• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
that was a pretty good little video though. just giving little tips about endurance regen and world changes that Jeff may have overlooked

there's actually a ton of little things you can totally overlook even if you're being pretty vigilant

also the doll NEVER moved in my game, but she was asleep like 80% of the time

Megasoum

Banned
Why do Brad keep saying that the time of day changing is a new thing that was never done before in a souls game when it was right there in Dark Souls?

Lelcar

On the two most recent Quick Looks, I learned:

- Jeff never uses grenades in Gears of War, not even to seal holes.

- Vinny has been trying to put together a Robotron cabinet for years and years now and has eBay alerts for Robotron ROMs.

Bacon

Why do Brad keep saying that the time of day changing is a new thing that was never done before in a souls game when it was right there in Dark Souls?

Wasn't that an optional thing in dark souls? Maybe he just didn't do it and didn't know about it.

Because that was an optional change to a single area? And not a transition through several states that occurred across most areas as the game progressed?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
On the two most recent Quick Looks, I learned:

- Jeff never uses grenades in Gears of War, not even to seal holes.

- Vinny has been trying to put together a Robotron cabinet for years and years now and has eBay alerts for Robotron ROMs.

Didn't he say he was looking for a Robotron cocktail (or was it a cabaret)? The PCB itself shouldn't be terribly difficult to find.

Myggen

Is it just me or can Jason sound pretty patronizing at times?

Has the backlash begun?! I'm kidding. No, haven't noticed any of that. Aside from him and Dan, but that's just in good fun between friends.

Also, question from Jeff's Tumblr:

jaldota asked:Guns & Roses was always trash, yall are just viewing them through your generational blinders. They are just as trash as modern music that 2010 teens will think was legendary in 20 years, like skrillex, blink 182, or one direction. That guy from ign who gave God Hand a 3/10 actually should have been fired.

That last sentence seems completely random.

tchocky

Has the backlash begun?! I'm kidding. No, haven't noticed any of that. Aside from him and Dan, but that's just in good fun between friends.

He does it a bit with Brad as well I noticed it in the Dark Souls 2 ql and in kind of in today's Bloodborne with the "is that how you play the game back tracking and slowly leveling".

Anyone have issues with older videos refusing to load sometimes? Been trying to watch some stuff I've not seen (Load Our Last Souls, Deadly Premonition ER) and after clicking play the video will just stay black. Sometimes have to reload 4-5 times to get it to play or just try again at a different time.

Myggen

Anyone have issues with older videos refusing to load sometimes? Been trying to watch some stuff I've not seen (Load Our Last Souls, Deadly Premonition ER) and after clicking play the video will just stay black. Sometimes have to reload 4-5 times to get it to play or just try again at a different time.

No, but it's a known issue that the player can be slow at times for some people. Seems bizarre if it's only older videos for you though, can't see any reason for it to be different compared to newer videos.

No, but it's a known issue that the player can be slow at times for some people. Seems bizarre if it's only older videos for you though, can't see any reason for it to be different compared to newer videos.

I've mostly been watching older videos since I want to finish these series up so I haven't watched enough newer videos to notice it as much.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Whenever they talk about Bloodborne, Jason always sounds like an inch away from saying he likes Dark Souls 2 more.

I don't know about this guy anymore.

The fact that he prefers the better game only goes to show he's a good guy

:3

Jesus like I know this whole hire ___ thing is ya'll's thing but can you give it a rest already? You're going to find out soon.

Sorry to be that guy but gosh is it ever irksome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom