• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Just woke up, saw I missed a big to-do about "Dan Ryckert and his opinions" and went to his Twitter timeline. The only relevant thing I found out is that the Taco Bell twitter is on a first name basis with him.

...other than get you on some NSA red flag list you mean?

RltMwlN.gif

If Brad isn't on this I am bread quicklook I will never forgive Giant Bomb.

I knew you Anime jerks were trying to run me out of here! You're going on my list!

List of Taylor Swift deniers and LoL sympathisers.
  • BreezyLimbo.
  • chaobreaker.
  • Jeevesmeister

I have good news BanGy! The good news is that Heroes of the Storm is pretty awesome. The bad news is
I redownloaded League of Legends last night after 12 months of quitting. I can't quit it.

I have good news BanGy! The good news is that Heroes of the Storm is pretty awesome. The bad news is
I redownloaded League of Legends last night after 12 months of quitting. I can't quit it.
Drew streams Heroes of the Storm. So I check my battlenet account to find I have beta access to HotS. Then I play it until 3am.

It's ok.

Scizzy

LOL, I put off watching the QL for Axiom Verge until I finished the game so I wouldn't spoil anything. I just finished the game yesterday and watched it this morning and Jeff immediately uses a mechanic I didn't realize existed. No wonder I thought it was so hard.

Just woke up, saw I missed a big to-do about "Dan Ryckert and his opinions" and went to his Twitter timeline. The only relevant thing I found out is that the Taco Bell twitter is on a first name basis with him.

and Jesus wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

FStop7

Banned
Dude, I grew up 18 years on a redneck ass cattle farm in the middle of the woods, living the most "AMERICA.TXT" upbringing humanly possible. We had regular articles in the school newspaper whinging about "fakers" wearing AC/DC shirts because they don't know by heart the track listing for every single AC/DC song ever written, and all sorts of other dumb shit, like the "Loggerodeo" and the yearly reenactment of the "Great Bank Robbery" where some bank robbers shot a bunch of people and then ran through a whorehouse. Yes, I grew up in a place known for bank robbers and hookers.

I'm a few weeks out from turning 25 and since then I've been to a dozen countries across four continents dealing with everything from first class trans-continental to getting AK-47s shoved in my face on a semi-regular basis in west Africa.

It was hilarious as fuck starting out, and now since then it's turned into, "christ, what is wrong with you." Like that segment of learning wrestling moves from Hoodslam was hilarious, because we were seeing said character come up against adversity, and it was actually somewhat endearing. And this sort of endearing idiot with terrible ideals I grew up surrounded by was fine on its own, sure.

But when you go and tweet shit like some variation on "I don't give a shit about politics," like, literally what the fuck. Name a single fucking black man or woman who gets paid to dip oreos into nacho cheeze on a Mario Party livestream much less the past couple years of black people being executed by police for no legitimate fucking reason.

I'm not saying you need to flagellate yourself every waking moment or beg for forgiveness for the fucked up shit our ancestors have done for whatever bullshit reason or another, but simply because sure, you and I have the luxury of playing blind to these issues, makes it rather cruel to parade around the fact you have that very fucking luxury when those with a different skin color have to be paranoid about whether or not a cop is looking at them funny. Maybe you don't give a shit about politics, but a great number of people don't have that luxury, because it's their life, or their child's life, if they don't.

tl;dr: I grew up a thousand times more americafuckyeah.txt than you and it's gotten to a point where it's beyond comically embarrassing.

I... I think I love you.

I... I think I love you.

I thought his text was a little too self-righteous. Dan isn't a politician, he's an entertainer at a video game website. Dan has a schtick. This schtick doesn't involve politics. To complain about what he says or does, well, it seems like it's getting a bit personal.

Anjin M

I finally finished Mario Party Party 4 over the weekend. It is amazing what a good sport Dan is. Closing down the stream with him starting the story mode was such a great moment. I would love for Mario Party Party 5 to fade up on him finishing the game just as the guys come on to the set.

Scizzy

I thought his text was a little too self-righteous. Dan isn't a politician, he's an entertainer at a video game website. Dan has a schtick. This schtick doesn't involve politics. To complain about what he says or does, well, it seems like it's getting a bit personal.

Dan is a public figure with over 40,000 followers on Twitter who goes out of his way to offer opinions and critiques about stuff. It's fine to complain about those opinions, though obviously one shouldn't be a dick about it (in general, I'm not saying anyone is being a dick in this thread).

That said, we should probably focus on getting Dan not to jump out of moving trucks while he's drunk before moving on to his weird obsession with Taco Bell and his stubbornness about electronic music.

Dan is a public figure with over 40,000 followers on Twitter who goes out of his way to offer opinions and critiques about stuff. It's fine to complain about those opinions, though obviously one shouldn't be a dick about it (in general, I'm not saying anyone is being a dick in this thread).

That said, we should probably focus on getting Dan not to jump out of moving trucks while he's drunk before moving on to his weird obsession with Taco Bell and his stubbornness about electronic music.

Well yeah. What I mean is that, the poster called him out like..'How many black people dunk oreos in nacho cheese!?'. It's like...that's unnecessary. Dan isn't going 'I'm so great! Being white is so great! Yeah!'. It's unneeded.

Although yeah, saying that jumping out of a moving truck is pretty dumb, it's a way different ball park then getting into 'Check your privilege' levels.

I just listened to a bombcast from 2008 where they're talking about Denis Dyack posting on GAF and I wanted to see if he had an "owned by NeoGAF" tag, and it looks like he was banned back then

I wonder if it was self-imposed of if we actually banned Dyack

god I hope it's the latter

Seems we need a fucking bingo board at this point to see how long until Dan's opinion rustles someone's jimmies.

I just listened to a bombcast from 2008 where they're talking about Denis Dyack posting on GAF and I wanted to see if he had an "owned by NeoGAF" tag, and it looks like he was banned back then

I wonder if it was self-imposed of if we actually banned Dyack

god I hope it's the latter

it was the latter.

done by Evilore himself after the whole for or against thread Dyack posted (plus that diatribe he did on that 1up podcast blaming GAF, etc) iirc

Seems we need a fucking bingo board at this point to see how long until Dan's opinion rustles someone's jimmies.

it was the latter.

done by Evilore himself after the whole for or against thread Dyack posted (plus that diatribe he did on that 1up podcast blaming GAF, etc) iirc

please be kind when you rustle me

Aww jeez i got to the stepto e3 episode. This is like the second (third?) most cringeworthy E3 podcast outside of the leigh years and the Mike Neumann appearance.

I just saw that jeeves post. no way that's real, right? I thought i saw a bald eagle kissing George Washington's forehead on Mount Rushmore with fireworks exploding overhead while reading that post.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Huey Lewis has astroturfers. This thread is the only safe place left on GAF. Nothing productive to be found here, they'd never bother sending anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom