• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be arriving at the San Francisco International Airport tomorrow morning and taking the BART to Montgomery St. for the BLLSL afterparty.

I'll have about five hours to kill and was wondering if anyone from the area had any recommendations as to stuff I could check out while waiting for it to begin. I don't want to get too far from CBS Interactive. One place I saw was the Cartoon Art Museum. Any recommendations as to food or other places I should see? Anyone else from here going?

Jintor

so i forgot to take into account actual time difference and now i'm disappointed the japanese public holiday today is... before the bllsl.

we getting a seperate thread for it at least?

I highly doubt he was disrespected in Iceland for being American unless he did something to provoke someone. Is there a video/podcast/story?

Edit: I found the video and damn, 6 mins in and this is so much bullshit.

Edit 2: If he's anything like this in real life as he his in this video I'm not shock at all people would be rude to him

Colin's a libertarian from Long Island, which is in terms of attitude, is not the best combination. So, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he thought he was just being normal, which was though of asshole-ish by the fine people of Iceland.

Or ya' know, he tried to explain to them why it was overregulation that almost drove their country into bankruptcy. :)

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'll be arriving at the San Francisco International Airport tomorrow morning and taking the BART to Montgomery St. for the BLLSL afterparty.

I'll have about five hours to kill and was wondering if anyone from the area had any recommendations as to stuff I could check out while waiting for it to begin. I don't want to get too far from CBS Interactive. One place I saw was the Cartoon Art Museum. Any recommendations as to food or other places I should see? Anyone else from here going?

Sushiritto is actually right down the street from the Cartoon Art Museum. You could also get some free internet to watch some of the BLLSL at the starbucks across the street from Sushiritto.

ever want to have a sushi roll the size of a burrito?

now you can! You can also check out Jeffrey's Toys before it shuts down for good (an institutional, family run to store in San Franisco for decades now), kill some time seeing a movie at the Metreon or Century (around 6th st.)

Head to the ferry building for a while and try out all their specialty foods. it's about a 20 minute walk or so from the CBS building.

head towards the AT&T ball park and stop by the 21st Amendment brewery/restaurant. 30 minute walk. There's also a bowling alley near there.

If Vinny lurks this thread, he needs to know this: THERE IS A NEW DRAGONBALL Z SERIES BEING MADE! IT IS CALLED DRAGONBALL Z SUPER. It's brand new, not a remake or anything.

GBGAF, see to it that Vinny is made aware.

Mully

Considering how green the SF production team is to BLLSL's I'm going to assume we'll see a lot of on the couch and gaming segments tomorrow. That said, I wouldn't be surprised for some avant-garde shit considering how much time there was between conception and production of this particular Big Live Live Show Live.

I somehow doubt I'll be able to keep up with all of the events of tomorrow. I feel kind of bad knowing I'll be missing out on most of the BLLS. Not that I want to miss out on it, but procedures are what they are. I just hope the anesthesia wears off quick so I can catch a caltrain up to the after party.

Anyone looking forward to anything big happening tomorrow? A live kinect quicklook?

Jothel

so i forgot to take into account actual time difference and now i'm disappointed the japanese public holiday today is... before the bllsl.

we getting a seperate thread for it at least?

Yep! I was super happy for a bit and then realised... bugger

Mully

I somehow doubt I'll be able to keep up with all of the events of tomorrow. I feel kind of bad knowing I'll be missing out on most of the BLLS. Not that I want to miss out on it, but procedures are what they are. I just hope the anesthesia wears off quick so I can catch a caltrain up to the after party.

Anyone looking forward to anything big happening tomorrow? A live kinect quicklook?

Anesthesia? Do you mind me asking what you're going under the knife for?

Is it just me or is it the same for everyone, I have no options on Subscription Management on the site apart from Cancel Subscription, I can't even see when my sub is due to expire -_-

Myggen

Is it just me or is it the same for everyone, I have no options on Subscription Management on the site apart from Cancel Subscription, I can't even see when my sub is due to expire -_-

That will be up again when the sale goes live, been down for a while since they've migrated management of the subscription service to a third party.

Anesthesia? Do you mind me asking what you're going under the knife for?
I'm going under to have my temporary stent removed/replaced due to a stricture in my biliary system. It's a common ERCP fine needle procedure. I almost didn't make it home from PAX south before I was hospitalized. Fun times surrounding me and giantbomb events! I wouldn't have known about my gallbladder if I didn't go to a hood slam event, that led to surgergical removal. Then after I healed up I drove to PAX south from the bay since I couldn't fly only to end up in the hospital for the stricture. Maybe I should just stick to listening to the podcast.

I'm so excited for tomorrow! I've got the day off and a few projects around the house that I can work on. Just gonna have the show on in the background and get some stuff done!

Myggen

I'm going under to have my temporary stent removed/replaced due to a stricture in my biliary system. It's a common ERCP fine needle procedure. I almost didn't make it home from PAX south before I was hospitalized. Fun times surrounding me and giantbomb events! I wouldn't have known about my gallbladder if I didn't go to a hood slam event, that led to surgergical removal. Then after I healed up I drove to PAX south from the bay since I couldn't fly only to end up in the hospital for the stricture. Maybe I should just stick to listening to the podcast.

Good luck duder!

Sushiritto is actually right down the street from the Cartoon Art Museum. You could also get some free internet to watch some of the BLLSL at the starbucks across the street from Sushiritto.

ever want to have a sushi roll the size of a burrito?

now you can! You can also check out Jeffrey's Toys before it shuts down for good (an institutional, family run to store in San Franisco for decades now), kill some time seeing a movie at the Metreon or Century (around 6th st.)

Head to the ferry building for a while and try out all their specialty foods. it's about a 20 minute walk or so from the CBS building.

head towards the AT&T ball park and stop by the 21st Amendment brewery/restaurant. 30 minute walk. There's also a bowling alley near there.

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like I'll have plenty to do.

dogflaps

Banned
This isn't really GB related but you guys are friendly and I can't find information on the subject anywhere...

When can I start making threads? I assume it's something to do with post count but I've made 180 and still nothing...

Jintor

This isn't really GB related but you guys are friendly and I can't find information on the subject anywhere...

When can I start making threads? I assume it's something to do with post count but I've made 180 and still nothing...

I think it ticks over at 300 or so

I freely advise you do not abuse this privilege because there are a number of users here who are forever juniored.

or just gone

rip bankai

Myggen

You need to become a Member to start making threads, yeah. I'm not sure if there's a set limit of posts before you can become a member, but if there is it's like 300 or something.

Liamc723

How long do the BLLSL streams normally last? Is it until around the same time that UPF finishes?

Just wondering because I'm in England and it starts at 7pm here, a late night ahead!

Myggen

How long do the BLLSL streams normally last? Is it until around the same time that UPF finishes?

Just wondering because I'm in England and it starts at 7pm here, a late night ahead!

Will probably finish around 4:30PM Pacific since the afterparty stuff begins 5:30PM Pacific, So that should be about when UPF normally finishes, give or take an hour or so.

Jintor

God did they never patch MK8 to have split screen horizontal spread instead of vertical spread? Jeeze louise... I'll never understand that decision.

Xater

Will probably finish around 4:30PM Pacific since the afterparty stuff begins 5:30PM Pacific, So that should be about when UPF normally finishes, give or take an hour or so.

In that case I might be able to watch tv whole thing. Gonna stay up late!

BanGy.nz

Banned
God dam it BreezyLimbo first it was LoL now it's Destiny?! Play a giant bomb approved game like Broken Age or Bloodborne.

I'm setting the alarm for 5:50AM so I can watch people on the other side of the world do stupid video game shit, I think something went wrong somewhere in my life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom