• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
What/When was Dave Lang's first appearance on Bomb content?

His first appearance was actually during the Giant Bomb Farewell Party in 2019. Dave Lang experiences time differently than us, and he is working his way backwards through the timeline - from our point of view - appearing in random content. This is proven by the fact that Dave Lang shrinks slightly with each piece of content he appears on. He is actually not shrinking, but infact getting younger.

His first appearance was actually during the Giant Bomb Farewell Party in 2019. Dave Lang experiences time differently than us, and he is working his way backwards through the timeline - from our point of view - appearing in random content. This is proven by the fact that Dave Lang shrinks slightly with each piece of content he appears on. He is actually not shrinking, but infact getting younger.

ComplexMeaslyAnaconda.gif

Sounds like some Kurt Vonnegut shit

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Giant Bomb's quality video player really likes to just stop in the middle of videos and reset every time for me. It's really a ton of fun and quality.

Myggen

What/When was Dave Lang's first appearance on Bomb content?

According to this Reddit post, Lang's first appearance was on a Bombcast with Boyes and Johnny V.

Giant Bomb's quality video player really likes to just stop in the middle of videos and reset every time for me. It's really a ton of fun and quality.

Weird, that has never happened to me. Considered making a post in the Bug Reporting forum on the site or something?

Jintor

The old fonzie fix!

Actually I just learned that to power cycle the nexus you need to hold it down for 30 seconds and... it worked! Great! it's still a slow piece of shit though :T

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well, MS did choose them to keep working on Killer Instict.
They probably knew what he does on gameday.

Myggen

I love that Wreckateer's poor sales is still something Lang brings up as a joke. His whole "I know no one of you bought Wreckateer, and I never ask you of anything..." speech during last year's GDC panel(?) was hilarious.

popo

I bet the "please develop for kinect" bounty Microsoft were offering offset the terrible sales. Giving Iron Galaxy the contract for KI could even be an apology for the low sales.

Harmonix must have gotten one hell of a fruit basket.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Had the sub stream on in the background all day.
Did anyone catch that bit between Samantha and Drake? Sounded like Samantha is working on a game involving maybe wrestling or something and the Sony people are involved? Scoops!

Myggen

Had the sub stream on in the background all day.
Did anyone catch that bit between Samantha and Drake? Sounded like Samantha is working on a game involving maybe wrestling or something and the Sony people are involved? Scoops!

Heh yeah, a secret game that lends itself well to PAXMANIA names is all we know :p

I love that Wreckateer's poor sales is still something Lang brings up as a joke. His whole "I know no one of you bought Wreckateer, and I never ask you of anything..." speech during last year's GDC panel(?) was hilarious.

I'll admit, when he said that, at first I thought he was talking about Recettear. It took a few minutes before I remembered Wreckateer.

Next year giant bomb will have existed for a third of my life

But I dont really remember the first third of my life, so Giant Bomb has existed for basically half my life

Megasoum

Banned
After Brad talked about it on the podcast a little while ago I decided to watch the whole Broken Age documentary over the week-end. Really great stuff. I'm not really interested in the game itself but the film was good.

After Brad talked about it on the podcast a little while ago I decided to watch the whole Broken Age documentary over the week-end. Really great stuff. I'm not really interested in the game itself but the film was good.

that's public now right? also I should probably get around to watching the Massive Chalice videos at some point seeing as how i paid for that tier

I backed Broken Age, played Part 1, found it completely forgettable and will likely never bother to play Part 2. But I don't really care because I feel like I basically just paid for a really cool documentary series.

Speaking of Double Fine, what's Brad Muir up to? Hope he'll be around for the GB E3 show

Who would be the longest running Giant Bomb recurring guest?

I guess maybe Harmonix people? Would have to go back and see who was demoing Rock Band 1 back during the Gamespot days to them and see if Pope or Drake was there.

Ben Judd needs to make a comeback. That dude seemed cool. I guess he is still in Japan doing business?

Alex was.

Nah.

He didnt leave for that job until a few months after the Jeff stuff happened.

I remember the E3 before that RockBand was the big closer for the gamespot stream. I wanna say Brad sang Living on a Prayer? Maybe

Edit. GOOGLE-FU!

Actually it was Wanted Dead or alive and Ryan was singing.

https://youtu.be/LjrhM1Nh7PI

Also No John Drake or Eric Pope. Alex Rigopulos out there talking about stuff back before he got too big time for that

Jothel

Guys help I've been wandering around IKEA for two and a half hours and there's no end in sight. I've already eaten the meatballs... I don't know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom