• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

I thought that after listening to the Buck Bumble theme song, it would show up on this week's Old Games Show.

That game is weird.

Got Super Star Wars though so it's not all bad.

Patryn

is Crash Bandicoot old enough to be on the old games show?

Didn't they say any game from the 20th century fits? That basically puts most everything pre-Playstation 2 as being eligible.

This is me suddenly realizing that we're in our third generation of the 21st century.

he's the sonic of the playstation 1

a72.gif

Patryn

It might conflict with whatever Nintendo has planned this year. They usually have their thing around that time.

Did they do Nintendo last year? I don't honestly recall.

Nintendo has been so odd the past few E3s.

Regardless, I highly doubt SE would schedule direct against whatever Nintendo is doing.

Did they do Nintendo last year? I don't honestly recall.

Nintendo has been so odd the past few E3s.

Regardless, I highly doubt SE would schedule direct against whatever Nintendo is doing.
Yes, they did Nintendo last year.

And yeah, S-E's thing is planned for the same time that Nintendo has done something for the last 4 or 5 years.

SummitAve

Banned
If i have any issue with the Old Games show it's that I'd like to see a non-cheat run at a game for a little while before they jump into game genie mode. Like, i would've liked to have seen how crap MKM really was because the cheat stuff makes it look alright.

Without cheats, Super Star Wars would have been a couple seconds worth of dinosaurs swooping incessantly because that game is total crap.

they really should just revive Random PC Game with Vinny and Alex
I've been rewatching all the LOLS (Load Our Last Save) recently. Here is a verbatim quote from Drew in the Halo video:

Drew Scanlon said:
This is the way I prefer to play it; on an Xbox One. You can play it on 360 with its emulation, or whatever, But this is the way....well it's more about the framerate, cause the 360 has to emulate it so it doesn't do...yeah it chugs a little bit.
Ahhh Drew if only you knew the long shadow those words cast.

I hope people complaining about MK/GTA coverage aren't Souls fans.

they seem to at least be showing some restraint with MKX this go around. Of course, that might be because MKX isn't quite as good as MK9 and it's filled to the gills with microtransactions shit. GTAV's coverage has more to do with it getting 3 separate, well spaced out releases worth checking out than anything else. Had the PC version come out when the PS4/XB1 version was released then we wouldn't be here.

Shit, they didnt even do an online heist in GTAV, i could do with at least a UPF segment to see that play out.

Scizzy

Yeah, we've hit such a dead zone for new games until Witcher 3 that hopefully they take an opportunity to go more in depth on some stuff that's gone by. Maybe have Brad or Jeff do some more with Cities XXL? Or a Brad stream of some Mario Galaxy? Or have Dan play some Pillars of Eternity (this would be either wonderful or excruciating)? Maybe a deeper dive with Drew into a working Master Chief Collection?

Lelcar

watching Brad play Star Wars is killing me

Figuring out controls isn't his strongsuit, even when he knows that certain moves already exist in the game. The strangest part for me during the video when Brad was pressing Down+Jump to slide over and over again for literally minutes and he did not even once think of pushing Forward during any of that.

Bacon

Figuring out controls isn't his strongsuit, even when he knows that certain moves already exist in the game. The strangest part for me during the video when Brad was pressing Down+Jump to slide over and over again for literally minutes and he did not even once think of pushing Forward during any of that.

yeah that was some amazing shit

Patryn

Yeah, we've hit such a dead zone for new games until Witcher 3 that hopefully they take an opportunity to go more in depth on some stuff that's gone by. Maybe have Brad or Jeff do some more with Cities XXL? Or a Brad stream of some Mario Galaxy? Or have Dan play some Pillars of Eternity (this would be either wonderful or excruciating)? Maybe a deeper dive with Drew into a working Master Chief Collection?

That would be terrible. I don't think Dan would enjoy it, I don't think Infinity Engine(-style) games really play well on a video like that, and the people who do like Pillars of Eternity will likely just be annoyed by Dan hating on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom