• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
This is a man who has a popular podcast where people ask him for advice.

idk who's the bigger idiot, Dan or the person who takes literally any advice from him

Bacon

I mean let's be honest half the advice they give on danswers is to be open and honest. Not exactly earth shattering stuff

Giantbomb can do no wrong except when it comes to not talking about Gamergate or hiring another white guy,

Rhby8hv.jpg

This thread works in cycles. Back to the GB hiring controversy!

I thought I was making a decent dent in my content backlog but I've just realised that I missed the majority of the extra life stuff from last year.

http://i.imgur.com/Rhby8hv.jpg[IMG]

This thread works in cycles. Back to the GB hiring controversy![/QUOTE]

I honestly don't care about it. But it seems to be the only thing people can criticize Giantbomb for without the default deflection of "giantbomb does fun dumb stuff."

I don't fault Dan for doing something stupid when drunk. I mean, who hasn't. But people encouraging that behavior with "Oh that's our Daniel!" is really weird. Like "going out of your way to say that sticking a novelty shock game down your pants is as dumb and lethal as hopping out of a moving vehicle" levels of weird.

I honestly don't care about it. But it seems to be the only thing people can criticize Giantbomb for without the default deflection of "giantbomb does fun dumb stuff."

I don't fault Dan for doing something stupid when drunk. I mean, who hasn't. But people encouraging that behavior with "Oh that's our Daniel!" is really weird. Like "going out of your way to say that sticking a novelty shock game down your pants is as dumb and lethal as hopping out of a moving vehicle" levels of weird.

It's fine to condemn him, but it's his personal life. We can't really do anything about it and who are we to tell him how to live his life? It's fine to say it's a stupid thing to do but its a joke that Dan is indestructible with stories he's told of stupid things he's done. His dad even joked about him being immortal.

tuxfool

Banned

He is going to do whatever, regardless. So shrug and go with it.

BearPawB

Banned

i am not Dan's keeper. I don't think he jumped out of a vehicle for my attention. I don't think he did it for anything other than at that moment, it is what Dan's head said to do.

Those whole idea that we are somehow encouraging him is crazy. The idea that we should condemn him for what he does on the weekends is also crazy.

It's fine to condemn him, but it's his personal life. We can't really do anything about it and who are we to tell him how to live his life? It's fine to say it's a stupid thing to do but its a joke that Dan is indestructible with stories he's told of stupid things he's done. His dad even joked about him being immortal.

He shouldn't be condemned. People do dumb stuff when drunk. But I think people are mistaking the criticism to be out of hate for Dan rather than concern from him. No one is trying to change Dan's lifestyle. That's not my point to all this. I just find it weird that you can't even make a criticism out of concern for one of the staff's safety without someone coming in to defend it with something as flimsy as "that's what giantbomb does."

BearPawB

Banned
He shouldn't be condemned. People do dumb stuff when drunk. But I think people are mistaking the criticism to be out of hate for Dan rather than concern from him. No one is trying to change Dan's lifestyle. That's not my point to all this. I just find it weird that you can't even make a criticism out of concern for one of the staff's safety without someone coming in to defend it with something as flimsy as "that's what giantbomb does."

I think we can all acknowledge that jumping out of a truck is a stupid decision. I don't think anyone has said anything else

i am not Dan's keeper. I don't think he jumped out of a vehicle for my attention. I don't think he did it for anything other than at that moment, it is what Dan's head said to do.

Those whole idea that we are somehow encouraging him is crazy. The idea that we should condemn him for what he does on the weekends is also crazy.

Didn't mean to imply we should condemn him, just that people will and they're free to do so.

Commenting on their personal lives crosses a line imo, happens as well when people comment on something like Brad's weight with a tone of concern. We just consume their content, we have no room to criticize their personal lives imo.

I mean you really shouldn't jump out of moving vehicles and should probably avoid situations that lead you into that kind of thing

and I generally prefer when people I like don't put themselves in harms way

but I mean, it is what it is

BearPawB

Banned
Being a fan is weird. To us, we see them every day, multiple times a day. So i get why people act like their concerned best friend. But at the end of the day, we are just random dudes on the internet to them

I think we can all acknowledge that jumping out of a truck is a stupid decision. I don't think anyone has said anything else

No but you do get people trying to downplay it by comparing it to harmless gags like Vinny's shock game stunt.

Anyways I don't want to belabor this since its something Dan did in his personal life and not related to any giantbomb content. But he did put it out in the public so I don't feel too bad about talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom