• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelcar

Not to be all conspiracy theory, but as I've said a few times, she was posting about filling out visa forms.

And notice the exact wording: "be there already." It's entirely possible to read into that that she will be there in the future, but she's not there now.

Add into that the talk about the hire being a ways off. If it was Cara, and she's just begun the visa process, it would take a while.

Just saying.

It's not going to be Cara. Honestly, I'm not FANATIC about the idea, but I find this whole thing hilarious.

Dude, yeah. It's all fun and games, but this theory actually makes some sense.

justjim89

My salty tears chalice shall overflow if the hire is another white dude.

Kind of a fucked up position they're in with the new hire. Half the internet will hate them if they hire a straight white dude, the other half will hate them if they hire literally anyone else and label it a token diversity hire. And both sides are shitheads.

Stop. Just stop. All this incessant speculation is almost deserving of it's own thread if someone's random ass tweet is going to send everyone into a flurry. You're wasting your time and energy freaking out about who might be a part of the team. Can't you just wait and find out?

Bacon

Stop. Just stop. All this incessant speculation is almost deserving of it's own thread if someone's random ass tweet is going to send everyone into a flurry. You're wasting your time and energy freaking out about who might be a part of the team. Can't you just wait and find out?

i'd rather see speculation about the new hire than off topic stuff

the whole "I hope it's a white guy because that'll piss off those fuckers who are hoping for some diversity!" thing is really weird.

Also seriously, what is up with that

FStop7

Banned
The new hire is Tim Rogers.

Double hire: Tim Rogers AND Tim Langdell.

You're right. We should get back to discussing which GB member we'd most like to own as a pet in chibi animal form.

Lelcar

Ah, we're all playing around. Speculation is harmless fun. I don't think that anyone here is being super self serious about any of this.

You're right. We should get back to discussing which GB member we'd most like to own as a pet in chibi animal form.

Brad, because he would obviously be a guinea pig. Somebody needs to draw a peeg with Bad Brad hair.

Dazzler

why do people care about the gender orientation and skin tone of the potential new hire?

Jeff will just hire the best person for the job, like he did with Dan and Jason

LiK

My salty tears chalice shall overflow if the hire is another white dude.

Kind of a fucked up position they're in with the new hire. Half the internet will hate them if they hire a straight white dude, the other half will hate them if they hire literally anyone else and label it a token diversity hire. And both sides are shitheads.

I hope it's a white guy with a regular American name. :p

Also seriously, what is up with that

Because it would be amusing to me. No, there is no better reason, and I know that makes me seem like a terrible person, but I would have a hell of a laugh if the person that CBS/GB wanted was just another white guy and everyone got their knickers in a twist about it. I doubt it will be, though, considering the current political landscape.

The reason I get annoyed by the speculation is that it goes no where. It's like a conspiracy theory, where you pick at the ether trying to piece together the big picture. You start to see patterns or look for specters that aren't there.

Credits to Keyser for pointing out how often a tweet that is.

I don't care about the off topic stuff because at least sometimes it's amusing. This "new hire" thing has become a meme in and of itself. I feel like we go through a few pages of it every other day.

"You all stop your tomfoolery this second! This is a serious thread about content from a website where men in their 30's play video games and talk about nonsense! No room for jokes and shenanigans!"

For fuck's sake.

Never said any of that mate.

Sorry, I'll drop it now.

justjim89

"You all stop your tomfoolery this second! This is a serious thread about content from a website where men in their 30's play video games and talk about nonsense! No room for jokes and shenanigans!"

For fuck's sake.

def sim

I don't care who they hire, as long as someone does soon so GBeast can get rolling.

the whole "I hope it's a straight white guy because that'll piss off those fuckers who are hoping for some diversity!" thing is really weird.

It's an odd thing, yeah? Specifically antagonizing one side under the pretense of wanting to spite everyone.

FStop7

Banned
Ah, we're all playing around. Speculation is harmless fun. I don't think that anyone here is being super self serious about any of this.

Brad, because he would obviously be a guinea pig. Somebody needs to draw a peeg with Bad Brad hair.

I prefer Goat Gerstmann because he's grumpy over baaaaaaaad video games.

images

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
CD3Yoj3WMAA0Qx8.png

Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert 3m minutes ago

Tried that “How Old” site that everyone is tweeting. I don’t know if I like this site.

need grumpy gertsmann as test

Lelcar

Have they taken a group photo with all the new people? They should do that.
I was hoping that's what was going to happen at the end of the after show when they were trying to rally everyone together, but sadly it was missing Jeff and probably someone else, I forget exactly who showed up at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom