• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn, brad couldn't hold off another week before spoiling parts of Broken Age part 1? Some people have been holding off for the whole damn thing to come out, there wasn't any need for him to get into it when no one on the podcast was pushing him to give us those details.

I usually don't care much for game spoilers but this irked me.

I just noticed Jefflr notifications had been demoted to my spam folder.

UpDRYsG.png

Jeff surrounded by the other spam amuses me.

popo

damn, brad couldn't hold off another week before spoiling parts of Broken Age part 1? Some people have been holding off for the whole damn thing to come out, there wasn't any need for him to get into it when no one on the podcast was pushing him to give us those details.

He noted the timestamp in the new fangled show notes section. I just skipped ahead 2 minutes and was not spoiled.

Oh no Will's hairline.

It is about the same as it was 5 years ago. He just stopped combing it forward and went with that weird side part.

I think Will might be one of those guys who have a widows peak/bald spot in their thirties and stay like that until they are fifty or more. Rather than Vinny who went from receding to full on Bruce Willis within a few years.

tchocky

I want Tim Rogers as the new hire just to see the reaction to his first article/novel which was always fun in the Kotaku comments.

popo

Salty Rudds spotted in the bombcast thread.

They talk a bit about the later stuff in Interstellar, but seriously fuck Interstellar.

Nothing else is talked about it depth as far as I remember

It is pretty general. I have not seen the film and all I learnt was that there is an uncredited cameo (and Jeff thought it was dumb).

M3z_

The show notes on the website state that those spoilers were going to happen, there is even a timestamp.

The show notes on the website state that those spoilers were going to happen, there is even a timestamp.
I don't check the website for that stuff, I download the podcast onto my phone using an app and just hit play. He didn't even throw a spoiler alert before it, it seemed like he wasn't going to say anything and then went all in.

Least a brah can do is throw a damn alert and given me a chance to jump 15 seconds ahead.

Myggen

It's not a very safe spoilers for people only using podcast app, iTunes etc. to listen. No reason to complain if you've seen the timestamp, but otherwise maybe a bit more. I doubt care about spoilers in general, but I can see how some people would think that that wasn't really needed.

But for Broken Age that twist is neat, but only a tiny part of the game. Shouldn't take away any enjoyment to know what it is.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Yo, I'm gonna spoil Act 2 for all of you: It is not very good. It's actually kinda bad.

I was totally on board with Destiny on PC for a long time before release. I had a Google alert set up for it and everything. Now having seen so very much of the game, if it came out on PC with all the DLC for $20 tomorrow, I wouldn't buy it.

And we get it, guys, you didn't like Interstellar and you really want people to know.

I was totally on board with Destiny on PC for a long time before release. I had a Google alert set up for it and everything. Now having seen so very much of the game, if it came out on PC with all the DLC for $20 tomorrow, I wouldn't buy it.

And we get it, guys, you didn't like Interstellar and you really want people to know.

Hey, Destiny is fun! It's like the Pokemon of shooting games. Gotta Collect 'Em all!

Hey don't get me wrong, Destiny seems like a well-made game that some people enjoyed thoroughly. But it's not at all the game they pretended it was going to be, and it's definitely not a game I have any interest in playing.

I got a fancy new 4K tv as my old Vizio finally bit the bullet and had been testing out my destkop via the PC mode(10 bit color panel so that's great!) and forgot to set the PS4 to game mode and my lord the horror. Bloodborne's erratic framerate with terrible motion smoothing came together to create one of the weirdest and most nauseating things I've ever seen.

Love for all gaming systems though!

who is this?
http://kotaku.com/tag/tim-rogers
If you have a few hours here are some of his Kotaku articles.He is a games journalist/ developer. Be warned: brevity is not his strong point. Also, as I mentioned a few posts up I find him insufferable. Though that doesn't mean he cant make an ok game as I did find Ziggurat enjoyable enough. Hopefully Videoball is worth it.
Edit- Just thought I would highlight the article he wrote on fashion.....
http://kotaku.com/5843886/i-got-my-fashion-sense-from-video-games-and-you-can-too

Zebetite

Banned
who is this?

Tim Rogers is a national treasure. I make this declarative statement despite not living in the United States, and thus having no right to declare anyone a national treasure of the United States of America.

In the mid-to-late 2000s, Tim was a prolific (and divisive) game writer fella who wrote a series of essays about video games (many of which are now hard to find) which would frequently include anecdotes from his impossibly-interesting life, as well as many game reviews for a site of his own making (alongside a handful of other writers, Tim hasn't actually written reviews for this site for a while so you gotta dig a bit for his), actionbutton.net. He also occasionally did freelance writing for many traditional publications, including a series of Kotaku articles that earned him some degree of notoriety (due to their verbosity and propensity for seemingly-unrelated tangents) back in the heady days when people actually read Kotaku. He did a lot of this while living and working within the Japanese game industry, having spent some time at Grasshopper Manufacture as well as (I think), SCEJ.

Lately he's transitioned into an indie dev role, turning out ZiGGURAT (iOS), Ten By Eight (PS Mobile), Tuffi the Corgi and the Tower of Bones (PS Mobile), and currently is working on the mother of all "Minimalist eSports," VIDEOBALL. He also cuts excellent video promos for his games as well as anyone else who wishes to enlist his services.

To check the videos, http://actionbutton.com/video/
To look for his game reviews, http://www.actionbutton.net/?page_id=175

Lastly, a couple of his non-review essays,
http://archives.insertcredit.com/features/dreaming2/
http://insertcredit.com/2011/09/22/who-killed-videogames-a-ghost-story/

EDIT: Lastly lastly, a piece one Cara Ellison wrote on him, http://embedwith.tumblr.com/post/81279812167/embed-with-tim-rogers

danm999

Yeah. And I really don't get. The more I think about the game the worse it gets.
Forget the puzzles, the story in Act 2 is really, really, really awful. And I mean REALLY awful. Nothing makes sense. At least to me. Maybe I'm the dummy.

Yeah really bummed to hear this. I hadn't cracked open the second part of this game yet but it's really dropping fast on my backlog list hearing how mediocre it sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom