• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://t.co/zoyawJkmFR

First-person perspective of Dan flipping off wrestler @ hoodslam.
O20u7Qd.png

Hoodslam looks like fun

Teddified

Man signing up for periscope and I've had the first instance of someone taking my "Teddified" name which I came up for when I started playing FFXI a long ass time ago.

And It seems he signed up just to watch Jimmy Fallon Periscopes.

I curse this man and everything he stands for. Because it's my name.....my name *sobs*

tchocky

Oh, this is wonderful news! Time to load up the Video Buddy!

Anyone else think that "We like big shows and we like them live. We also like recording them." is a shot at all the people who ask if a particular live stream is being recorded? Super funny either way.

It probably is since at the beginning of the stream the first poll in the chat was "Is this stream going to be archived".

I don't think I've ever seen the old Disney standalone shorts, so yeah I'd have to default to Looney Tunes for that argument. Anything with Marvin the Martian is the greatest thing of all time.

But if we're talking movies, obviously Disney blows them out of the water.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Y'know, I can't think of a single disney movie that stuck with me.

But Space Jam is the GOAT.

So I'm going to have to disagree with you there.

Teddified

Treasure Planet is Disney right? I remember liking that, and honestly most Disney movies were OK with me.

The old Mickey cartoons are just too old for me to have been able to watch them as a kid so Looney Toons would win there no doubt. But I watched lots of cartoons on Disney/Toon Disney/DisneyXD that I really liked. I've also heard some of the new 3 min Mickey Cartoons they are doing now are alright.

It just seems impossible for me to compare Looney Toons to Disney. Mainly because Looney Toons to me is a few shows and some movies while Disney is......well enormous.

I don't know what I'm trying to say with all this, all I know is I like a bunch of all those Disney cartoons like Darkwing Duck.

Anjin M

Y'know, I can't think of a single disney movie that stuck with me.

But Space Jam is the GOAT.

So I'm going to have to disagree with you there.

I can't believe I'm about to type this, but here I go.

It's okay if you like Space Jam. But it's not even the best mixed live action/animated film. That would be Who Framed Roger Rabbit hands down.

If you want to talk pure animation, I'll watch The Hunchback of Notre Dame or Tarzan any day.

I don't think I've ever seen the old Disney standalone shorts, so yeah I'd have to default to Looney Tunes for that argument. Anything with Marvin the Martian is the greatest thing of all time.

But if we're talking movies, obviously Disney blows them out of the water.

Speaking of Disney, man their lineup this year is gonna bring in the cash!

2 Marvel movies (Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man), 2 Pixar movies (Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur), 1 LucasFilm movie (Star Wars: Episode VII- The Force Awakens) as well as a movie from actual Disney Pictures, Tomorrowland (Directed By Brad Bird, director of The Iron Giant, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, and Mission: Impossible- Ghost Protocol).

Antiwhippy

I guess for me most of the classic disney cartoons like ducktales etc. were before my time. Hell, looney tunes were pretty old for me too. The biggest reason I had any fondness for them was because they aired on nickalodean.

Watching Banjo get played makes me want to go back and play it, I disagree with Jeff and think it looks like it holds up great. Like Conker there's just a lot of great art direction(especially in Tooie) and variety. They really open up a lot as you progress.

Edit: I feel like none of them ever got far enough in these games to realize how different the Banjo games were from Mario 64. The creature transformations, mini-games, vehicles, shooting elements, and so on. They're really interesting games! Sure you're collecting things as you go along, but you're doing a lot of a great puzzles and varied platforming along the way.

hamchan

Animated Disney is way better than the Looney Tunes. Don't agree with Dan folks, the guy thinks Terminator 3 is better than 1 and thinks Super Mario Sunshine is better than 64.

Antiwhippy

You know, thinking about the membership stuff and how it was doing pretty dang well after BLLSL, I wonder if that was helped by how pervasive patreon and twitch subscriptions are these days or if it's the giantbomb model that laid the groundwork and precedent for stuff like that. I can't quite think of any other sites that does it like giantbomb does when the subscriptions first entered the equation.

Probably just the American way to pronounce a word like that, giant_frying_pan's "SWAT team" example is pretty good.

Yeah usually I just accept that. It just always seemed odd to me with this one as its such a British word and the only time I ever hear Americans use it is in relation to the British using it so I would have expected the same pronunciation. Just one of those things I guess.

Twot does sound terrible though. It loses all impact!

Myggen

Yeah usually I just accept that. It just always seemed odd to me with this one as its such a British word and the only time I ever hear Americans use it is in relation to the British using it so I would have expected the same pronunciation. Just one of those things I guess.

Twot does sound terrible though. It loses all impact!

Most Americans have probably never heard any Brit using the word, so don't know how it's pronounced over there. And I'm guessing that even if you had, most people would pronounce it the way that's natural for them instead of trying to copy the British pronunciation.

hamchan

Ha, Brad seeing CM Punk and saying that guy is real scrawny compared to everyone else. It's true, CM Punk is such a skinny fat guy.

Did anything cool happen on the premium feed during the BLLSL? The archives for that are up tomorrow and I'm just wondering if it's worth the download.

jaina

Did anything cool happen on the premium feed during the BLLSL? The archives for that are up tomorrow and I'm just wondering if it's worth the download.

If you like Lang, you should download. It's basically a 6 hour podcast with him, Maya Kramer and rotating guests (e.g. Vinny, Drake&Boyes, Mary). And some call-ins that had to be disciplined. I haven't seen the whole thing yet though, only occasionally switched over.

popo

Oh yeah, for sure. I remember that password being common knowledge for a long time, at least on 4chan and Something Awful.

If you went to "page info" in any browser while they were streaming it would say premiumguard=password, where password was in plain text. You didn't even need to go to 4chan. I have been a sub forever but preffered to watch on the twitch site. Plus they never reset the password right away so you could get early archives.

Then they had the thing where TNT and Happy Hour had the same filename every week - they just changed the date. If you were cheap it was never hard to figure things out back then. Now some scamp just reuploads to youtube.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
During the Avalon segment:

If Drew, Rorie and Brad were good, why did the round those three were in fail? That screwed up the whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom