• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
James Blake is wonderful. James Blunt makes me wish I was listening to James Blake.

Is this what the pre-madness is like before MPP?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I was thinking the same thing, but now that it's been written, I stand by my assessment.

That's the kind of dedication to one's principles that I can get behind.

I'm pretty sure I took like a year longer than I should have to listen to James Blake just because his name reminded me of James Blount.

Myggen

That's the kind of dedication to one's principles that I can get behind.

I'm pretty sure I took like a year longer than I should have to listen to James Blake just because his name reminded me of James Blount.

James Blount is my favourite stoner rock musician.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
This is the first time I'm jealous of Dan's innocence

Dan's tumblEr said:
So who WAS your waifu in Mass Effect, and what color ending did you pick, and do you remember ANYTHING ELSE about those games?

I don’t know what a waifu is, but I assume’s a dumb fake internet word. I don’t remember what color ending I picked, but it involved Seth Green and his robot lady crashing on a grassy planet and living happily ever after or something. I remember the bug guy going up a tower, Wrex being angry, a pissed-off prisoner lady with dumb hair, and the cool sniper grasshopper guy.

Myggen

From the GB forum:

Following up on the discussion about back-of-box review quotes, I'm pretty sure GB has had a "review" misquoted, sort of. There was some game trailer that came out a month or two after E3, and it listed off a bunch of awards the game had won, and it listed something like "Giant Bomb E3 Game of Show" or "Giant Bomb's Award for Best E3 Debut". Despite that award not formally existing. I believe it was a game you guys had talked about quite positively on the E3 Bombcasts, so it was just about the de facto "winner" if that were the sort of awards you guys did, but it seemed like a PR person overstepping their bounds.

@alex, do you remember this? I think you posted the trailer in question on the site and made a comment about the inaccuracy of the supposed award, and maybe said something about contacting the PR people at the game's publisher to have the trailer get corrected and remove reference to Giant Bomb. This was sometime in in the past couple years I think? I want to say it was on a giant page of awards near the end of a trailer with a camera shoot overlooking a city. Maybe Dishonored or something?

Anyone remember which game it was? It's driving me crazy that I can't remember it.

u0e1s1U.jpg

"Somehow I feel life is prepping us for the next phase of this energy field, so death must be, and remain, a surprise."

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Is GBEast not allowed to do too many quick looks of non-indie/phone games or what
If I remember correctly they were having capture issues with consoles. Or maybe they only want to QL smaller games till the new hire.

From the GB forum:

Anyone remember which game it was? It's driving me crazy that I can't remember it.

I feel like this was Watch_Dogs. Jeff said on Twitter or a blog or something that it was his favorite game of E3 and that somehow translated into "Best of Show".

Yeah that was a bummer, it's really well done and works great even for a video making scrub like myself.
They looked at the editing tools for a minute, the director mode is where you can play as a few dozen different npcs and player characters and change the time of day, create low gravity, exploding bullets, etc.

They looked at the editing tools for a minute, the director mode is where you can play as a few dozen different npcs and player characters and change the time of day, create low gravity, exploding bullets, etc.

Oh I thought it was the same as the Rockstar editor but you could control other characters and set up scenes and stuff, it would have been cool to see them mess with it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
secret best ME2 waifu is Yeoman Chambers even though the big payoff is that she dryhumps your leg for a little while

but she feeds your fish so that makes her a real sweetheart

She's the one who got turned to goo in 98% of games because nobody knows when AAA games are serious or when they're fucking around with things like "HURRY NOW", right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom