are there places in america that call them that.

Everyone just says "box cutters".

And i've never seen value in "all in one" tools. I'd rather have quality versions of the tools individually

I think so. Just another example of a popular brand that became a generic name.

My 3DSXL is showing its wear, and I think now is a good time to switch over. I'm already using a microSD card in my 3DSXL.

Real talk, you'll have a much easier time transferring everything because of the bolded. All you need to do is do the "copy to PC" method at the transfer menu, let the transfer complete, grab a screwdriver to open up the N3DS, and swap out the micro SD cards.

Megasoum

Banned
Aren't there reports of the PC version installing like 200gbs? Crazy stuff.

Nah, it's 60gb. The Steam version requires 120gb free on the HDD to install (it downloads encrypted files and then unpacks them before deleting the encrypted ones) and then you only need 60.

kershner

Banned
Nah, it's 60gb. The Steam version requires 120gb free on the HDD to install (it downloads encrypted files and then unpacks them before deleting the encrypted ones) and then you only need 60.

It only installs 120GB in a particular setup related to preloading. I forget exactly what it is, but it's very specific so you probably won't encounter it.

Mine was just 60GB. No fuss no muss.

It's a super simple process, especially since you have a microSD card already.

You really just have to follow the on-screen prompts. Just follow the instructions and it'll tell you when to move your microSD card over to the N3DS.

All you need is a tiny screwdriver to get to the N3DS microSD card slot and a WiFI connection. Your N3DS will probably need to update before the transfer process.

Real talk, you'll have a much easier time transferring everything because of the bolded. All you need to do is do the "copy to PC" method at the transfer menu, let the transfer complete, grab a screwdriver to open up the N3DS, and swap out the micro SD cards.

Yeah, it's why I got the microSD in the first place. I hadn't done any downloading games until MonHun, but since I had heard about how it is on the N3DS I thought I would futureproof myself. I'd still like to see the step by step guide before I buy a N3DS.

Megasoum

Banned
It only installs 120GB in a particular setup related to preloading. I forget exactly what it is, but it's very specific so you probably won't encounter it.

Mine was just 60GB. No fuss no muss.

Yeah ok.

I was using a Brazilian key with the shitty Rockstar Launcher. The thing is a piece a crap but it ended up working fine in the end.

Yeah, it's why I got the microSD in the first place. I hadn't done any downloading games until MonHun, but since I had heard about how it is on the N3DS I thought I would futureproof myself. I'd still like to see the step by step guide before I buy a N3DS.

There's a semi active new 3DS thread on gaming that links to a good google doc. Search for it.

Still waiting for the regular New 3DS to hit the US.

*picture of skeleton*

Or at least exclusives that aren't ports of old games so I can justify buying the giant one.

*same picture of skeleton*

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Still waiting for the regular New 3DS to hit the US.

*picture of skeleton*

Or at least exclusives that aren't ports of old games so I can justify buying the giant one.

*same picture of skeleton*

What if I told you that you, and you might want to sit down for this, can tripple the speed of the enemy movement in Project Steam ONLY on the New 3DS?

tumblr_mbnf73VnvA1rxfwbj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom