• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, wonder what this means for Danielle. I think Danielle would be a much better fit for GB, she's excellent on the idle thumbs podcast and is a funny and intelligent person. Danielle would be a tremendous get for GB.

edit: I see great minds think alike!

22nvFOF.jpg

ya but danielle tho

Yeah, either Patricia got the job, or Danielle got the job. Latter might be more likely, as (AFAICT) Patricia's job doesn't necessarily rely on her being in a static place (and of course Gawker HQ is in NYC anyway).

Or none of them did and this is all baseless speculation.

Sakwoff

Oh no but that would mean that Danielle is not going to be on Idle Thumbs anymore.

That would be a total bummer. There was some amazing chemistry going on.

She being the GB hire would deffo help me get over that though. :)

Wunder

Oh no but that would mean that Danielle is not going to be on Idle Thumbs anymore.

That would be a total bummer. There was some amazing chemistry going on.

She being the GB hire would deffo help me get over that though. :)

as long as she's talking into a mic somewhere someplace, i'd be content. Danielle's addition to Idle Thumbs has been fantastic

as long as she's talking into a mic somewhere someplace, i'd be content. Danielle's addition to Idle Thumbs has been fantastic

she saved that podcast. That podcast was slowly declining, all of the guys there were in the middle of development and didn't have time to play games so it was a lot of nothing they were talking about for a while. Her constantly playing games really brought some life into the thing, and that she's funny, smart, and energetic helped me stick around.

again, if she ends up being the hire then GBeast is set, she would be a terrific pickup.

Engineer man said they weren't close to a hire. Relax.

yeah but close is a relative time frame.

no idea who that is...

You should look up her piece about Max Temkin's rape accusation.

Its maybe the most libelous piece of writing I have ever seen a member of the games press do. Gob smacking that made it to the site and its so offensively bad that Stephen Totilo has been apologising for it ever since.

I mean even if she is just moving to be closer to the Kotaku office its a interesting piece in a "lets see what the bottom of the barrel looks like" kind of way.

Brashnir

You should look up her piece about Max Temkin's rape accusation.

Its maybe the most liablist piece of writing I have ever seen a member of the games press do. Gob smacking that made it to the site and its so offensively bad that Stephen Totilo has been apologising for it ever since.

I mean even if she is just moving to be closer to the Kotaku office its a interesting piece in a "lets see what the bottom of the barrel looks like" kind of way.

I believe libelous is the word you're looking for.

Lelcar

Cara Ellison ‏@caraellison 16m16 minutes ago
@xpatriciah if the world was fair in any way i would be there already and be like oh hey let's move in together

maybe the theory of Cara almost getting the Giant Bomb gig was right.

I believe libelous is the word you're looking for.

I knew I was rolling the dice with that word.

I even tried googling it before posting and it was no help at all so I took my best shot.

<--- Someone who has actually studied Liable and Defamation laws and who should no that shit.

Patryn

maybe the theory of Cara almost getting the Giant Bomb gig was right.

They probably did approach her for it. But Visa issues notwithstanding...

Not to be all conspiracy theory, but as I've said a few times, she was posting about filling out visa forms.

And notice the exact wording: "be there already." It's entirely possible to read into that that she will be there in the future, but she's not there now.

Add into that the talk about the hire being a ways off. If it was Cara, and she's just begun the visa process, it would take a while.

Just saying.

It's not going to be Cara. Honestly, I'm not FANATIC about the idea, but I find this whole thing hilarious.

Sakwoff

The vitriol about Patricia Hernandez is kinda weird.

She is fine. Everybody cool your jets.

This basically.

We (as in: people on internet forums) are often way way way too quick with our hateboners. (I have been guilty of that too.)

People do stuff that's not okay sometimes, yeah. But the immediate and intense reaction by some people on mere mention is really weird sometimes.

Patryn

This basically.

We (as in: people on internet forums) are often way way way too quick with our hateboners. (I have been guilty of that too.)

People do stuff that's not okay sometimes, yeah. But the immediate and intense reaction by some people on mere mention is really weird sometimes.

I'll just say that I don't recall reading a single things of hers that I've liked. And most often when I read a piece on Kotaku that I really think is not great, I notice that it's her byline.

She doesn't deserve massive amounts of vitriol, but I'd remain extremely skeptical if she was the hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom