• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjin M

Bullshit, Lucha Underground is the cool media to consume.
nzHQTsr.gif
Finally, something we can agree on!

edit://
so how long does the grace period for expired subscriptions last? mine ran out yesterday but I won't be able to renew for a little bit.
It's hard to tell now since they are switching service providers for their subscriptions. I think Rorie mentioned that the switch would sweep up those extended grace periods.

Do the old Star Wars movies hold up? I've only seen the prequels and I've always found Star Wars kinda dumb. I figure I should give it an honest shot at some point.

Do the old Star Wars movies hold up? I've only seen the prequels and I've always found Star Wars kinda dumb. I figure I should give it an honest shot at some point.

4, 5, 6 definitely hold up. Story driven and all that. 1 is actually a complete waste of time, 2 is not great, and 3 does set up some important things but sort of ruins the whole big twist in the original movies.

answer this: how 13 years old are you?

the answer is yes of course they do, pretend those prequels dont exist and ignore everything from them when watching the old films. the best thing disney ever did was remove Lucas from Star Wars, dude was wrecking the series for over a decade.

answer this: how 13 years old are you?

the answer is yes of course they do, pretend those prequels dont exist and ignore everything from them when watching the old films. the best thing disney ever did was remove Lucas from Star Wars, dude was wrecking the series for over a decade.

i'm about a 7/10 on the 13 years old scale atm i'd say.

I guess I need to see if someone has the blu rays. Wasn't there some issue with one set of blu rays being edited poorly or having bad changes?

Turnstyle

Did I imagine it, or did Jeff say that there was going to be a membership sale soon, on the podcast?

When my yearly sub ran out a few months ago, I went back to paying monthly. My bank charges me some sort of currency rate fee on top of the monthly sub, so it works out more expensive than it should. Booo!

ohhh shieeet i wonder what brad thinks of the star wars trailer

that thing pissed me off

I was too young see any of the original trilogy in the theater when they were new (born in 80), so I have never had a single experience where getting excited about a Star Wars movie has resulted in anything but crushing disappointment

movies re-released in theaters? junked up with stupid bullshit

prequels? slow torture

I can't handle being as excited as I am after watching that trailer. There is no possible way there is any way for the way I feel to go but down

maybe I'll die first

Liamc723

it's really weird to see a properly directed SW film after 3 poorly directed ones in a row.

Unfortunately I grew up with the prequels and had to go back and watch the original trilogy instead of experiencing them at the time of release. But man, I am really really excited about this new trilogy.

i'm about a 7/10 on the 13 years old scale atm i'd say.

I guess I need to see if someone has the blu rays. Wasn't there some issue with one set of blu rays being edited poorly or having bad changes?

dude, i dont advocate piracy buttttttttt please for the love of god do not watch the blu rays. Search the interwebs for the Despecialized Editions.

To put it in vidjagames terms, Lucas went back and did an HD remaster of those older films but made significant changes to the films in the process. The Despecialized Editions are the highest quality versions of IV-VI, where someone found all of the best sources for the OG trilogy and just did their best job to HDify it. The only fixes done to the films are small technical issues, nothing that alters the films in any way.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I don't really get what there is to be excited about the Star Wars trailer. I guess I don't get what there is to be excited about any Star Wars trailer though. Maybe the movie will be good, but I have no more reason to suspect it will be now than I did yesterday.

dude, i dont advocate piracy buttttttttt please for the love of god do not watch the blu rays. Search the interwebs for the Despecialized Editions.

To put it in vidjagames terms, Lucas went back and did an HD remaster of those older films but make significant changes to the films in the process. The Despecialized Editions are the highest quality versions of IV-VI, where someone found all of the best sources for the OF trilogy and just did there best job to HDify it. The only fixes done to the films are small technical issues, nothing that alters the films in any way.

I was going to make almost this exact post

I have 6 different versions of the original trilogy, so I don't feel particularly bad about snagging those versions

they are beautiful

they are a sign that there is still some good in the hearts of man

Anjin M

This thread feels like milling outside the venue, waiting to be let inside for the event.

With our luck, they will be late coming on stage because they partied too hard last night.

Zebetite

Banned
im kind of bummed that alex and vinny didn't do the QLEX for twelve minutes because alex would probably get the really plain shining reference right off the bat and i'd feel less like a walking waste of oxygen

There's a lot to distract the guys from MPP if they need a distraction. They can discuss the Star Wars trailer and the NPD numbers, which should drop during the stream.

Anjin M

There's a lot to distract the guys from MPP if they need a distraction. They can discuss the Star Wars trailer and the NPD numbers, which should drop during the stream.

NPD is today. At least I'll have something to distract me while you lot are watching the stream.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

In honour of the Ryckert Legacy, I've bought a bunch of Taco Bell and some Doritos to watch Mario Party Party 4.

...but it starts in an hour and a half and I'm hungry now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom