• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelcar

I need that BLLS archive so bad

I really want the premium stream archived specifically. I watched the entire main stream and aftershow, but none of the premium. I figured I'd keep the tab open and watch it later, but they took down the feed for it pretty quick. So, I can't wait for that, it's basically like a 6 hour podcast.

At some point I'd probably be most happy with it being the Bombcast but with Alex and Vinny and
Cara

Yeah, this most recent Bombcast confirmed that I am completely OK with just a standard format podcast with Vinny & The Wolf. I'm entertained just by hearing Vinny's personal week-in-review.

I really want the premium stream archived specifically. I watched the entire main stream and aftershow, but none of the premium. I figured I'd keep the tab open and watch it later, but they took down the feed for it pretty quick. So, I can't wait for that, it's basically like a 6 hour podcast.

There's a premium stream afterwards? Damn how long was this stream lol.

Oh shit, I completely forgot about the twitch. Thank you!

Wunder

https://twitter.com/drewscanlon/status/593828081678188544

Drew Scanlon said:
Thanks to Brian, we'll be doing Demo Derbys for the rest of forever.

CD2zfWVUIAAJAaX.jpg

HOLY

popo

I thought Jeff said that there were several potential buyers for Giant Bomb?

Honestly, as much trouble as CBSi has been, I think things have turned out pretty well. GB hasn't really lost its identity.

CBS and Whale Cock (BramenBraun back then) were the ones he mentioned. I believe BB were the ones that were talking about having a celebrity front the site. Jonah Hill's name was mentioned but I have no idea by who or if that was BS.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
CBS and Whale Cock (BramenBraun back then) were the ones he mentioned. I believe BB were the ones that were talking about having a celebrity front the site. Jonah Hill's name was mentioned but I have no idea by who or if that was BS.

Wait what

the weird thing about this BLLSL is that they usually push new features when they do these things.

Outside of Blight Club (which was a long time coming anyhow), it seems like everything they announced was just stuff they already did. More Mario Party and etc., another bombcast (not really new considering that when patrick left we lost a podcast), hey we have a discount!

they basically were like, hey these are things we pretty much do already please become a member. A bit of a letdown in that regard, even if it was a somewhat entertaining letdown.

the weird thing about this BLLSL is that they usually push new features when they do these things.

Outside of Blight Club (which was a long time coming anyhow), it seems like everything they announced was just stuff they already did. More Mario Party and etc., another bombcast (not really new considering that when patrick left we lost a podcast).

they basically were like, hey these are things we pretty much do already please become a member. A bit of a letdown in that regard, even if it was a somewhat entertaining letdown.

I haven't seen this BLLSL, but isn't the main point of it to basically say, "hey this is what premium content is like, if you want moar go premium!" Because it sounds like that is mission accomplished; outlining future plans is just icing on the cake.

I haven't seen this BLLSL, but isn't the main point of it to basically say, "hey this is what premium content is like, if you want moar go premium!" Because it sounds like that is mission accomplished; outlining future plans is just icing on the cake.

What's new if you were a member already, though? A podcast that replaces another podcast and a feature that's been talked about for almost a year but is only coming to fruition now?

Mind you, i realize that we have had new features come out in the last year: MGS, MPP, demo derby are all new and all features i really like. I'm not ungrateful, just that this event is usually used to announced new stuff and really, they didn't do that. It's a bit of a letdown in that regard.

What's new if you were a member already, though? A podcast that replaces another podcast and a feature that's been talked about for almost a year but is only coming to fruition now?

Mind you, i realize that we have had new features come out in the last year: MGS, MPP, demo derby are all new and all features i really like. I'm not ungrateful, just that this event is usually used to announced new stuff and really, they didn't do that. It's a bit of a letdown in that regard.

I imagine the sale would be what gets existing members onboard. You know what Giant Bomb offers, and whether you want more is up to you. BLLSL is about driving new memberships.

Existing members know they're locked in until Mario Party Party finished, at the very least.

I really doubt that between this year and the next BLLSL there won't be any new premium stuff announced. They probably feel there's enough stuff currently running to get new members to go premium so they didn't bother announcing anything new yet, especially when its almost E3 time.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
The BLLS was really entertaining. It made me super excited for the future of the site. It seems they're in a really great place. I'm stoked to see GBeast's hard work!

Was there anything worth watching on the after party stream?

Ketch

Also, Norm and Chan fucking killed it! so good.

I should go to tested.com more often, but I don't care about ipads and shit.

Lelcar

Man, I love Dan x Drew quick looks.

Yeah, Dan x Drew is probably my favourite Drew combination. He's way more conversational and goofy with Dan. As opposed to the Jeff x Drew QL combo, which is fine, but I feel like that duo is generally a lower energy and more informative experience.

popo

So Dan might have a hernia? Never had a bad day.

Also, Norm and Chan fucking killed it! so good.

I should go to tested.com more often, but I don't care about ipads and shit.

They rarely cover ipads and phones now. The question is : do you care about Drones, 3D printers, Adam Savage and shit?

Unless they set up like a Windows XP machine or VM I'm not sure how much use they'll get out of those PC Gamer discs. Plus, I'm not sure it'd be worth the effort anyhow, demos have to be installed and that'd be a pain in the ass to watch.

Patryn

Unless they set up like a Windows XP machine or VM I'm not sure how much use they'll get out of those PC Gamer discs. Plus, I'm not sure it'd be worth the effort anyhow, demos have to be installed and that'd be a pain in the ass to watch.

They were already drowning in demo discs.

Seriously, at the rate they've been going they'll never get through all the discs they have before the entire staff is retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom