• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

I hadn't noticed that. Not every game can handle a 150 minute quick look though. Rarely does a game come along with the depth of, say, Mortal Kombat X.

when Jeff can go on for more than an hour in a QL, i would say he's pretty into it.

I made this... I dont know why...

lORY3k1.gif

Tsk tsk tsk at Brad's nostalgia for old Mortal Kombat games.

I love the PS2 games mostly for all of the crazy side modes and the really impressive for the time PSP port of Deception. Fun games in general though.

Vib-Ribbon is a cool game. People should make more cool games.

Tokyo Jungle was a cool game. They should make another one of those.

Mr Sony just needs to get Japan on the phone and order some new weird shit already.

Bushido Blade as well. It had its faults but was super ambitious and dare I say innovative for the time.

So listening to the latest Bombast...Jeff kind of likes a Souls game. What is happening to Giant Bomb? I'm scared.

I guess you haven't gotten to the part where he plans on doing update videos about where he is. It's great.

~~
The old games show is pretty damn good today, even the MK stuff.

Jeff REALLY hates to admit he's wrong, so saying that Bloodborne is alright is code for it's an early GOTY candidate.

Well, he never said anything wrong. He said that he didn't like how the Souls games played. He said he thought the difficulty was overblown.

Jeffs right. He's always been right.

Well, he never said anything wrong. He said that he didn't like how the Souls games played. He said he thought the difficulty was overblown.

Jeffs right. He's always been right.
He trash talked the Souls games all the time. With that said, I do agree with his assessment of Yoshi's Island. That game was bad when it came out and it's bad now.

He trash talked the Souls games all the time. With that said, I do agree with his assessment of Yoshi's Island. That game was bad when it came out and it's bad now.

I don't know about bad, but I hate all the collectible shit. There's too much of it, and you have to get it all in one go, ensuring I'll never do that ever.

Plasma

Banned
Watching Jeff play Mortal Kombat Mythology reminds me of that Batman Forever game on the Megadrive which was also a sidescroller using the MK engine, it was terrible.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I've said it since the start, but it is actually incredibly understandable why jeff would like bloodborne over the souls games. The dash and the faster attacks means that animation priority is basically negligible, which was always his hang up on the games.

So is Tested just not doing the Oktobercast in April thing they were talking about?

They have not mentioned it as of late. Don't see it magically happening next week - as they would need to promote it. And they would be competing with Big Live Live Show Live anyway. They seem to be doing a lot of trips recently too,which probably does not give them time.

And they also need Gary.

Finding time of their own to match with Gary and a bunch of other guests is probably not too easy.

Alfredo

It's weird that so much of Mortal Kombat's lore is seated in MK Mythologies: Sub-Zero, a terrible game that few people probably played.

...they should remake it.

I feel like the biggest problem is EVERYTHING is off-screen: enemies, platforms, bottomless pits, death traps...I wonder if just making the game widescreen would fix it.

Have they ever talked about the amazing Sega 3DS remasters/remakes on one of the podcasts? They should really do quick looks for those, After Burner 3D is incredible.

Salsa

Have they ever talked about the amazing Sega 3DS remasters/remakes on one of the podcasts? They should really do quick looks for those, After Burner 3D is incredible.

it's an odd omission given jeff's love for classic games

dont know if a quick look would work tho since one of the main draws is the 3D

im just bummed he doesnt seem to be playing them

Oh snap, I seen that Will Smith guy before finding out he was friends with GB. He was in some video about buying stuff with bitcoin and using an automated bitcoin machine that I watched a year ago. What a small world.

The guys who make these Best Of MPP videos on YT are reaaaaaaaaally pushing it now. MPP4 is 45 minutes combined this time.

It will never beat that time when the stick it to the man devs uploaded an entire episode of UPF cus there game was featured on that episode for 10 minutes or so.

Myggen

It will never beat that time when the stick it to the man devs uploaded an entire episode of UPF cus there game was featured on that episode for 10 minutes or so.

Heh, someone did upload the entire Mario Party Party 3 video to YT, so that's even worse. GB/CBSi took it down eventually.

Antiwhippy

They probably should just cut out the segment that has the game, but I don't think giantbomb should (or have, mind you) be bothered about game devs taking footage of their game from premium content. I sometimes feel weird about giantbomb streaming games behind a paywall without later showing it for free.

They probably should just cut out the segment that has the game, but I don't think giantbomb should (or have, mind you) be bothered about game devs taking footage of their game from premium content. I sometimes feel weird about giantbomb streaming games behind a paywall without later showing it for free.

It's not like people are watching for the games, they're watching for the personalities. Half the stuff they could probably release as just podcasts and it would probably get just as many subs going by how many times we see people saying they use it as background noise.

Antiwhippy

I know that, but the devs probably don't think of it that way. Quick looks are at least actual coverage that is available to the most amount of people, but i do wonder how devs think about their games being on like unpro and then never showing it on a quick look.

You would think that some of them would view that as giantbomb directly profiting from playing their games in front of a much more limited audience compared to a quick look. Though some games do get pretty big attention even bring shown on unpro, like gang beasts initially.

demidar

I know that, but the devs probably don't think of it that way. Quick looks are at least actual coverage that is available to the most amount of people, but i do wonder how devs think about their games being on like unpro and then never showing it on a quick look.

You would think that some of them would view that as giantbomb directly profiting from playing their games in front of a much more limited audience compared to a quick look. Though some games do get pretty big attention even bring shown on unpro, like gang beasts initially.

I felt Mount Your Friends blew up because of Giant Bomb but that could just be me seeing what I want.

Antiwhippy

Nah, I feel like that's just the weird bubble we live in. I was definitely aware of mount your friends being a thing before giantbomb.

I know that, but the devs probably don't think of it that way. Quick looks are at least actual coverage, but i do wonder how devs think about their games being on like unpro and then never showing it on a quick look.

This is why i find Nintendo on their youtube polices so stupid. And there's people that actually defend that.

Like, a video game isn't a movie. It's not a TV show. When people play it, comment on it, for other people to watch, they do it to entertain using and controlling the medium. The game is essentially a prop-And anyone who disagrees and tries to take down said content, or monetize it for themselves-like Nintendo does-is well, just wrong. Giant bomb essentially has MGS and Mario Party playthroughs behind a playwall. It helps they host their own content, and I'm sure there've been developers that disagreed with their QLs or reviews(Jeff has talked about this, about being times where they would get calls with a publisher going 'We don't this game is X outta X', and Jeff just waves it off), those devs or publishers can just suck it, pardon my American. And there's nothing wrong with that. Yeah, alot of times GB can do a QL where they play badly, but they try most of the time.

2012, but he was always in New York.

Oh, interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom