• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suplexer

It's normally discounted to $30/year. I wouldnt expect this one to be any different

For $30 I'll absolutely bite.

EDIT: $35 is still very, very reasonable.

Does anyone know if Dan/Jason ever told Drew about The End's motivations for fighting Snake
specifically the cutscene triggered if The End defeats you
?

It's a little touch, but it was one of my favorite complexities in the MGS series, and if my memory serves me correctly Drew never actually saw any of that and Dan never spoke about it. I honestly wonder if Dan even knows what I am referring to.

Bacon

For $30 I'll absolutely bite.

Does anyone know if Dan/Jason ever told Drew about The End's motivations for fighting Snake
specifically the cutscene triggered if The End defeats you
?

It's a little touch, but it was one of my favorite complexities in the MGS series, and if my memory serves me correctly Drew never actually saw any of that and Dan never spoke about it. I honestly wonder if Dan even knows what I am referring to.

It's $35 i misremembered

Peace Walker is a really great flash game surrounded by a mediocre metal gear game and a real bad monster hunter clone.

But hey, Hot Coldman has grown on me as a name with the passing of the years.

Bacon

Man this mario party was great. Jeff randomly sticking his finger through the gamecube controller and just going, "it's kind of nice" absolutely slayed me.

mhanna49

Neo Member
Peace Walker is a really great flash game surrounded by a mediocre metal gear game and a real bad monster hunter clone.

But hey, Hot Coldman has grown on me as a name with the passing of the years.

Peace Walker was so much fun for me. I played it with 3 other friends in co-op. We were in high school and we would just drive around town and soldier search.

Are the Bella twins faces or heels?

According to wrasslinGAF they are heels. Also, that R. Mika butt move was pretty amazing.

did you catch ryback's incredible ad-lib

I didn't notice anything other than that big man being hungry and tossing around some dudes dressed up as phallic shaped foods.

are you as worried that this is the end of the miz-mizdow feud as I am

It was dumb though the blonde was hot.

was stardust on it at all

He should get hired for Giant Bomb.

I didn't notice anything other than that big man being hungry and tossing around some dudes dressed up as phallic shaped foods.

It was dumb though the blonde was hot.

He should get hired for Giant Bomb.

so right before ryback slammed both of the guys, he just says "IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE IT'S FOOD," it caught me off guard so it was funny as shit to me

you take that back

and yes

jLLOQ9P.jpg

Half of Washington is in an official drought right now, too. We must trek further north, together!

I'm glad I live in a place where drought isn't a realistic concern. Granted we just have generally shitty weather about 10 months of the year but that's a small price to pay.

danm999

I'm glad I live in a place where drought isn't a realistic concern. Granted we just have generally shitty weather about 10 months of the year but that's a small price to pay.

It sucks. And when it gets bad , there's really nothing you can do but wait for the weather to change.

BearPawB

Banned
I just can't believe we haven't solved desalination (on a large scale).
As someone who knows nothing it seems like such an easy problem to fix.
I realize it isn't. It just seems like something we woulda figured out by now.

I just can't believe we haven't solved desalination (on a large scale).
As someone who knows nothing it seems like such an easy problem to fix.
I realize it isn't. It just seems like something we woulda figured out by now.

it's extremely expensive

the amount of power that goes into desalination is incredible. Nuclear incredible~

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The Return Of The Mac reference was amazing.

I just need a N2Deep Back to the Hotel reference from Jeff to make my life complete.

the sad thing about back to the hotel is that the beat is goat but the vocals are trash

I made the mistake of listening to Return of the Mack after that segment, I've had it stuck in my head for hours now.

it is literally the only song I had in my Saints Row the Third playlist

it is so fucking good

Myggen

Danswers was really good. Also, Jeff telling stories about the years he lived like a crazy person will always be funny and remind me of this photo of Ryan:

2612469-guardbike.jpg

Rainmaker

Banned
I set the jukebox at a bar to play Return of The Mack 12 times in a row a few weeks back. It played through four times before they caught on. Great times. Great song.

I did not know Jeff still lived in his hometown. I always assumed he just lived far from his workplace. Wonder why he doesn't want to live in San Francisco.

Wait, I think I already know the answer to that.

I got new (a bit too expensive but really good) headphones today and everyone on GB sounds different.and I am scared...

I DONT LIKE THIS.

PS. Music sounds fucking awesome now though.

So I just fell into the rabbit hole on reading the Giant Bomb Wikipedia article. For some reason, Ryan's article was basically merged with the main Giant Bomb article and that one silly SMB3 rollercoaster video gets an entire paragraph on it and an associating thumbnail picture. I can't believe the controversy over the hirings got a section as well.

Also, I just found out that Alexa previously worked in Giant Bomb and now all the excitement over his appearances on UPFs make a lot more sense now.

Wild new hire speculation time:

Anyone else in here listen to Lazer Time Podcasts? Henry Gilbert's leaving GamesRadar a week and a half before the BLLS, he's been a fan of Giant Bomb for a while and has history with podcasting. He was the features editor at GamesRadar so to me it seems like he could cover the News part of the site and he'd also cover a few holes in GB's.

He also favorite my tweet asking him if he was moving to NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom