• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

It almost did.

The best possible ending would be if
Jeff got all 3 bonus stars and won. He was so close.

It would have been pretty good too, but the result we got was a much needed one.
Someone who hated the fucking guts out of the series needed to win this one, and Dan needed to come in dead last to prove the amount of bullshit they produce.

Lijik

Actual photograph from the end of Mario Party Party 4
tumblr_nmgk1864h51qavl7qo1_540.jpg

He shouldn't be condemned. People do dumb stuff when drunk. But I think people are mistaking the criticism to be out of hate for Dan rather than concern from him. No one is trying to change Dan's lifestyle. That's not my point to all this. I just find it weird that you can't even make a criticism out of concern for one of the staff's safety without someone coming in to defend it with something as flimsy as "that's what giantbomb does."

I don't think I was mistaking the individual post I quoted as not being criticism because of concern for Dan, because I don't think it was that at all.

Jothel

Out of the side characters Wario is the best, the Wario land games on the gameboy and the Wario ware games are all better than any other side character centric games

justjim89

You just know last night Dan went to sleep mildly concussed telling himself what a cool action guy he is.

Seriously, though, he should get in to see a doc. Head smacking onto pavement is nothing to fuck with.

I know game companies hiring members of the press has gone out of fashion the last few years once everyone fired their community managers once the market collapsed and realised they can run their own twitter account just fine but I totally would want to see what studio would try hiring Dan.

danm999

I know game companies hiring members of the press has gone out of fashion the last few years once everyone fired their community managers once the market collapsed and realised they can run their own twitter account just fine but I totally would want to see what studio would try hiring Dan.

Volition.

justjim89

A Dan Ryckert designed game would either be a Kojima-level subversion of cool action guy nonsense drenched in Americana to the point where it borders on parody

or

a complete fucking unplayable offensive mess

Either way I'd love to see it.

A Dan Ryckert designed game would either be a Kojima-level subversion of cool action guy nonsense drenched in Americana to the point where it borders on parody

or

a complete fucking unplayable offensive mess

Either way I'd love to see it.
we already saw dan design a game

it involved an acorn

Jintor

Volition.

on only a semi-related note I'm really angry that destruction tech still hasn't re-emerged yet

Red Faction Guerilla still the only game where you plough into the side of a building and the building fucking looks and feels like it got hit by a car. Fuck! An experience fucking unmatched in god damn twenty fifteen.

danm999

on only a semi-related note I'm really angry that destruction tech still hasn't re-emerged yet

Red Faction Guerilla still the only game where you plough into the side of a building and the building fucking looks and feels like it got hit by a car. Fuck! An experience fucking unmatched in god damn twenty fifteen.

Yeah seems like Red Faction zigged while the industry zagged.

Environmental interaction like that does not seem to be a priority for most third person action games.

Jintor

You're probably right. Given there's difficulty hitting 1080p/60fps in a lot of cases this gen, highly destructible environments are probably not a priority.

I don't want lots of games with destruction physics, I just want one game with really good destruction physics :<

danm999

I don't want lots of games with destruction physics, I just want one game with really good destruction physics :<

You haven't earned it. >:l

Yeah I'd like one too honestly. Haven't had that Red Faction itched scratched since Guerilla, not even by the Red Faction series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom