• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who spent a hundred bucks on LoL, I can confirm DOTA2 is the vastly superior game. Sadly my home internet connect is so spotty I can't play it online anymore.

As someone who has put hundreds of hours into both, they both have pros and cons. You don't realize the secret best game is HoN.
HoN is bad

Myggen

Is the name Fridge-kun used outside of GiantBombGAF? Is unastike secretly a lurker here?

He lurked this thread during a lot of the Extra Life stuff they did to find gifs and stuff that was posted here, so I don't doubt it. Fridge-kun is very much just a thing in this thread.

Anjin M

He lurked this thread during a lot of the Extra Life stuff they did to find gifs and stuff that was posted here, so I don't doubt it. Fridge-kun is very much just a thing in this thread.
Jason, get yourself an account. We need to talk!

He might already have one, it's just secret. Not every "personality" wants to be known on GAF.
Unacceptable!

Also....
I'd never wish harm on fridge-kun but it'd be kind of hilarious if one of the beers explode.
WHAT DID YOU DO, PETE???

So I have all this free time now that I'm finished with school for now.

I think I'm ready to take the plunge.

I'm going to watch... wrestling.

When does Raw air today at ET?

bigkrev

8:00 pm to 11:05 pm. The overrun that starts at 11 is sometimes longer or shorter than 5 minutes.

FStop7

Banned

Don't do it, man.

Don't do it.

I subbed to the network a couple of weeks ago. It was the first wrestling I've watched since around 1998.

All the current WWE consists of is roiders exchanging finishers for 15 minutes.

WWE _sucks_ now. The only good things I will say about the current WWE are A) their camera work is now amazing and B) Paul Heyman is the greatest thing since Bobby Heenan.

The best thing I can suggest if you want to watch wrestling is to sub to the network for a month or two and watch a bunch of old ECW stuff and some of the classic WWE PPVs. Go watch Wrestlemanias 3, 4, 12, 14, etc...

Don't do it, man.

Don't do it.

I subbed to the network a couple of weeks ago. It was the first wrestling I've watched since around 1998.

All the current WWE consists of is roiders exchanging finishers for 15 minutes.

WWE _sucks_ now. The only good things I will say about the current WWE are A) their camera work is now amazing and B) Paul Heyman is the greatest thing since Bobby Heenan.

The best thing I can suggest if you want to watch wrestling is to sub to the network for a month or two and watch a bunch of old ECW stuff and some of the classic WWE PPVs. Go watch Wrestlemanias 3, 4, 12, 14, etc...

Seriously. Go watch Lucha Underground and catch as much NJPW as you can. That's the best wrestling going on today and it's leaps and bounds ahead of WWE in nearly every way.

Guys, I know those other wrestling shows are better. I don't want to jump the many hoops to get watch those shows. Raw will air on my basic cable Canadian TV in an hour or so. That's as much as I care right now. Maybe next time.

just watch anime instead, its less destructive than wrestling.

I'm proud to say that I've been clean of anise for nearly a month.

Guys, I know those other wrestling shows are better. I don't want to jump the many hoops to get watch those shows. Raw will air on my basic cable Canadian TV in an hour or so. That's as much as I care right now. Maybe next time.

they lie anyway

wwe is good

that is why i just re subbed on the network

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I'm proud to say that I've been clean of anise for nearly a month.

It isn't just that they other shows are better, it's that they function as actual shows and can be watched for the entire length without serious philosophical questions and wondering whether you are the victim of a piece of performance art in which the producer wants to see how long people will watch something that offers literally nothing.

Also, Raw will distort your sense of time. Three hours will never have seemed longer .They recap everything every 15 minutes for good reason, every episode is like a life's journey through an endless desert. You'll forget that you're human by the end, let alone what John Cena and HHH said in the first, third, sixth, tenth, eleventh through fourteenth, and sixteenth segments.

Suplexer

Try and go into it open minded, and don't let the constant barrage of people saying it's "stupid" affect your enjoyment or opinion of the product.

That said, I haven't been enjoying the last month or so of WWE, but my friend who I recently got into wrestling is enjoying it very much.

If RAW tonight doesn't really do it for you, seriously, try and watch some wrestling that isn't super commercialized (commercialized may not be the right word). There is so much wrestling out there that isn't WWE, and most of it is completely its own thing. Check back in after RAW if you do end up watching and tell us what you dug about it (and what you didn't), and I'm sure I and others could point you towards some wrestling you would enjoy.

So many people watch RAW a handful of times and decide that wrestling isn't for them, which is fine, but RAW isn't the only wrestling out there and they could really be missing out on something they may enjoy because they are too quick to write off what is basically an entire artistic medium (too much?) based on one show.

I finally got a NeoGaf account after over 3 years of lurking. :D

jgminto

People should be like me and just laugh at Wrestlemania every year and never care about wrestling any other time. It's a good existence.

Xater

they lie anyway

wwe is good

that is why i just re subbed on the network

WWE right now is the worst it has been in a long time. Mediocre in ring work from a lot of guys combined with some of the worst booking around. NXT is the only good thing they produce. If I want to watch some current stuff I also watch Lucha Underground and New Japan.

Anjin M

Try and go into it open minded, and don't let the constant barrage of people saying it's "stupid" affect your enjoyment or opinion of the product.

That said, I haven't been enjoying the last month or so of WWE, but my friend who I recently got into wrestling is enjoying it very much.

If RAW tonight doesn't really do it for you, seriously, try and watch some wrestling that isn't super commercialized (commercialized may not be the right word). There is so much wrestling out there that isn't WWE, and most of it completely its own thing. Check back in after RAW if you do end up watching and tell us what you dug about it (and what you didn't), and I'm sure I and others could point you towards some wrestling you would enjoy.

So many people watch RAW a handful of times and decide that wrestling isn't for them, which is fine, but RAW isn't the only wrestling out there and they could really be missing out on something they may enjoy because they are too quick to write off what is basically an entire artistic medium (too much?) based on one show.

Welcome! With a name like Suplexer, can I assume you are passionate about wresting? :)

Suplexer

Welcome! With a name like Suplexer, can I assume you are passionate about wresting? :)

I spent six hours last night shareplaying WWE Universe mode on PS4 with my friends while doing color commentary for it. I don't even know how I feel about wrestling anymore....

Suplexer city, bitch!

(Welcome!)

Thanks!

I really want my avatar to be Bork's face saying "Suplexer city, bitch!" now, but I don't want to push my luck, is harsh language like that allowed on an avatar or no?

FStop7

Banned

If RAW tonight doesn't really do it for you, seriously, try and watch some wrestling that isn't super commercialized (commercialized may not be the right word). There is so much wrestling out there that isn't WWE, and most of it is completely its own thing. Check back in after RAW if you do end up watching and tell us what you dug about it (and what you didn't), and I'm sure I and others could point you towards some wrestling you would enjoy.

OK... last thing and I will shut up about it. It's not that WWE is bad that bothers me so much, it's the fact that they literally have EVERY PIECE needed for it to be the best wrestling there's ever been, hands down. They have access to great venues. Their production values are through the roof. Like I said, their camera work is now phenomenal. They are also swimming in talent. But the same few names always win out and the rest rot on the shelf or are jobbed into the dirt. It's what made me turn off wrestling last time, and it seems to be even worse, now.

popo

lol. I somehow ended up on the CBSi facebook page and it isn't updated very often but the second entry - showing how infrequently they post - has a hilarious typo in it.

Pervy picture along with the caption

CBS Interactive added a new photo to the album: CBS Interactive Halloween Costume Contest.
11 November 2014 ·
The winner for best solo costume is: Zero Suit Samus by mark Kish!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CBS-Interactive/352860607270

Also, only 4 comments in total on the picture. One is spam and one is vulgar. Never change facebook. Never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom