• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelcar

Vinny's glasses, current level of facial hair, and v-neck t-shirt in that mailbag video makes him look like a hip cool kid.

Cool to see everyone east and west standing around together. It makes it much more apparent how tall Jason is over everybody in a POV perspective.

popo

Oh no, these potato chips are a day past expiration. Better throw them out, lest we get sick. Now who wants to get burritos from a random food truck for lunch?

I think we could goad dan into doing it though.
He's like that kid in elemetary school that would eat the weird shit if you gave him your fruit snacks

Two locks for Wednesday. There will be no nuggs nor indoor archery. Not after last time.

kvk1

holy shit vinny mailbag

happytears.gif

Myggen

Ha they might be recording it right now. Will love to hear them talk about this for like 20 mins and then get a breaking news update making their previous talk redundant.

Seeing as Alex was active on Twitter until about 40 minutes ago, if they're recording today they probably didn't start until recently. So as long as they catch it before the news section they should be okay.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It'd be great if they take a break after and somebody in the office but not recording has to tell them.

Even better if that happens when somebrady tries to take a stealth break and has to admit he left the room afterwards.

Watching the Mario Party 9 UPF is worth it just three minutes in.

"I don't wanna play Mario party for a long time"

Sorry, Jeff. Some wishes weren't meant to be granted.

Myggen

I was just thinking the other day that Kotaku, that I started visiting again after Kleptoks move, had improved a lot recently and then I see this on the front page.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/04/27/wild-theory-blood-bloodborne-actually-comes

shoot me now

Well, due to the Gawker requirements of x articles an hour, you'll have to take the good with the clickbait-y and the really bad. The good Kotaku articles are linked to NeoGAF, so I get what I want here. The rest of Kotaku is mostly "look what I found on the internet" (which that article is a good example of), which I get enough of browsing Reddit.

Most of the articles that gets posted here are by Jason Schreier. That man is a machine.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Yeah when people say Kotaku is better, they generally mean "If you wade through the river of shit, you might find a pearl" and not that the average post Kotaku makes is actually in any way worthwhile.

Renpatsu

I was just thinking the other day that Kotaku, that I started visiting again after Kleptoks move, had improved a lot recently and then I see this on the front page.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/04/27/wild-theory-blood-bloodborne-actually-comes

shoot me now
I mean, given the content and style of the game that's not even that far-fetched. Throughout history there are numerous instances of people imbibing or ingesting objectionable substances for some perceived effect. Why the chagrin?

Jintor

Patricia always brings the quality articles.

She does have a few articles out there that are legit interesting - she's really interested in alternative playstyles which I find fascinating.

Generally I find all Kotaku writers, even the ones I like, fall victim to the inescapable churn of having to shit out x articles per day so they can get paid to work on the ones they actually care about.

I think there's total credibility to the thought that some of the blood in the game is menstrual but as far as I've read into it so far it seems to be a much more all-encompassing obsession with blood than just one type

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
How did they get Dan so well, and then Old Drew...

Isn't it a fair guess that there are already pictures of Dan posing as every Metal Gear character from every significant Metal Gear poster made? It's got to just be a matter of finding the right one and pasting it in.

popo

So why are paid mods for Skyrim a bad idea?

For Valve? 'cause they generated a ton of bad PR. Hence the quick U turn.

Because most men find periods gross and don't like to think about it because it makes them uncomfortable. There's nothing questionable in that article.

Come now. Menstruation might be natural but being grossed out by the consumption of its by products is hardly women hating.

It is no more or less objectionable than

"Fan Theory : Bioshock Vigors are the distilled essence of Comstocks Jizz" or

"Fan Theory : Final Fantasy health potions are made by fermenting Chocobo urine
(if you have tasted one then then is totally believable)
".

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So why are paid mods for Skyrim a bad idea?

Plenty of arguments to be found in other threads, but a quick recap of my concerns in no particular order:

-I don't like encouraging unfinished games being sold with the justification that they can just make more money later if people mod the games. Bethesda is already comfortable enough releasing buggy ass games. They shouldn't be rewarded further when somebody else steps up to fix their mistakes.

-The modders, who are doing the largest share of the work on any given mod, got the smallest share of the money.

-It was released into an already healthy mod community that had been built up as a free resource for the game.

And, a more minor issue because it's just a slippery slope argument but it's all sorts of relevant given who is involved:

"It's only horse armor vote with your wallet and nobody will ever release more DLC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom