• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
9dfc5756c4a954f7199d378fbb9fcd9e.png

What are your feelings on Tales from Topographic Oceans

choose wisely

suffers from lack of Bill Bruford, and is kind of the logical conclusion to the excesses that started when Wakeman joined.

having said that, it's amusing in the way that only a group of virtuoso prog rockers shedding all regard for structure and their own audiences could be. I listen to it about once a year. there's some real classic Wakeman on there. for its flaws it's still probably their last "good" album.

When the stream started to reach the middle and there was no indication that any hiring news was coming I had a sinking feeling that it wasn't just not happening today but for a long time.

Myggen

When the stream started to reach the middle and there was no indication that any hiring news was coming I had a sinking feeling that it wasn't just not happening today but for a long time.

The people who said post E3 might turn out to be correct.

Ah well, as long as we get a GBEast podcast I'm happy! The new hire comes when it comes.

Tucah

you speak so well
The people who said post E3 might turn out to be correct.

Ah well, as long as we get a GBEast podcast I'm happy! The new hire comes when it comes.

I'm super curious to see who they hire but I was mostly anxious to get a new guy/gal in there to have a Vinny podcast going. Since they're seemingly getting that started soon, they can take as much time as they need to find the perfect fit.

Myggen

I'm super curious to see who they hire but I was mostly anxious to get a new guy/gal in there to have a Vinny podcast going. Since they're seemingly getting that started soon, they can take as much time as they need to find the perfect fit.

Yeah, that's my feeling on it as well.

danm999

Two man podcast (or getting guests on board) can work for now, yeah. But this week just reminded me of how much I miss Vinnycasts.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
suffers from lack of Bill Bruford, and is kind of the logical conclusion to the excesses that started when Wakeman joined.

having said that, it's amusing in the way that only a group of virtuoso prog rockers shedding all regard for structure and their own audiences could be. I listen to it about once a year. there's some real classic Wakeman on there. for its flaws it's still probably their last "good" album.

I agree with the logical end of the excess - you can't top 4 20-min songs. That said, I enjoy it - you can tell it was a passion project. Also it's interesting to see how it was initially hated to how now it's largely loved. Conclusively, I think Relayer was their last "good" album.

You're ok with me stump sock

Must-Watch Segments:

- Better With Nacho Cheese?
- Brad speedrunning Zelda
- Flight Club
- Lang and the Gooch (Daddy Like!)
- Everybody punch John Drake
- H.R. Violations with Tested Dot Com

Must-Watch Segments:

- Better With Nacho Cheese?
- Brad speedrunning Zelda
- Flight Club
- Lang and the Gooch (Daddy Like!)
- Everybody punch John Drake
- H.R. Violations with Tested Dot Com

I feel everything leading up tot the uh, first 'indie' game is fantastic. Once Harry Potter came away the magic disappeared, really.

Xyrmellon

Remember when Drew was the little quiet engineer who was never on camera? I recall one of the E3 recap vids when, at the end, the camera goes in tight on Drew and they make him look like Damien from the Omen or something. This was before we all knew him. (I'm sure one of you will find the clip).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom