• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truant

So I got a new computer, and the GB site is slow as hell. I'm using the exact same router. Videos won't even load unless I go low quality on the streams. I tried using Goggle DNS to no avail, as well as disabling IPv6. Any ideas? Using FireFox btw.

So I got a new computer, and the GB site is slow as hell. I'm using the exact same router. Videos won't even load unless I go low quality on the streams. I tried using Goggle DNS to no avail, as well as disabling IPv6. Any ideas? Using FireFox btw.

Check with another browser first? All the latest drivers installed, and your streaming settings the same as they were before? I know when I sign in on another computer, sometimes the video service defaults to Streaming instead of HTML5 which is real slow for me.

This thread gets real heavy sometimes. You guys need to lighten up on the Ryckert stuff. He's people too, you know.

Jintor

Don't be a jerk.
A self-explanatory rule, but an important one nonetheless. People who disagree with you are not "insane." They are not "pathetic." They are not "a dick." Even if you think they're wrong about something, there's no reason to treat them with disrespect.

your opinion's valid, being a jerk ain't

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, if he deliberately posts antagonistic stuff on a fairly public place like twitter you can't expect people to not react to it.

As long as talk is reasonable and constructive I think it's fine. Though I don't remember if his "I don't care about politics" deserve such a response.

Nah, if he deliberately posts antagonistic stuff on a fairly public place like twitter you can't expect people to not react to it.

As long as talk is reasonable and constructive I think it's fine. Though I don't remember if his "I don't care about politics" deserve such a response.

Saying your favourite music is better than other people's favourite music is considered antagonistic? By that logic, we should have ran BanGy.nz out of these threads a long time ago 😅 .

Dan's just joking around about that stuff. Relax people. I mean his comments on politics is pretty narrow-minded but come on.

Jintor

As long as he acknowledges that not caring about politics is a relative luxury afforded to very few.

Also he probably does care about politics in some sense but doesn't necessarily think about it in terms of politics? I can't imagine being an adult, especially in the US, and not caring about... say... healthcare in some form or the other.

Hey? Dan? You care about that kinda stuff?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's not, but he sure loves to post it in the most antagonistic way possible!

I'm pretty sure he admitted as much that he does it that way to rile up responses and attention on Twitter.

Which is fine, I don't really care about it because twitter in a way is such a closed platform.

Truant

Check with another browser first? All the latest drivers installed, and your streaming settings the same as they were before? I know when I sign in on another computer, sometimes the video service defaults to Streaming instead of HTML5 which is real slow for me.

This thread gets real heavy sometimes. You guys need to lighten up on the Ryckert stuff. He's people too, you know.

Edit: Never mind, forgot to install flash :v

BanGy.nz

Banned
If Brad isn't on this I am bread quicklook I will never forgive Giant Bomb.
we should have ran BanGy.nz out of these threads a long time ago �� .
I knew you Anime jerks were trying to run me out of here! You're going on my list!

List of Taylor Swift deniers and LoL sympathisers.
  • BreezyLimbo.
  • chaobreaker.
  • Jeevesmeister

I just want it to drop him into a random episode of Gintama.

CC_CuRzUgAAzT5P.png

nevermind, Jeff might be into this

Liamc723

It's also pretty funny to see Dan make ridiculous comments about music and then completely retract them by agreeing with someone when they give him an example of what he's just slated.

I think I'll unfollow him now.

popo

You have to respect Dan coming in to the thread and replying to people as if the previous five pages had not been discussions of how much of a troll and/or idiot he is.

Brad would have been so angry and lashing out at everyone.

I saw Leigh Alexander say something this weekend I think deserves to be said again.

Not everything someone tweets requires you to reply. Get the hell over yourself. (last part is mine)

Myggen

Danswers with Jeff today?

As long as he acknowledges that not caring about politics is a relative luxury afforded to very few.

Also he probably does care about politics in some sense but doesn't necessarily think about it in terms of politics? I can't imagine being an adult, especially in the US, and not caring about... say... healthcare in some form or the other.

Hey? Dan? You care about that kinda stuff?

He said that he voted for same-sex marriage in Minnesota, so I doubt it should be taken that literally. You can care about issues without really caring about politics.

Myggen

Seriously. Jeevesmeister, you need to chill the fuck out.

Myggen

Yeah, I remember looking that up a couple of years ago too. WIRED still falls into that "LOL GEEKS" trap once in a while, probably because they have to fill the first 50 or so pages of every issue with largely bullshit (the feature articles are worth my subscription).

edit: Looking at the front page of WIRED, I wonder how many recaps there are of each episode of Game of Thrones.

Myggen

can you imagine what a dire fucking job it must be working for a site that makes you write those articles?

As long as you write for The AV Club or some other site that has always done those kind of recaps I'm guessing it's totally fine. But recaps of TV shows seem to be so popular that more or less every entertainment site (be it technology, movie, games etc.) is required to write them now. The Verge is like 50% Game of Thrones right now :p

I remember Ben Kuchera saying on Twitter that his GoT recaps are some of the most popular stories on Polygon every week.

edit: Woot, Drew Streamed Heroes last night? This is what I get for not being on GAF for about 12 hours I guess!

This story mode for MKX sure is pretty boring so far. Got to when the MK Kidz visit the outworld and am now playing as Green Arrow im sorry I mean Jung Kim and, man, i dunno about all of this.

Also, christ almighty is KK the worst to play as. I spammed throws in the 4 straight fights you play as him. Just wanted it to end, he's no fun to play as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom