• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading Ryan's Mario Party 4 review...

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/mario-party-4-review/1900-2895138/

As the first entry in the series to appear on the GameCube, Mario Party 4 may represent a big graphical leap for the series, but the gameplay remains much the same. It's definitely a winning formula, but players who have already exhausted themselves on previous Mario Party titles may not find enough here to draw them back again.

It's a warning!

repeater

I'm contemplating cancelling my subscription due to everyone pretending like Mortal Kombat 3 wasn't utter crap. :(

Save me, Brad

Shy Guy's Jungle Jam is the best by far. C'mon people!

I can see why Goomba's Greedy Gala is winning though....

MMmGF4J.gif

My first custom built PC had a Seagate hard drive. It wouldn't work if you cold boot the PC (ie turn on the PC when it's been completely off for a while.) I had to resort to upgrading its firmware which required some voodoo magic to happen on the BIOS or someshit. The update crashed at like 90% which freaked me out until I restarted the PC and for some reason it worked with no problems ever since.

Moral of the story: Don't buy fucking Seagate.

Sorry dude, but no.

If you are talking about upgrading firmware on HDDs....that doesn't happen. You can if it's an SSD, but Seagate only makes SSD for enterprise level. You could hex edit info on the hard drive.... but I highly doubt you did.

Seagate drives are decent. Not fantastic but not to the point where they start failing out of nowhere as people claim. Sure you can get a dud once in a while, but its rare. Our company purchased 1500 drives last year from Seagate. Not one failure. Just don't go waving around hard drives like Brad in that video and you'll be fine. I swap countless amounts of hard drives in and out all day for work and still have 80 gig IDE drives from 2000 that run fine. I've had two drives crap out on me in the 15 years. One was a seagate that was dropped on cement from slipping out of my hands, and one was a Samsung SSD, that was a random failure. Just use common sense with tech and you'll be fine.

Everything I've heard about MKX just makes me want to wait until the eventual GOTY or whatever K word edition they come out with later. I know I'll want the DLC characters, but I'm not dying to play it anytime soon.

Edit: :lol Jeff coming around on Bloodborne!

popo

Remember Dan claiming he had never had a bad day?

Talking about his missing tooth

I also didn’t have health insurance at the time, so I had to go to a dental school to get it extracted by a student. They accidentally hit me in the head with the x-ray machine and then accidentally broke the molar in two, leaving the root in my gums. They had to cut into my gums and fish out the remaining shards of tooth. This was during the period where I refused to take pain medication, nitrous, etc. It was a real fun time.

http://ryckert.tumblr.com/

He also probably felt good about giving that medical student valuable training.

Also have they gone back and changed their MKX pre-review to reflect the Day 1 patches yet?

LiK

i bought that specific Seagate mainly cuz both Eurogamer and Brad seem to have no issues with it so far on the PS4. I used Seagates years ago and yes, they all failed on me eventually. but I need the space for PS4 and I want the cheapest one that fits.

the good news is with Cloud/USB backup saves on PS4, i'm not too worried about it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Honestly the way game sizes are would force me to go physical mostly even though I prefer going digital. Mostly because downloading one game would already take up 1/4 of my monthly quota.

Jothel

Honestly the way game sizes are would force me to go physical mostly even though I prefer going digital. Mostly because downloading one game would already take up 1/4 of my monthly quota.
Boy I can't wait for when unlimited data is the norm and having to be careful about that bollocks goes away

He also probably felt good about giving that medical student valuable training.

Also have they gone back and changed their MKX pre-review to reflect the Day 1 patches yet?

Day 1 patch happened last week so jeff probably played most of his mkx time on the day 1 patch.

They were just leaving the score until they tried out the online mode more

popo

Upgrading console hard drives? Worrying about physical disc storage? I am so glad I decided to go 90% rental only on consoles this gen. I am spending next to nothing and I am actually beating every game - rather than playing half and then being distracted by the latest shiny shiny amazon delivery. I am going to be so sad if this shady rental company I use goes bust.

LiK

Upgrading console hard drives? Worrying about physical disc storage? I am so glad I decided to go 90% rental only on consoles this gen. I am spending next to nothing and I am actually beating every game - rather than playing half and then being distracted by the latest shiny shiny amazon delivery. I am going to be so sad if this shady rental company I use goes bust.

PS+ games

popo

WTF, I had to go 5 pages deep to find the latest bombcast thread. I guess Bread posted it too late this week and everyone had gone to bed.

What was the best Tony Hawk of the PS360 generation?

I haven't actually touched any of them despite having played from 1 to THUG2.

Much like sonic, the early Tony Hawk games are the best. TH1 was great at the time but TH2 and TH3 are considered the best in the series, with TH2 often taking the crown for many folks.

Everything after that was either ok (TH4) or just not really good (anything after TH4 really).

LiK

nah, I don't want games that old and buy indie games on steam. Hoping PS Now eventually sorts itself out though as I never had a PS3 and missed a few gems

so you'd rather buy games on Steam instead of playing them for free on PS4? huh

Renpatsu

Project 8...its not really that good but it was the best Tony Hawk game of that gen!
Okay, technically I lied. I actually tried Project 8 very very briefly once upon a time and walked away from it feeling like the physics were sluggish compared to what I was used to.
Much like sonic, the early Tony Hawk games are the best. TH1 was great at the time but TH2 and TH3 are considered the best in the series, with TH2 often taking the crown for many folks.
Yeah, that would be my personal favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom