• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is $12 that good? Seems pretty standard to me.
16 courses for 12 dollars is an incredible value given the game launched at 60 with 32 courses.
Also, they're totally doing character DLC for Smash (Mewtwo, Lucas) but you know, let's just be happy they did the QL.
Fair enough but it's always been a frustrating thing on the site for me. Really not hard to do some basic fact checking but oh well!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
are you talking about the price for the MK8 DLC?

Well, the main game comes with 32 Tracks, 16 new ones and 16 remade ones.

The DLC comes with 16 Tracks, also a mix of old and new.

So you're getting basically half a game's worth of tracks for $12 and that's not counting the extra characters and skins and vehicles.

So yeah, if you're a Mario Kart fan then it's an excellent deal on DLC.

I guess I'm not entirely sure how racing games normally value their downloadable content, seeing that I don't really play racing games.

daydream

Banned
Is $12 that good? Seems pretty standard to me.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/212480/

Total of $9,59 for three characters (+ cars) and a track.

MK8 DLC gets you 16 tracks, six characters and a plethora of vehicles for $12.

Fair enough but it's always been a frustrating thing on the site for me. Really not hard to do some basic fact checking but oh well!

Like I said, I'm with you, but I also know my GB. Oh well, indeed!

I guess I'm not entirely how racing games normally value their downloadable content, seeing that I don't really play racing games.

half of a fully priced retail game's content for $12 is a bargain regardless of the genre. The only exception would be if the retail game was barebones, like a Destiny or something. Then the DLC just feels exploitative.

But in the case of MK8, it was a fully featured game in regards to content
well, with the exception that they totally fucked up Battle Mode
and then you could buy +50% more content for $12. I never buy a season pass or DLC unless it's on sale and i bought this day one, it was that good of a deal

for some reason it just feels wrong for me to have to pay for a character that was in the previous game, like dry bowser or any of the returning smash bros characters

Antiwhippy

half of a fully priced retail game's content for $12 is a bargain regardless of the genre. The only exception would be if the retail game was barebones, like a Destiny or something. Then the DLC just feels exploitative.

But in the case of MK8, it was a fully featured game in regards to content
well, with the exception that they totally fucked up Battle Mode
and then you could buy +50% more content for $12. I never buy a season pass or DLC unless it's on sale and i bought this day one, it was that good of a deal

That's the thing though, I don't really like these games so I just see it in terms of pure assets instead of a value to a fan. Like, from what I've looked in term of pure assets it seems about on par with borderlands 2 DLC stuff, but I'm going to run through that zone once while people are going to be racing on repeat.

I love how Alex doesn't recall the big Nintendo direct news where they announced massive plans for Smash Bros DLC, but does recall the Gaf/kotaku/whatever leak of extra character slots in the 3DS version.

random thing from 5/2/2011 podcast:

the best thing to come out of the FEAR series is jeff talking about video games being in the spotlight again due to them being bad for the childrens and him trying to sell the supreme court on the need for more censorship.

"My child tried to force himself on a ghost!" makes me laugh every time.

random thing from 5/2/2011 podcast:

the best thing to come out of the FEAR series is jeff talking about video games being in the spotlight again due to them being bad for the childrens and him trying to sell the supreme court on the need for more censorship.

"My child tried to force himself on a ghost!" makes me laugh every time.

The best thing to come out of the FEAR series is that first game because holy shit it's one of the best FPS games ever made

This man know.

okay so my dream game is now SSX 3 gameplay but with jumps giving you a speed boost depending on how big it was, and tricks giving you cash to buy power-ups that spawn on the course

okay so my dream game is now SSX 3 gameplay but with jumps giving you a speed boost depending on how big it was, and tricks giving you cash to buy power-ups that spawn on the course

oh you motherfucker i never knew how much i needed that

Can you imagine starting from the top of a giant ass mountain with nothing but your giant nose and poofy snowsuit

oh you motherfucker i never knew how much i needed that

Can you imagine starting from the top of a giant ass mountain with nothing but your giant nose and poofy snowsuit

and then you start pulling off tricks so motherfucking dope that RUN-DMC starts playing in the background and then all of a sudden you are literally breakdancing on top of your snowboard

Bacon

Of course Jeff has a Sling TV subscription in addition to his cable subscription. Of course he does. I think Jeff may have the most service subscriptions of any man in America.

Antiwhippy

Eh, I feel like this is how valve operates. They don't really know how the market would react so they just throw shit out and see what sticks.

Tucah

you speak so well
I hope they do this on the way to E3 this year. Last year's Mixlr was cool, but video makes it even cooler.

I could see there being some Periscope of the drive, especially if Danny joins him again this year since that man seems to really like Periscope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom