• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
my main Dan related criticism is actually how completely he disengages from any topic he isn't already super invested in on the Bombcast. Sometimes he speaks and its kind of startling, like, oh, Dan's on this podcast... right
Yeah, both Dan and Drew are really quiet on the bombcast, at times it just feels like a 2 man podcast.

danm999

Come on, there wasn't anything to be angry about until you all followed up on it.
Giant Bomb is certainly different today and that sucks for you if you don't like it anymore. Not hard to relate.

Sure. Where I think you can come undone is when you begin bemoaning people still liking content coming from the site as "saddening".

Bacon

my main Dan related criticism is actually how completely he disengages from any topic he isn't already super invested in on the Bombcast. Sometimes he speaks and its kind of startling, like, oh, Dan's on this podcast... right

Yeah he might as well be taking a nap during the news portion of the podcast.

Scizzy

I'm pretty sure that Jeff goes out of his way to interject random wrestling references to perk Dan up in the third hour.

I'm oddly more excited for a full Bombcast this week than I am for BLLSL, but that's probably because I just don't know what to expect on BLLSL.

Edit: Actually after thinking about it I can see Drew, Jason and Vinny sitting out of the podcast for set up perposes.

I thought Jason was pretty good at staying in the loop.
Yeah, the recent bombcasts that have had Rorie or Jason in have been far more lively. It reminds me of older bombcasts with sleepy Brad, but even then Brad was more involved than Dan and Drew currently are.

DuffDry

Sorry if this has been asked already, but does anyone know whether the Big Live Live Show will be archived? I have a final paper due Wednesday and probably won't get to watch any of it.

Wunder

Sorry if this has been asked already, but does anyone know whether the Big Live Live Show will be archived? I have a final paper due Wednesday and probably won't get to watch any of it.

Nope! They're going live and ditching the archives so fuck your paper and watch it

Scizzy

To be fair to Dan and Drew, that Brad and Jeff are able to hold an interesting conversation on almost every video game topic is something we take for granted because we've listened to the Bombcast forever, but it's a pretty amazing skill they've developed.

Quenk

They archived the previous ones so it's pretty much a guarantee that they'll archive this one.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Which is why I said that 5 man podcasts can work. It worked when there were far more outgoing personalities in Jeff, Vinny, Ryan and Patrick together.

To be fair on Dan from what I've gathered he was actually out of the room to attend to other businesses for most of the last podcast.

Which is why I said that 5 man podcasts can work. It worked when there were far more outgoing personalities in Jeff, Vinny, Ryan and Patrick together.

To be fair on Dan from what I've gathered he was actually out of the room to attend to other businesses for most of the last podcast.
A 5 man podcast can totally work but right now the choices for a fifth would be Jason or Rorie. Rorie doesn't actually work for giantbomb which likely makes it tough for him to commit to a 3 hour podcast everyweek and having Jason on means that no one is doing video stuff.

Yeah, Dan was especially quiet last week as he was barely there, but he's still generally pretty quiet.

Speaking of the podcast I wonder what the plans are for the GBeast podcast once it eventually happens. Are they going to just go over the news again and talk about the same games? I know most of us wouldn't mind that, but I have a feeling Jeff and the rest may see that as redundant and maybe want to do something different with it. Maybe make both podcasts shorter(maybe 2 hours each) and cover different aspects of the current bombcast?

I'm interested to see what they do.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Speaking of the podcast I wonder what the plans are for the GBeast podcast once it eventually happens. Are they going to just go over the news again and talk about the same games? I know most of us wouldn't mind that, but I have a feeling Jeff and the rest may see that as redundant and maybe want to do something different with it. Maybe make both podcasts shorter(maybe 2 hours each) and cover different aspects of the current bombcast?

I'd be perfectly fine if it was just Vinny, Alex and X talking about the games they played. Or, you know, just Vinny talking about things.

He seems more chipper with Jason there, so maybe he needs someone more familiar to play off?
Yeah that might help, also Jason is more chatty than Drew so that might encourage Dan to chat more.

It'll likely be similar to Bombing in the AM. The Beastcast can cover news that the main bombcast misses and then offer their own views on the bigger news. I also doubt that they'll avoid talking about the same games.

Myggen

Vinny (and/or Jeff) talked a while ago about them not wanting to do another Bombcast, so they'll go with a different kind of format for sure.

I think they talked about this briefly on the PAX East panel, but I might be misremembering the venue.

Yeah, both Dan and Drew are really quiet on the bombcast, at times it just feels like a 2 man podcast.

Yeah, Dan was especially quiet last week as he was barely there, but he's still generally pretty quiet.

I think Dan has been much better in that regard the last month or so. He was quieter than ever on the last Bombcast, but going by his Tumblr he was dealing with some serious anxiety issues during the recording of that one, which was the reason why he left the room a couple of times. So I won't be too down on him for that one!

From his Tumblr:

Question: You ok, man? With the bombcast and UPF (you seemed kind of "low"), I get the sense that the last few days have been rough for you. Hope things are good!

Answer: Anxiety has a tendency to come and go as it pleases, without much reason as to why. Last week was one of the rougher ones I’ve had in a while, but I always bounce back. Feeling great today after a long run.

Renpatsu

If the GBeastcast doesn't eventually instigate heated East Coast–West Coast feuds between the crews then they've failed in my book.

That's what I thought. Either the dive off the truck had sapped a bit out of him, or Dan was just having a down day. I also get a weird feeling that he still isn't entirely used to the podcast thing despite him doing it for a while.

skynidas

Banned
Big Live Love Show tonight. :)

Can't wait.

rue1t.gif

Myggen

I've made the BLLSL thread now, so it's going up an hour or so before the stream starts on Wednesday. Gonna be a shitty work day on Thursday.

daydream

Banned
it's fun in a "i'm going to embed this in a wall" kind of way

I don't have the time or inclination to learn the courses but man mastery would probably be pretty great

i mean, some guy on youtube got really good at bubsy 3d, that's hardly an argument

whoever thought braking in mario kart should be a thing, deserves a slap in the face

(a gentle one since he probably also worked on the tracks and such which are executed beautifully, as always)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom