• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my biggest issues with hte MKX Roster is shit like Cassie Cage AND Johnny Cage AND Sonya. No, they don't all control the same, but the basic idea is that Cassie is a mix of her mom and dad. So did we REALLY need her mom and dad?

Like Johnny Cage and Sonya being in the game with Cassie being in it doesn't seem so bad as they are a little different until you realize characters with drastically different and extremely unique movesets like Noob and Smoke are missing just so we can have Jax. Again. Or Sonya. Again.

Seriously. MK9 had like, what, close to 40? And for the most part, they all played pretty damn differently. Instead we have the Kombat Kids Klub which, I'm sorry, maybe it's fine, but I just find that "trope" or whatever it's called really goddamn tiring.

Also they go super hard on that overly serious aesthetic that Johnny Cage's default is boring action hero man instead of "motherfucker with his first name tatted on his chest and his last as a golden belt buckle," which sure, is his alternate, but man, maaaaan, the character design in that game is just so borrrrinnngg.

Myggen

Wheres my Jeffswers with Dan, Jeff? :)

2743444-6702353824-tumbl.gif

Seriously. MK9 had like, what, close to 40? And for the most part, they all played pretty damn differently. Instead we have the Kombat Kids Klub which, I'm sorry, maybe it's fine, but I just find that "trope" or whatever it's called really goddamn tiring.

Also they go super hard on that overly serious aesthetic that Johnny Cage's default is boring action hero man instead of "motherfucker with his first name tatted on his chest and his last as a golden belt buckle," which sure, is his alternate, but man, maaaaan, the character design in that game is just so borrrrinnngg.

Mk 9 had like 25 characters and x has 24 and I'd probably say that x has a stronger roster, in part due to the variation stuff. I also think that while some characters have bland designs you've got characters with vastly improved designs like Mileena and the other new characters have some great designs.

ArjanN

Tweets from 2010

To be fair Alan Wake as a character was clearly intended to be kind of unlikable for a large part of the game as part of his story arc.

As for the actual game I liked it quite a bit but I only picked it up when it came out on PC which was a somewhat better version and by then people knew what to expect better so there was much less hype-backlash.

Wunder

That Hero generations game looks... weird but kinda cool?? I like games that incorporate family/ancestry type stuff in the game, like a Rogue Legacy or Massive Chalice.

Tucah

you speak so well
That Hero generations game looks... weird but kinda cool?? I like games that incorporate family/ancestry type stuff in the game, like a Rogue Legacy or Massive Chalice.

Doesn't really seem like something I'd play but there a bunch of neat ideas in there.

Wunder

Doesn't really seem like something I'd play but there a bunch of neat ideas in there.

yeah mechanically it seems a bit arbitrary and random and I feel like you can just lose progress instantly to a dumb dice roll, but I like the sense of progression it could potentially bring as well as creating a 'legacy' by building up a world for the future generations to traipse around

Megasoum

Banned
Hmmm... I just got a Test Invoice for Subscribing from GB out of nowhere... I'm in the middle of my sub and won't renew until next summer.

I guess they are having issues with the new system lol.

I sent a tweet to Rorie just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom