• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lijik

Yakuza 0 is keeping the /pizza dream alive
tumblr_nlngeqMSHV1sq90lyo1_540.jpg

GEORGE FOREMAN LETS GO

IIRC
Brad said he had an easy time of him because he noticed the poison resist Church gear, whereas Dan didn't notice it and had a difficult time.

That's what I remembered, but I thought I had the people backwards so I didn't say specifically.

I want to watch MPP but I have a test at that time ;_;

I have 7 hours of class during the MPP. Its gonna make for a great weekend video tho. I'll have to stay away from this thread until I watch it then for spoilers.

Should this MPP be longer then the last one?

Do these games just keep stacking bullshit on top of bullshit with each new game or do they eventually plateau with that stuff?

Last stream was looooong. I dont know if they would go much longer.

Do these games just keep stacking bullshit on top of bullshit with each new game or do they eventually plateau with that stuff?

Man, you don't even know...

You know those n64 Mario Party games? They are generally considered the peak of the series.

Let that sink in for a moment.

It was 5 hours long.

News reporters got on the scene first, before the police and paramedics. What was found on the scene was nothing less than a massacre- A man only identified as 'Brett' exclaiming loudly about how Mario was trying to sell him on web services; a man in a fetal position whimpering about a blackhole that had taken them all; another was shouting 'FUCK IT, FUCK EVERYTHING, FUCK YOU' loudly while kicking computers and game consoles, and the last one was sitting on the couch gripping the controller, staring into nothing as he said 'waaaaaaaaa'.

Did any of the guys have trouble with the Blood-starved Beast? He was so easy I only needed one attempt.

I didn't find him particularly difficult, though it did take a few tries. I'm not too great in these games so killing bosses in one go is pretty rare for me (I think I've only done it with Shadow of Yharnam in Bloodborne).

Jintor

It was 5 hours long.

News reporters got on the scene first, before the police and paramedics. What was found on the scene was nothing less than a massacre- A man only identified as 'Brett' exclaiming loudly about how Mario was trying to sell him on web services; a man in a fetal position whimpering about a blackhole that had taken them all; another was shouting 'FUCK IT, FUCK EVERYTHING, FUCK YOU' loudly while kicking computers and game consoles, and the last one was sitting on the couch gripping the controller, staring into nothing as he said 'waaaaaaaaa'.

Back to you in the studio, John.

Shadows of Y took up nearly two hours of my 27 hour playthrough of the game. Not sure if others got a glitched version or I became terrible there but they were a total pain. The second form of the katana wielder's long reach attack clipped through walls and the third form attacks were screen filling. Probably just took the wrong approach. Also didn't help that I'd been up a while after being nervous about having been laid off, lol.

danm999

Man, you don't even know...

You know those n64 Mario Party games? They are generally considered the peak of the series.

Let that sink in for a moment.

I gotta assume the later entries will be better received because the controls aren't as janky (
oh god they aren't, are they?
).

Shadows of Y took up nearly two hours of my 27 hour playthrough of the game. Not sure if others got a glitched version or I became terrible there but they were a total pain. The second form of the katana wielder's long reach attack clipped through walls and the third form attacks were screen filling. Probably just took the wrong approach. Also didn't help that I'd been up a while after being nervous about having been laid off, lol.

Yeah I actually don't know if I got the glitched versions of some of the bosses, as I definitely used suspend/resume rather than booting the game up every time during the first week. But generally I think different people just find different bosses difficult. I'm sure there aren't many people who spent as much time on Rom as I did, it just didn't fit my playstyle at all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was always just amazed the Mario Party games existed after the N64.

So it was you fuckers and Dan Ryckert buying them. You're to me what I am to Jeff in regards to Dynasty Warriors.

danm999

So it was you fuckers and Dan Ryckert buying them. You're to me what I am to Jeff in regards to Dynasty Warriors.

The more I've seen of Mario Party the more I feel it might be the ultimate counter argument Nintendo is protective of the quality of their IP.

I've only bought 2 during the N64 era I'm not part of the problem!

Though I did buy 4,5,6,7,8, and 9.

My teenage life is flashing before my eyes.
Yup. That's all I can remember when I think of those damn mic games.

I'm sorry for contributing to this cultural menace, we had a bit of "lets play all of them even though they cause us so much pain" thing going on much like the GB crew. After # 8 and all the Wii motion nonsense, I checked out. Did play 10 recently though, it was awful.

@DanRyckert
Mario Party > Dota 2

@DanRyckert
If I win tomorrow, that makes three out of four, so I think the math checks out and Mario Party is basically eSports.

@DanRyckert
I'm trying to singlehandedly destroy the concept that Mario Party is purely luck-based by winning most of these things.

@DanRyckert
If you've watched the previous three Mario Party Partys, remind me who won. I wanna say it was me, Drew, me.

@DanRyckert
Guys I'm pretty excited about playing 50 turns of Mario Party 4 at work tomorrow.

I'm telling you guys he's going to win. I have shared in the glory of #teambrad once before and there is truly nothing like it.

Also this will be his first time playing with a mullet, I feel like that's crucial.

Yeah, of course he'll win. After he unleashes the first 3 horseman and then uses the 4th Seal to stop everyone else from playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom