• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainmaker

Banned
I hope someone there watches those PWG DVD's. I've talked myself out of sending them some a lot. 2011 was fun. 2012-2013 PWG was INCREDIBLE. 2014 was an off year for the most part but this year has been looking good so far.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I think I'm a month behind on bombcasts. I used to listen to completion the day I downloaded them

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's been said a dozen times before, but it needs to be said again. Mario Kart 8 a good looking game. Always impresses me when I've spent some time away from it and come back and see stuff like the new QL.

Dany

Banned
It's been said a dozen times before, but it needs to be said again. Mario Kart 8 a good looking game. Always impresses me when I've spent some time away from it and come back and see stuff like the new QL.

Incredible shame that Vinny was so dismissive of it.

popo

Anyone have the link to this? I remember the song being terrible

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/481965584629133313

Looks like they deleted my favourite user comment which referred to, I assume Alex, as "one pale ass nosferatu looking muthafucka".

This one survived though

Moe "Extra Syzzle" Syzlack • 10 months ago
"What was with the press conference scene with the two awkward white guys?

Word Moe, word.

I hope someone there watches those PWG DVD's. I've talked myself out of sending them some a lot. 2011 was fun. 2012-2013 PWG was INCREDIBLE. 2014 was an off year for the most part but this year has been looking good so far.

PAWG DVDs? Jeff strikes me more as a BBW man.

So like Mortal Kombat. or Far Cry.

well, while the gameplay may not have evolved much between releases, both games feature a completely new narrative to at least make the treadmill more entertaining.

MK8 is just the cups and the online play, hell they fucked up Battle Mode in MK8 so it doesn't even lend itself well as a good 4 player couch coop game. I can understand why someone would not be about MK8, if my GF wasn't about it I probably wouldn't even bother with it myself. And this is coming from someone who really likes MK8 and thinks that what nintendo did with the DLC for that game deserves praise for its cost to content ratio.

well, while the gameplay may not have evolved much between releases, both games feature a completely new narratives to at least make the treadmill more entertaining.

MK8 features new track elements and items, including something that negates a blue shell, which is fucking huge for the series.

So if it's story you're looking for, Mario Kart was not the series to get in to.

MK8 features new track elements and items, including something that negates a blue shell, which is fucking huge for the series.

So if it's story you're looking for, Mario Kart was not the series to get in to.

I'm not, i was just replying directly to Data West's examples. I know what MK has in store for me before i buy it, it's a quality kart racer but an extremely iterative one, too. It's ok for someone to say that MK8 is good but they might not be interested in it, I can relate given that it's not bringing much new to the table. It's good, but it's nothing new really.

I'm not, i was just replying directly to Data West's examples. I know what MK has in store for me before i buy it, it's a quality kart racer but an extremely iterative one, too. It's ok for someone to say that MK8 is good but they might not be interested in it, I can relate given that it's not bringing much new to the table. It's good, but it's nothing new really.

Ah, got you.

BearPawB

Banned
MK8 is fine, but...dull.
I don't know.

It's a good game.
It's fun.
I played it for a week.

But I find that to be true for more and more games as I age, and as i just go "i'd rather play dota/wow/something i'm more invested in"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like I know we joke about all Ubisoft games feeling the same, but Far Cry 4 REALLY felt like 'Far Cry 3 in another country' to me. Even the AC games have had more gimmicks put in to try to keep it slightly different than the last.

Eh, then again, I'm not sure if I want to play with those gameplay systems again even though I did enjoy it.

I was in the same boat as Jeff. I had enough in me to want to spend some more time with that style of game, as long as I didn't have to put up with abject bullshit to do so. I think after 4 I'm good. it satisfied that desire, probably for a good long time.

I'd play Blood Dragon 2 though.

Tucah

you speak so well
I was in the same boat as Jeff. I had enough in me to want to spend some more time with that style of game, as long as I didn't have to put up with abject bullshit to do so. I think after 4 I'm good. it satisfied that desire, probably for a good long time.

I'd play Blood Dragon 2 though.

I skipped out on 4 (but I'll probably pick it up eventually), but what I really want from the FC series is another crazy setting diversion like Blood Dragon. The settings of the main games are fine but BD was super cool and unique.

I skipped out on 4 (but I'll probably pick it up eventually), but what I really want from the FC series is another crazy setting diversion like Blood Dragon. The settings of the main games are fine but BD was super cool and unique.

there was one thing that made almost that entire game for me. they left in the "death from above" attack, but you could jump like 30 feet in the air so I spent the entire game trying to divebomb as many people as possible

man that was fun

I don't think I can deal with another of the same Far Cry formula. I couldn't even bring myself to play any of the story missions of 4 past the first few. The game mechanics and world were still fun enough to play 20 hours or so, but maybe a half hour of that was ever spent on the story.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I generally find the 'nature' setting in video games to be extremely boring. I mean they're usually beautiful aesthetically, but the devs never do anything interesting with animals to make a jungle or a savana or whatever. They just walk around. They don't hunt, they don't travel in packs, they just walk around their disclosed area so there's rarely anything but shallow scenery to excite the eyes to me. Even Red Dead did this by having stuff like random travelers, herds of animals moving across the plains, bits of civilization, insane weather effects and so on.

It's a big reason why I find Just Cause 2's world so incredibly boring.

I don't think I can deal with another of the same Far Cry formula. I couldn't even bring myself to play any of the story missions of 4 past the first few. The game mechanics and world were still fun enough to play 20 hours or so, but maybe a half hour of that was ever spent on the story.

You mean the Ubisoft formula. First person or third person or in a fucking car, they really need to do something different with the systems between their games.

Far Cry 3 was my first Far Cry game and I had enough of a fill to not be interested in buying 4, even though there are good things said about it.

You mean the Ubisoft formula. First person or third person or in a fucking car, they really need to do something different with the systems between their games.

I only assocciate it with Far Cry because it may be the only Ubisoft game outside of Rayman that I've played in a long time. At least from what I can think of.

DP is a game that everyone should hate, a broken mess in some cases, but it somehow made it through as a cult hit and is actually a lot of fun to play.

tumblr_n71j8srZUu1ssz1e3o1_400.gif

Eh, not sure if I want a linear STALKER.
Neither do I, I just think that the metro games have a very similar atmosphere to the STALKER series and I think that the metro team could do some really cool stuff in a big open environment based on the stuff they've done with their linear titles.

Neither do I, I just think that the metro games have a very similar atmosphere to the STALKER series and I think that the metro team could do some really cool stuff in a big open environment based on the stuff they've done with their linear titles.

you jokin', right? The company was formed in Kyiv, Ukraine in 2005 and started developing software in 13 February 2006. It was founded by former employees of GSC Game World a year before that company released its flagship title, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl.

they already did what you wanted them to do, hah.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Haha, yeah, basically.

Also, speaking of weird japanese games that aren't fun to play, playing through killer is dead right now and while the combat is just ok to mediocre, I'd say that the styyyyyyyyyyle and nonsensical story is pretty entertaining.

Haha, yeah, basically.

Also, speaking of weird japanese games that aren't fun to play, playing through killer is dead right now and while the combat is just ok to mediocre, I'd say that the styyyyyyyyyyle and nonsensical story is pretty entertaining.

Game's fucking weird and the plot makes no sense at all but watch me do these sick sword combos with my giant robo arm.

Is Patrick flying over there?

who.gif

I'll watch some Kepklok stuff when he covers some horror games later in the year. I miss him as the main horror/VN guy, though given that Jason owns Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus maybe he'll be the new VN guy

I mean he would bring attention to some indie games but now they are coming out on PC and he really didn't pay attention to the scene on the site until a fan sent him a pc.

I was just remembering this when someone yesterday was complaining about a mailbag where they sent Dan $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom