• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
fEuA4vC.jpg

06nSAVr.png

Myggen

Daaaamn Brad! I realize Broken Age Part 1 has been out for a while, but some of us were specifically holding off on finishing it until Part 2 was out. I think the game is a special case where one should take that into consideration before throwing spoilers out like that.

Disappointed, but I suppose I should have known better.

Spoilermaker strikes again!

Daaaamn Brad! I realize Broken Age Part 1 has been out for a while, but some of us were specifically holding off on finishing it until Part 2 was out. I think the game is a special case where one should take that into consideration before throwing spoilers out like that.

I said the same thing earlier in the thread, people told me that i should've checked the notes on the site.

Y'all, it's 2015, i download podcasts to my damn phone. He should've thrown a spoiler alert if he was going to go all in at that moment, let me skip forward instead of jumping into the pool with a surprise cannonball.

Spoilermaker strikes again!

It's somehow worse that immediately after Brad spoiled the thing, the other guys tried to cover for him. Vinny, a spoiler warning after the fact doesn't help. Alex clearly knew it was a spoiler and became immediately defensive/adversarial about it.

I said the same thing earlier in the thread, people told me that i should've checked the notes on the site.

Y'all, it's 2015, i download podcasts to my damn phone. He should've thrown a spoiler alert if he was going to go all in at that moment, let me skip forward instead of jumping into the pool with a surprise cannonball.

My biggest mistake was not reading this thread thoroughly enough. I would have skipped the segment if I'd seen your post.

I don't care about spoilers whatsoever, but saying "it's been out a year" is a bit disingenuous unless you're one of the people who bought half a game on 1/5th of the platforms that it's actually coming out on

Jintor

they started talking about broken age and i skipped the entire thing. thankfully they left a timestamp in the cast descript

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

The general rule is that they will spoil anything that's been out for more than a month unless someone in the room cares about it.
Personally, I've given up on spoilers. Just tell me who the murder is or who was a ghost all along. I can still enjoy whatever it is I already know. It's a much easier life on the internet that way.

Patryn

The general rule is that they will spoil anything that's been out for more than a month unless anyone in the room cares about it.
Personally, I've given up on spoilers. Just tell me who the murder is or who was a ghost all along. I can still enjoy whatever it is I already know. It's a much easier life on the internet that way.

Let's not forget that Brad was all ready last week to spoil a game that's been out mere WEEKS.

He actually sounded really disappointed when everyone rightfully told him NO.

Triple H hair is back for the BLLSL. What an event.

Also, Alex going "It's been a year, deal with it" almost made me go "fuck you, Alex" as I was listening to it.

Speaking of which, it's hard to listen to this week's news segment without coming out of it being really down about the state of AAA video games.

I don't know that the "just give up" solution works for me, mnz. I'm less sensitive than some when it comes to spoilers, but when the conversation revolves around the idea of "story is all that matters in this game", you'd think they would be a bit more considerate about it. Especially when the spoiler in question was totally unnecessary to mention and added nothing to the discussion.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I just
fought a space giant as ordered by THE colonel (as in KFC colonel) who wanted the earth in the giant's eye, and as payment he gave me the sun. Also the colonel is apparently an alien.

Killer is Dead is fucking weird guys.

The bombcast has never exactly been a great place to avoid spoilers so I'm not surprised at the discussion this week, but broken age is in kind of a weird situation so I can understand people being bothered by spoilers.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I hope you are not playing Broken Age solely for the story anyway. I've finished it and...yeah...

LegoArmo

I feel Giant Bomb has changed considerably since the previous BLLSL shows.

There was awkward moments, that still show up in Quick Look EXs from time to time, hopefully there'll be less of that, and more content with just the established extended Giant Bomb family.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just wait until
you actually go to the moon and activate your devil trigger to become a technopunk swordsman fighting a literal Adonis.

Can't wait.

Also no need to be down about AAA games. I haven't taken notice of any AAA games for years now and am still enjoying gaming more than ever.

half the time these days if I'm watching a show, I'll just go ahead and look up the answers to any questions I may have instead of waiting to see if the show answers them

I just don't even care anymore. it doesn't impact my enjoyment in the least.

movies are short enough that I'd rather not know everything beforehand because it's all right there in something meant to be consumed in one bite.

It isn't really news. You should be down about it already.

It's more just how Konami was pretty much the best (or at the very least one of the best) at what they did in the 90s, and now they're poised to exit it altogether.

That, and we're still criminally short on reasons to own these new consoles.

are you guys prepared for them to leave Bloodborne out of the top 10

Yeah, because it's a good game but I'm sure there's going to be better this year. It sounds like they all stopped caring about it.

What's the song they play during the intermission moments on the podcast? I feel like I've heard it before but I can't place it.

Bacon

I always thought they were charming. Never minded them.

I still visit Comicvine from time to time and Babs is seriously missed there.

I loved the segments don't get me wrong, they were just something special that the giantbomb guys can't provide.

I'm actually more upset about the Matt Damon spoiler than the Broken Age stuff.

I'm going to watch that movie soon and I had no idea.

trust me, it's not that big of a deal. not knowing it was him beforehand might elicit a brief chuckle. I agree with the guys that it's weird that they didn't credit him for whatever reason.

trust me, it's not that big of a deal. not knowing it was him beforehand might elicit a brief chuckle. I agree with the guys that it's weird that they didn't credit him for whatever reason.

When I saw it, I just assumed anyone who cared knew and that I was just out of the loop. I don't think it added anything to my enjoyment.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
We could totally get a Comic Vine segment just for shits and giggles, Tony is still in the same building. An Anime Vice segment, now that would be a surprise.

That's the thing about spoilers. It didn't matter to me, but I have the wherewithal to not throw it out there without warning. The Bombcast crew tend to live in their own bubble, where because they know something everyone else should know it too and if not they don't deserve to not have it spoiled.

I make it sound more sinister than it really is, but I think that's just their mindset.

Speaking of Comic Vine, I found it weird that Sara Lima decided to completely vanish from the internet. It seems she deleted all social media accounts a while back

I wonder was she getting harassed by some idiots, or maybe it was just a personal decision to start her life anew.

Sara getting annoyed at the GB guys during loud mailbag videos was pretty great!

LiK

if you're weary about spoilers, just skip the entire discussion. save yourself the grief. I've done that and gone back to listen afterwards.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Brad has spoiled or attempted to spoil so many things over the years that I can't help but think he enjoys doing it.

if you're weary about spoilers, just skip the entire discussion. save yourself the grief. I've done that and gone back to listen afterwards.

Sometimes, like with the Matt Damon thing, it's hard to skip it because you don't even know it's coming. They just blurt it out with no warning.

I'm sure the Matt Damon spoiler isn't a big deal at all. I'm pretty unaware of things so I'm not surprised I went this long since that movie's been out, and not already known about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom