• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
Consensus has been formed let us discuss it no longer

edit: this post goes before daydream's who is just playing devil advocate

we've tried the gross title thing before, it didn't work out

jXfKWNN.gif

Dan, I didn't care for Disney before taking an animation history course. Afterwards, I have much more appreciation for what Disney did for animation and the quality of their work. That said, I still prefer Looney Tunes.

Myggen

Dan, I didn't care for Disney before taking an animation history course. Afterwards, I have much more appreciation for what Disney did for animation and the quality of their work. That said, I still prefer Looney Tunes.

I very much respect what Disney did for the medium, I've just never liked Disney movies that much. Loved loved loved DuckTales as a kid though, and still go back and read old Carl Barks and Don Rosa Duck comics from time to time. But that's about it for my Disney love.

I think some actors/stunt choreographers from those movies were cast in Star Wars: Episode VII.

Good choice.

Edit: Been listening to/watching the premium stream today, and have to give props to the people who called in. More or less no "bad" calls, probably the best call in show GB has ever done. Very welcome after the SJW killed cartoons dude.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Other than using Audible for some Audiobooks, I don't think I have ever used any product I have heard advertised in a podcast.

I did buy two Zojirushi Mugs though - so that old Whiskey Media guerilla marketing effort worked wonders

I've got two and my fiance has one. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising. Word of mouth only works when someone is genuine in their appeal. While podcast ads can be funny or entertaining, they often fall short of being useful for me. The majority of what is being advertised is stuff I don't or will never need. Keeping my coffee warm throughout the day is extremely useful, however.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The labels monetized the Rock Band songs, and blocked it in Germany. Other than that, everything looks fine.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Giant Bomb #14 | Giant Bomb #14 | Business is Bloomin'
I really like that one. It's also not too insidery, since it's from the Bombcast.

My mind was blown when I learned that Snow White is a movie from 1937. I still can't believe it, honestly.

if his only reference is this movie, then I mean, what you're going to see is the direct result of commercialized propaganda

but I have faith in Dan as a person that if he knows enough about the situation he might not be so eager to put "rah rah 'merca" in front of weird serial killer racist bro

anyway, did Ryan ever end up paying Vinny for that Splinter Cell bet?

justjim89

Please surprise me Dan.

I think the only way to avoid the whole "Boy howdy what a cool patriotic fella!" reaction will be if enough people tell him that Kyle lied in his book about beating up Jesse Ventura. After all, he's not gonna support someone who's anti-wrestling.

I'm just gonna cast dual votes for Better with Nacho Cheese and Business is Bloomin'

I mean cursing in the thread title, that's just distasteful. This is a family thread! For families!

SummitAve

Banned
I really hope Dan is smart about what he says regarding Chris Kyle and the movie in general.

Haven't seen it, but my coworkers said it was not the glorifying propaganda movie that some people want to make it out to be so I'm not sure why people are presuming something bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom