• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five minutes of TIE Fighter, what a tease. Shame it crashed on them. Though they do need to time to re-familiarize themselves with the controls and keys to give it a proper showing. I hope they do come back to it.

They damn well better! They've talked about those games for so long.

[EDIT] The brief mention of Jedi Outcast really makes me think how much I love older Star Wars games. How about a Encyclopedia Bombastica for Shadows of the Empire? It has aged so poorly, but it's one of the most interesting Star Wars games from that era.

Yeah the variety of SOTE was fascinating. The definitive 'jack of all trades' game. I think it was my first exposure to Max of Sam and Max fame since rabbit ears was a secret collector's item in it.

Doom II! What a great opportunity to announce the new Breaking Brad for that game I'm forbidden from mentioning more than once per hour.

Yeah the variety of SOTE was fascinating. The definitive 'jack of all trades' game. I think it was my first exposure to Max of Sam and Max fame since rabbit ears was a secret collector's item in it.

I remember that IG-88 fight being so epic. Going back and watching, it's horrendous.

"Something's gonna happen..."

Brad getting an Arcana Chance hairdo confirmed.

[EDIT - There needs to be a Yard Work Simulator game if there isn't already. I guess FOX would probably claim ownership over that.]

PBalfredo

They damn well better! They've talked about those games for so long.

[EDIT] The brief mention of Jedi Outcast really makes me think how much I love older Star Wars games. How about a Encyclopedia Bombastica for Shadows of the Empire? It has aged so poorly, but it's one of the most interesting Star Wars games from that era.

Third person sequences in Shadows of the Empire was kinda janky even for their time, but damn if that game wasn't fun and ambitious. The Hoth level itself pretty much gave birth to the Rogue Squadron series.

Suplexer

Sorry if this has been covered but I have been working so much I missed the BLLS:L and weather or not it will be archived. I finally have some free time and I can't find it on YouTube or the site.

Jothel

Yes please. Random QL is nice but sometimes I want to watch a premium video and can't decide on one.

GB just needs to somehow make a 24h premium channel that goes through all their content randomly.

yup. It'd be nice to have it randomly choose a UPF or TNT to watch

I'm going back through the pages I missed, don't know if this has been answered yet but what you want is this http://wambo.at:5000/

Come monday Brad is going to arrive in the office and be all..

YhrWE.gif

Random question since I know we have a lot of Fast & Furious fans around GB: does Tokyo Drift seem super anachronistic now that it's supposed to take place around the same time as Fast 6 / 7? Did they address that at all?

Random question since I know we have a lot of Fast & Furious fans around GB: does Tokyo Drift seem super anachronistic now that it's supposed to take place around the same time as Fast 6 / 7? Did they address that at all?

F&F 4, 5, & 6 are the Prequel Trilogy of Fast & the Furious - these three take place before the events of 3 & 7. The character Han,
who dies in 6
makes references to getting around to Tokyo at some point in the future during Fast 5 & 6.

It's the greatest series of films ever made - for what it manages to accomplish, it's ambition, and sheer ruthlessness in its ability to one up itself over and over again.

F&F 4, 5, & 6 are the Prequel Trilogy of Fast & the Furious - these three take place before the events of 3 & 7. The character Han,
who dies in 6
makes references to getting around to Tokyo at some point in the future during Fast 5 & 6.

It's the greatest series of films ever made - for what it manages to accomplish, it's ambition, and sheer ruthlessness in its ability to one up itself over and over again.

Yeah but I'm talking technology-wise. Like, is everybody using iPhones in Fast 6 and then suddenly it's T-Mobile Sidekicks in Tokyo Drift?

I've actually seen TD but it's been years so I don't remember much about it.

Yeah but I'm talking technology-wise. Like, is everybody using iPhones in Fast 6 and then suddenly it's T-Mobile Sidekicks in Tokyo Drift?

I've actually seen TD but it's been years so I don't remember much about it.

The answers to this either lie in the cataclysmic events of William Shatner's Tek-War franchise or in your ability to employ suspension of disbelief.

hamchan

There's a character (the actor rather) that literally ages 9 years between scenes. It's kinda funny.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Breaking Brad is cancelled, instead we will get a spin off of one of CBS' most beloved hit comedy.
Get ready for 1 Broke Brad

5BIHRJd.png

Rainmaker

Banned
CM Punk is the greatest wrestler to ever walk through the WWE's doors.

CM Punk was exciting in a time when WWE really needed it. Incredible talker. He was a great wrestler and had a great style even though it looked really sloppy (that awful elbow drop for example). They should have treated him better.

BUUUUUUUT he's a real big asshole and completely unlikable. I really don't miss him anymore. There's at least seven better wrestlers on the WWE/NXT roster right now.

Lijik

2 years to iterate on mario 64 and the best rare can come up with for objectives is shit like "What if you collected 5 worms by jumping up a tree and then after that you jump up the same tree and collect ten worms"

daydream

Banned
2 years to iterate on mario 64 and the best rare can come up with for objectives is shit like "What if you collected 5 worms by jumping up a tree and then after that you jump up the same tree and collect ten worms"

where were you when i was repping pac-man world

Lelcar

holy shit jeff's banjo impression
holy shit everyone's donald impressions

when the giant bomb guys launch into impressions is probably my favourite thing. that sentence wasn't structured well, but i dunno how to fix it cuz i'm buzzin right now. i totally spelled cuz that way.

"i got a sick bag of baby carrots, let's get it" dynamite quote jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom