• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been anything not archived other than personal streams? Seems like a weird thing to worry about.

Edit:Speaking of Bombcast, please tell me we get Vinny/Jeff/Brad BB talk.

jtar86

Man you guys really don't like kinda funny huh? Next to giantbomb they are one of the only gaming peeps I like. Kinda weird they are teaming up with Gamespot though.

popo

I don't check the website for that stuff, I download the podcast onto my phone using an app and just hit play. He didn't even throw a spoiler alert before it, it seemed like he wasn't going to say anything and then went all in.

Least a brah can do is throw a damn alert and given me a chance to jump 15 seconds ahead.

They could have done more but Brad did warn at the start of the segment, Alex even snarked about them being year old spoilers and that you should get over it.

Considering how green the SF production team is to BLLSL's I'm going to assume we'll see a lot of on the couch and gaming segments tomorrow. That said, I wouldn't be surprised for some avant-garde shit considering how much time there was between conception and production of this particular Big Live Live Show Live.

Only Jason is green. That said, without tested or cv, I suspect it will be mostly on the main couch set.

Only Jason is green. That said, without tested or cv, I suspect it will be mostly on the main couch set.

Maybe my hopes are too high, but with how much time they have seemed to be planning and with the new hires I get the impression they might have a good amount of small segment ideas that they didn't know how to make into it's own series. I'm at least in store for some funny surprises.

Myggen

Has there been anything not archived other than personal streams? Seems like a weird thing to worry about.

Back in the day, we're talking years ago, a lot of stuff wasn't archived properly. Many of the earliest livestreams are gone. That said, no, the last few years they've been archiving everything. It's strange how often people still ask if some content will be archived when GBEast have archived broken test streams with terrible framerate. They archive everything, absolutely everything.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Maybe my hopes are too high, but with how much time they have seemed to be planning and with the new hires I get the impression they might have a good amount of small segment ideas that they didn't know how to make into it's own series. I'm at least in store for some funny surprises.

That would be cool. Hopefully it would be an even spread among the staff and not just 100 nacho cheese and oreos segments.

Xater

Second and third one are archived on YT, only the first one is MIA, I think. That was probably lost before the big archiving effort from the community happened.

And the first one was so good if I remember correctly. There were some great drunk moments.

Man you guys really don't like kinda funny huh? Next to giantbomb they are one of the only gaming peeps I like. Kinda weird they are teaming up with Gamespot though.

I like Greg, but not so much the other guys. I don#t hate them though.

so on the recommendation of the giant bombcast crew, I have tried some crystal meth

not recommended

How often have you "tried" it afterwards?

Myggen

I have no problems with Kinda Funny, and watch some of their content. Don't agree with Colin's politics, but I just avoid that kind of content.

LiK

I don't really care about IGN podcasts pre-Jose Otero so I have no love for the Kinda Funny dudes. I tried Greg Miller's show a few years ago but didn't care for it.

Rainmaker

Banned
A lot of gaming personalities do not click with me. GiantBomb and their friends have been the first and only ones I can watch without getting annoyed, for the most part. Greg Miller is okay every once in awhile for about five minutes when he's not being all loud and "wacky."

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
image.php

Thanks, that video is super interesting (and a little cringeworthy) to me.

77 PC score.
I just noticed that this game is weird on metacritic, because each act has reviews, there is a "complete edition" and also just a plain "Broken Age" thing.

Act 2 on PC is now at 82 and the full game on PS4 at 86, so they are still, in general, very favourable

bigkrev

I was totally going to buy my mom flowers using proflowers but WTF

N3BfIql.png

Yep, getting mothers day delivery from any kind of service like that is going to be stupid expensive. I used an online Flower service one year when I was away at college, and just had them delivered the day before Mothers Day, and saved something like 20 dollars.

If it isn't rained out, my softball team's season starts at exactly the same time as BLLSL. I'm going to try and not think about Dan's high school baseball story (although I play outfield so my nads should be safe).

Remember the last Big Live Live Show: Live... where they began the show by showing a trailer for FUSE (by Insomniac Games), and Bryan Intihar tried (badly) to convince everyone watching it was still great after they changed the look of the game from cartoon to realistic. That was goddamn terrible and forced.

Let this be a reminder to all that you will not enjoy everything that airs on the Big Live Live Show: Live today.

Remember the last Big Live Live Show: Live... where they began the show by showing a trailer for FUSE (by Insomniac Games), and Bryan Intihar tried (badly) to convince everyone watching it was still great after they changed the look of the game from cartoon to realistic. That was goddamn terrible and forced.

Let this be a reminder to all that you will not enjoy everything that airs on the Big Live Live Show: Live today.

As long as there are chicken nuggets being eaten in very large quantities, I'll be happy.

I really watch it expecting the Big Live Live Shit Show Live, so my expectations are rock bottom low. Anything that's mildly amusing I consider a triumph of the wills of many

Patryn

Wait, were they usually bad? Because that's not what I remember.

Honestly, I find about 90 percent of BLLSL boring.

It's why I prefer the Extra Life stuff.

Giant Bomb flourishes when they're doing unscripted stuff, or are just having random conversations.

I find that generally when they have planned out things, or they try to put out a produced live product that it's never really super entertaining.

Bacon

I remember the last one having a ton of boring segments. But it was all worth it for Brad doing the call of duty Breaking Brad at the end.

Daaaamn Brad! I realize Broken Age Part 1 has been out for a while, but some of us were specifically holding off on finishing it until Part 2 was out. I think the game is a special case where one should take that into consideration before throwing spoilers out like that.

Disappointed, but I suppose I should have known better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom