• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so disappointed when people voted for the Roll doppelganger for the design of Call. There were far more interesting choices.

Calls her name? What. No, that's horrible. What's the brothers name, Hear? I don't even know how people can be excited for it.

Yeah the 'feel' of Mighty No. 9 just isn't right. The artstyle I can take or leave but the beta wasn't satisfying to play at all.

Yeah, from what I've read the gameplay just isn't as fun or challenging like a mega man game. One of the things mentioned was that things just tended to attack you from one side, and that you could literally just run forward and shoot without issue.

If MN9 ends up being disappointing would that be the first big kickstarter to come out and disappoint? It seems like all of the big kickstarted games that have come out so far have had positive receptions.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Calls her name? What. No, that's horrible. What's the brothers name, Hear? I don't even know how people can be excited for it.

It doesn't seem like many people are, based on when I've seen videos posted around at least. Hell, NeoGAF threads have been more negative than positive since the very first actual screen came out and it looked nothing like the concept art.

.....OH HAHAHAHA, I GET IT, BECK AND CALL. You guys get it? Beck and Call! Just like how they beckoned the money from backers and then called their swiss bankers to put it in, haha funny jokes!

It doesn't seem like many people are, based on when I've seen videos posted around at least. Hell, NeoGAF threads have been more negative than positive since the very first actual screen came out and it looked nothing like the concept art.

Yeah. I mean, this is brought up to death but Kamiya has a point in calling Inafune a business man and not a creator. If it bites him in the rear when the game calls out and is a critical flop, I would not feel sorry.

Yah, I got nothing for this.

All I can say is Sunshine and 64 are still the best 3D marios and Galaxy 1/2 were a step back.
The Galaxy's take the one good thing about Sunshine and make whole games out of it.

The Sunshine soundtrack is lacklustre compared to SM 64, Galaxy 1 & 2 also.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It was way back when, but the password had to be disclosed and it was easily shared.

That wasn't even the problem, twitch (Maybe even justin.tv still at that point) just took away the functionality. They had a few weeks where everything was free because they had to roll out their own system and it wasn't ready.

Kimaka

For the longest time, I thought CM Punk was an EDM DJ. I would hear him get brought up in conversations unrelated to wrestling and that was the conclusion I made based on his name. It wasn't until GB started talking a lot about wrestling that I realized how off I was.

Zocano

The Galaxy's take the one good thing about Sunshine and make whole games out of it.

The Sunshine soundtrack is lacklustre compared to SM 64, Galaxy 1 & 2 also.

Soundtrack I guess sure? I didn't care about the Galaxy 1/2 soundtrack so *shrug*?

Sunshine's level design and open level exploration and evolution from 64 was the best direction they could have gone. But Galaxy 1 and 2 went back to really straightforward mostly boring obstacle courses. Like so many of the planet hopping levels aren't really fun and just lean too hard on the sphere gimmick more than interesting level design that some of the other levels employed. Too many boring planet hopping levels for me in either game.

No, I mean even well before that particular thing, Archaix. The password was displayed on Giant Bomb and you had to enter it in. Might have even been in the Justin TV days.

[EDIT -
Sunshine's level design and open level exploration and evolution from 64 was the best direction they could have gone. But Galaxy 1 and 2 went back to really straightforward mostly boring obstacle courses. Like so many of the planet hopping levels aren't really fun and just lean too hard on the sphere gimmick more than interesting level design that some of the other levels employed. Too many boring planet hopping levels for me in either game.
I enjoyed Sunshine, I don't think it's garbage like Jeff, but the course design was a huge step back from 64's open playground. Mechanically it was much more limited despite FLUDD's extra moves.

I guess we have different takes on what is boring, I guess! Outside of the Void levels in Sunshine, all of the Shines are so uninspired compared to 64 and both Galaxys.]

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
No, I mean even well before that particular thing, Archaix. The password was displayed on Giant Bomb and you had to enter it in. Might have even been in the Justin TV days.

Right but they stopped using the service because it no longer supported passwords. It definitely got shared, and they just straight forgot to set it to private more often than not for a while, but they kept using it as long as it was possible.

Myggen

That wasn't even the problem, twitch (Maybe even justin.tv still at that point) just took away the functionality. They had a few weeks where everything was free because they had to roll out their own system and it wasn't ready.

They didn't state it directly, but wasn't it assumed that Twitch removed that option because of the Playroom thing on PS4 being used to make some...questionable videos on password protected channels? I seem to remember something like that.

You remember correctly, but you're thinking of a separate change that meant they couldn't run a premium stream at all. I'm talking about at least a year, maybe multiple years before even that when you could watch the premium streams off-site before an archive.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
They didn't state it directly, but wasn't it assumed that it was because of the Playroom thing on PS4 being used to make some...questionable videos on password protected channels? I seem to remember something like that.

I might be way off on my timeline, but I think it was pre-subscriptions on Twitch. It wasn't a commonly used feature and they were going in a different direction with monetizing the ad stuff for streamers. The last five years may as well have all happened yesterday though. I want to say it was well before PS4's release that password-protected streams ended on Justin/Twitch.

Myggen

You remember correctly, but you're thinking of a separate change that meant they couldn't run a premium stream at all. I'm talking about at least a year, maybe multiple years before even that when you could watch the premium streams off-site before an archive.

Oh yeah, for sure. I remember that password being common knowledge for a long time, at least on 4chan and Something Awful.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You were probably thinking

HBQ5udg.jpg

I WANT THAT GAME.

They got you good with that one. That Inafune. Such a ribber.

Yeah you're right :(

Handheld support probably did more harm than good for it. That's why I don't get why people want the not-Banjo game on Vita and 3DS.

[EDIT - Big Evil! BOOGER RED!]

[EDIT 2 - FINALLY!]

Oh shit they're finally playing Tie Fighter! I totally called it that a Steam version is what it would take.

I had just walked through the door and turned it on, was Jeff saying they plan on doing a larger feature for these games?

PBalfredo

Five minutes of TIE Fighter, what a tease. Shame it crashed on them. Though they do need to time to re-familiarize themselves with the controls and keys to give it a proper showing. I hope they do come back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom