• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the GBeast network test stream. Far Cry 4 + Vinny = solid gold, time after time.

When he
cooked the grenade deliberately too much and then hearing Drew's 'OH NO!' a split-second after Alex's cry...there is no better way to test chat latency!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah..I can't think of any well known hispanic fighter in MK.

latest

santeesioux

I wonder how many of them aren't weird gross stereotypes (looking at you, Tattoo Assassins)

I think the tough warrior brave is better than the smiling doofus Cleveland Indian logo, but a modern dude like this Smoke Signals character would probably not make the best fighting game character

thomas-builds-the-fire.jpg

Does anybody know if Dan likes Alan Wake? I'd love to hear some discussion on the podcast about the AW2 stuff, but I remember the rest of the crew being a bit tepid on the game.

Does anybody know if Dan likes Alan Wake? I'd love to hear some discussion on the podcast about the AW2 stuff, but I remember the rest of the crew being a bit tepid on the game.

Tweets from 2010

Alan Wake is a lot of fun, but there's something that I find unlikable about Wake as a protagonist. Can't put my finger on it

I think one of the most underwhelming games of the year was definitely Alan Wake. I know some people loved it, but it didn't do much for me.

robotrock

Banned
I just listened to a bombcast from 2008 where they're talking about Denis Dyack posting on GAF and I wanted to see if he had an "owned by NeoGAF" tag, and it looks like he was banned back then

I wonder if it was self-imposed of if we actually banned Dyack

god I hope it's the latter

Do you know what specific Bombcast this was? I could use something to listen to right now.

Alan wake could've used about a third of it cut out. the battles felt lonnnnngggggg and i got to be an expert at running away from it all as fast as possible to get to the next set piece.

I loved the story telling, the world, the atmosphere, the second DLC, American Nightmare. But let's be real, that shit got grindy after a while.

I just found a loose 3DS cart at the MMA gym I do freelance for, and it's Mario Party Island Tour! That means the Mario Party Party fun doesn't end with MP10, you guys! There's so much more Mario Party for the gang to enjoy!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They honestly managed to somehow cut every single one of my favorite characters from MK9 for MKX.

How does that jobber Reptile get to stay playable but not my boy Baraka?

Brashnir

Alan Wake is Goat
I don't think anyone in bomb crew LOVED it besides Ryan

I liked it. I thought the base mechanic of using the flashlight to remove enemy shields had merit as a basis for a game, though I did hate the in-world reasoning for it.

In a sci-fi themed game, where you had (perhaps multiple variants of) shield disruptors to bring down shielded enemies' shields before shooting them, it could work really well. Tying it to something as mundane as a flashlight, which had a battery life nothing like an actual flashlight strained verisimilitude quite a bit. The encounter design also didn't do much to take advantage of it.

They honestly managed to somehow cut every single one of my favorite characters from MK9 for MKX.

Baraka makes an appearance in the story mode at least.
He has a model so maybe he'll come as dlc? Although it's noticeably lower quality so it seems doubtful.
Super spoilers
they really don't like him ;-;

Myggen

I just found a loose 3DS cart at the MMA gym I do freelance for, and it's Mario Party Island Tour! That means the Mario Party Party fun doesn't end with MP10, you guys! There's so much more Mario Party for the gang to enjoy!

There's a few portable MP games. What a bad idea.

Yeah, that was my other problem. No Stryker? No Cyrax or Cyber Sub-Zero? Come oooonnn.

There's a few portable MP games. What a bad idea.

Hey, they said they were gonna play every Mario Party in order.

Alan wake could've used about a third of it cut out. the battles felt lonnnnngggggg and i got to be an expert at running away from it all as fast as possible to get to the next set piece.

I loved the story telling, the world, the atmosphere, the second DLC, American Nightmare. But let's be real, that shit got grindy after a while.

Yep, it totally did. I think a greater focus on exploration would be a good direction for a sequel. The combat should be a momentary struggle to keep the darkness at bay while you try to escape.

But my god, how good was that atmosphere? Bright Falls felt like such a real place, and I love every one of those spooky forests.

Fevaweva

This is kinda putting me off from pulling the plunge on buying MKX. I don't like the look of the new characters, a lot of the best old characters are gone and the story isn't as good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One of my biggest issues with hte MKX Roster is shit like Cassie Cage AND Johnny Cage AND Sonya. No, they don't all control the same, but the basic idea is that Cassie is a mix of her mom and dad. So did we REALLY need her mom and dad?

Like Johnny Cage and Sonya being in the game with Cassie being in it doesn't seem so bad as they are a little different until you realize characters with drastically different and extremely unique movesets like Noob and Smoke are missing just so we can have Jax. Again. Or Sonya. Again.

Anjin M

Just wanna say, I'm a fan of Taco Bell food.

I will eat Cinnamon Twists every day and twice on Sunday, but I don't think the rest of their menu is anything special.

I don't have any opinion about MK characters.

edit://
I just listened to a bombcast from 2008 where they're talking about Denis Dyack posting on GAF and I wanted to see if he had an "owned by NeoGAF" tag, and it looks like he was banned back then

I wonder if it was self-imposed of if we actually banned Dyack

god I hope it's the latter
It's stories like this that brought NeoGAF to my attention. So thank you, Dennis Dyack, for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom